Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Clutch Lever Hard to Close (Read 184 times)
aearil
YaBB Newbies

El Sobrante, CA
Re: Clutch Lever Hard to Close
Reply #15 - 09/18/18 at 18:43:01

batman wrote on 04/28/18 at 18:24:39:
Aearil have the heated grips been turned on long enough to kill your battery yet? How many watts do they draw?

They haven't! I actually installed a new battery at the same time - the Duracell Ultra, I think? Haven't had any issues and it's been about 6k miles with them. They were a gift, so I'm not certain on specs but they look like these: https://www.amazon.com/Koso-AM10711F-Multi-Adjustment-Heated-Grips/dp/B00DTBU....

I know they have an auto-shutoff when the voltage drops below 13V, but I haven't been brave enough to test that yet.  Smiley

Quote:
I'm in Canada (the other CA), I wear gloves.

Well I find 45 F here to be my limit even with gloves, so....  Grin

2015 Suzuki Boulevard S40, 15k miles
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: Clutch Lever Hard to Close
Reply #16 - 09/21/18 at 12:08:24

aearil wrote on 04/28/18 at 13:18:30:
Figured it out!

So I started by disconnecting the top of the clutch cable so I could A) inspect it and B) lube it. Lubed it, connected it back up. Adjusted the play, and when I went to test it... It got caught again!

Turns out the glue on my handgrip had broken loose. The hand grip would occasionally twist enough that the wire coming out of it (heated hand grips) would block the clutch lever from closing. I feel like an idiot but at least it works now.  Roll Eyes

Had the same thing occasionally happen with my left side Oxford heated grip on my scooter, but it interfered with the rear brake lever.  Finally took it off and sprayed old-fashioned hair spray on the bar, reinstalled, problem solved.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 18:36:54

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch Lever Hard to Close

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.