Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Only whites CAN be prejudiced (Read 110 times)
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Re: Only whites CAN be prejudiced
Reply #15 - 04/16/18 at 07:52:13

Eegore wrote on 04/15/18 at 16:44:18:
 Can you reference a "Men's Club" that has been forced to allow women in?

Ya know, just don’t have the funds for diving on the computer all day.   Sat and Sun, it dropped 20-24” of wet heavy snow here. Today after 2 tanks on the snowblower, a break and some Coffee and entertainment, until I go back out again. So Just don’t have the Funds.

In the news, over many years, their has been several stories, about women now being allowed into exclusive men's clubs after they forced their way in.
Because I don’t have the funds, perhaps you do have the funds, and you can search, and then come up with 100’s of stories to prove me wrong.  (Like you did on the, ’solar farm’, bankruptcies)
Wasn’t their a private golf club on the news recently who was for how many year all men, but now, changed?  Wonder why they did that did something happen ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 04/16/18 at 09:54:31

I sent you a message on the solar farm bankruptcies months ago.  We could not find one that went through 5 consecutive bankruptcies, the titles changed hands.  Multiple companies were involved.  I was only interested in one company claiming bankruptcy 5 times on a single solar project, that's as far as it went.

It is unfortunate that you do not have the funds to reference your claims but I understand.  I will look into the golf course thing.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #17 - 04/16/18 at 15:54:54

Eegore wrote on 04/15/18 at 16:44:18:
 Can you reference a "Men's Club" that has been forced to allow women in?

Found a few links for ya.  Most of this happened, 25-30 +/- years ago.

“…Last week, (1987) San Francisco’s Mayor, Dianne Feinstein, signed a city ordinance making it illegal for certain clubs to exclude anyone because of sex or race. Styled after similar measures in New York and Los Angeles, the law will affect clubs with 400 or more members that regularly serve meals and receive money from nonmembers who dine or rent rooms there….”
https://www.nytimes.com/1987/11/25/garden/men-s-club-ponders-an-unknown-women...

“…In the past two decades, many women have taken private golf clubs to court, suing over weekend tee times, membership, divorce issues and access to men’s-only dining rooms….”

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/sports/golf/19links.html

“…(1987) Casting doubt on claims by many private clubs that they have constitutional rights to exclude women from membership, the Supreme Court ruled in a 7-to-0 decision today that states may outlaw such discrimination by Rotary Clubs….”

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/05/05/us/high-court-rules-that-rotary-clubs-must...

“…What started as a gender-discrimination lawsuit by four women…”
“…At the heart of the case for other private clubs — whether they be yacht clubs, tennis clubs or golf clubs — is a ruling made by Spokane County Superior Court Judge Linda Tompkins in 2011. She ruled the club was not exempt from public-accommodation provisions of state anti-discrimination laws….”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/golf/the-spokane-case-has-ripple-effect-o...

“…Among the legal arguments that the lawsuit plans to raise is the assertion that “Harvard is discriminating based on sex because it is excluding students from full participation in university activities simply based on the sex of the persons with whom they associate….”
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/comments/8b0arg/socjus_after_singlese...

“…The Union League Club board adopted new policies Wednesday to accept women as members just before a city ordinance banning sex discrimination at private clubs went into effect.

The Tavern Club changed its policies this month and began encouraging women to join. The two organizations were the two largest Chicago clubs that barred women from membership….”
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1987-07-30/news/8702250630_1_union-league-...

“…are details of a motion by the lawyer and former Labour MP Bob Marshall-Andrews, proposing that women should be allowed to join the club….”
https://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/apr/30/time-gentlemen-when-will-last-al...

“…Adult civic organizations began to open their doors to women in the 1970s and 1980s after a series of lawsuits. The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1987 that Rotary clubs could not exclude women….”

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 04/16/18 at 16:27:23

Thanks for the references, I will allocate some funding on my end to look through them.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 04/17/18 at 06:33:29

So a lot of this has to do with the practices being in Public facilities, not private men's clubs, and they receive funding from public sources, not private donation.  Three of the links all reference the exact same legal ruling structure and one is in another country.

Is there one that references a Private Men's Club that isn't using public funds or public property?

The following is from the popular Spokane case where people falsely claim that the law does not exempt anyone even though it clearly states:
"clubs are exempt from these laws on grounds of preserving rights of privacy and freedom of association"

"The 25-page federal complaint says that by denying Joyce the same “full citizenship status” as men at a public golf course "

There are two men's only clubs where I am from but they must be privately funded and they own the property they use.  In my state that's a big play into having the freedom to run a club like that.  If a public location is used regularly, as in regular meetings etc. then the city/state anti-discrimination laws come into play, but only if they put themselves in that position.

Im wondering if there's a private men's club, that is by legal definition private, not "commercial" as in using, selling public goods and property that was forced somehow to allow women in.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #20 - 04/17/18 at 08:04:11

I'm hanging a
No Girls Allowed
Sign on the door to the shop.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/06/24 at 23:22:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Only whites CAN be prejudiced

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.