Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Compliments for the Savage (Read 104 times)
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Compliments for the Savage
05/02/18 at 02:04:32

I've had a string of random compliments about my bike recently. It's one of the best things! A guy pulled up at the service station while I was filling up, leaned out of his car, and said "beautiful bike mate", I've been approached twice by older bikers, while having my morning coffee at a cafe before work - both times we had a lengthy discussion about rpm, torque, horse power, and weight/power ratios. Then, a couple of days ago, I stopped to pick up groceries on my way home from a a day trip. A woman (probably 60 years old - I'm 48) asked if she could admire my bike. She said "I used to have a Virago 1100, but I don't think I could afford something like this." I said "What do you think THIS is?" lol.

I think it's the single cylinder, combined with the few cosmetic mods that throw people off. They think 'different' must equal 'expensive' or 'cool'.

Oh, and then there was that morning I was having coffee, and ended up letting a 6yo and and 8yo sit on my bike and rev it, while their mum watched on, and a couple of old guys were smiling from their outdoor table.

All of that .... and ... I get to ride it, work on it, and look at it!!

Seriously, this bike is the gift that just keeps giving Smiley

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Compliments for the Savage
Reply #1 - 05/02/18 at 06:35:50

Buy a lottery ticket

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #2 - 05/02/18 at 07:26:16

Post a pic,... I want to admire too... Cool

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
Rotorhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pearl City, HI
Reply #3 - 05/02/18 at 12:34:29

I've gotten them too! Just recently (Feb) got mine on the road after paint and some mild mods (exhaust and other chrome, seat and lighting) and I've gotten a number of "Nice bike! What is it?" from people. I think the simplicity and clean lines make it stand out, and something about it just says "not Harley" which is what most people expect to see.

bike1_001.JPG
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #4 - 05/02/18 at 14:53:38

I like it!!!

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #5 - 05/02/18 at 15:35:36

Rotorhead

That's a nice looking Bike !  "Ug , I'm not just saying that because I heard it somewhere"  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #6 - 05/02/18 at 19:41:57

This is where it's at at the moment. I'm still tweaking the handlebars and seat. I like it but I didn't think it was so eye-catching that other people would make so many comments!

It actually happened again this morning!! The bike was parked out the front at work. Another older biker came over and asked what it was. I told him an S40. He said it looks a lot like old Suzuki Savage!  Grin Grin

We had a great chat and then he said "Well it looks super cool".

I'm starting to blush!

IMG_20180503_123413.jpg

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #7 - 05/02/18 at 19:43:00

IMG_20180503_123501.jpg

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #8 - 05/02/18 at 19:43:32

« Last Edit: 05/03/18 at 13:36:56 by IslandRoad »  

Rear_View_2.jpg

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #9 - 05/02/18 at 19:43:55

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 05/02/18 at 06:35:50:
Buy a lottery ticket

😁😁😁

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #10 - 05/02/18 at 19:44:47

Rotorhead, thats agreat looking bike. Very tidy work!!

IP Logged
Rotorhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pearl City, HI
Reply #11 - 05/03/18 at 10:55:32

Thank you gents. The seat is still a work in progress but it's comfortable and was about the limit of my fabrication skills/tools.

I'm continually impressed with the S40 as an all-around town bike and it has no problem keeping up on the interstate (although I don't do much interstate riding). Have yet to find a problem with it that hasn't been fleshed out already here on the forum, and it's such an easy, simple bike mechanically and electrically.

Now, when I want to really move out, I have the Scout...
-RH

bike.JPG
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #12 - 05/03/18 at 12:30:33

I love my S40. It really is a great all around bike. I did demo the Scout though and fell in love with its engine. Ergonomically I was not pleased with the Scout, but that engine is awesome.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
Rotorhead
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Pearl City, HI
Reply #13 - 05/03/18 at 18:24:07

I alternate between them. The Scout is obviously waaaay more powerful, and with ABS brakes it's much safer in the rain than the S40.  I'm a bike commuter so I ride every day rain or shine. I wasn't sold on the scout until they came out with the black-on-red; new handlebars and mini footboards and it's good to go.

Islandroad, very nice Scout, looks brand new!

-RH

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 21:10:47

General CategoryThe Cafe › Compliments for the Savage

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.