Send Topic Print
Same bike , new problem (Read 31 times)
edison
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Same bike , new problem
05/04/18 at 14:33:54

Bike is running, but only if I keep the choke all the way out as when starting...it also helps if I give it a little throttle (gas)....idle seems low but I don't have a tac.  Still has the original air filter.   I did pop the mixture screw cover a while back to (before petcock add) and gave  the suggested 1.5 turn to enrich the mixture.

2012 model, 1300 miles,  with recently installed Raptor petcock and new battery.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Same bike , new problem
Reply #1 - 05/04/18 at 16:39:32

the mix screw is adjusted by turning down the idle speed screw on the left side of the carb as low as possible without stalling and with the motor up to temperature ,then turning the mix screw to obtain the highest idle speed.  I f at that point the screw is less than 1 turn out your idle jet is to big ,if more than 21/2 turns open it is to small  , three turns open, it has a good chance of falling out as you run down the road. If the bike still doesn't run right I''d pull the carb and clean it, which sounds like you should do anyway. the bike is 6 yrs old and hasn't even enough miles on it to say the rings are even fully seated (1500) that tells me it has  been  sitting (with old gas in the carb)  most of it life.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/22/24 at 14:34:22

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Same bike , new problem

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.