Send Topic Print
On Pence (Read 35 times)
NHLycan

Nice forum!

New Hampshire
On Pence
04/12/18 at 16:53:37

It's looking more likely.

There's an increasing possibility that Pence will be sworn in as President prior to the next presidential election. The current chief executive may depart that job, one way or another. None of the problems surrounding Mr. Trump touch Mr. Pence in any meaningful way. He's clean. Opinions of the man may vary, but bathed in corruption, no, he is not. The charisma of cold oatmeal, sure, but that's not bad.

So, it could happen.

For Mr. Pence, it's something of a mixed bag. One the one hand, for a career politician, the big chair is like winning the Superbowl, the lottery and being voted prom king all at once. Since he was a young man, when he looked in the mirror, he saw a president. It's his life's goal. Winning!

But.

One the other, he's getting a tattered and bespoiled version, isn't he? Pence prides himself on his propriety. His character.
And the guy who will hand him his heart's desire, has nothing one should describe as morals.  He's probably a little revolted by his boss given his own personality.

And aside from the usual rhetoric around abortion, I don't think he's going to be all that comfortable in the red meat, "caravans of invaders", "shithole countries", "sending their rapists" speachifying zone. So will the base still be as enthusiastic without that winding up? They may instead see him as a deep state usurper.

It's a toss of the coin.

Plus, there's still a fair number of people who consider the last election illegitimate. An appointment of this kind will probably increase that number. After all, he wasn't elected to this job, even by a minority. There'll be cries of illegitimacy from the get go.

Also, he'll face a congress which is much bluer than the one his predecessor had. And one which has leaders who've been predisposed to distrust anyone with an 'R' after their name.

So he'll get about two years in office. Pardoning everyone in sight, I assume. Being harassed about his homophobia. Not being able to appoint judges. And be much less respected than Ford was at the end of it.  That's a big let down.

If things go that way, I'll feel bad for him.

New Hampshire. 2003 SL650. 13k miles. Raptor installed. Versy adjuster. Rotella 6 w/zinc. Idle mix plug out. Seat front up 1". Owned since July 2013. Mechanically inclined. Better cook than mechanic.
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: On Pence
Reply #1 - 04/12/18 at 17:05:29

And then Trump can go back to his failing empire and declare bankruptcy one final time,...
...if he's not in prison...  Huh

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 04/12/18 at 17:14:19

Sorry, I forgot, he did what again?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #3 - 04/12/18 at 17:51:11

raydawg wrote on 04/12/18 at 17:14:19:

He  WON,  by the Majority of, Citizens Voting.

And the,'stand in the street, Criers',
 are, STILL,  Standing in the Street,
 and  Crying.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 04/12/18 at 18:20:36

MnSpring wrote on 04/12/18 at 17:51:11:

He  WON,  by the Majority of, Citizens Voting.

And the,'stand in the street, Criers',
 are, STILL,  Standing in the Street,
 and  Crying.

SMH.........

I do not care for this guy, I liked Obama more than him.
What these lemmings fail to grasp here is it’s a cliff they are headed for over what?
The guys a jerk?
He lied, noooooooooo........ Shocked
It will be another president, that these folks don’t care if it lies, steals, and cheats, and they will cry FOUL when the tables are turned, just as they are all of a sudden worried over spending.

It’s one big circle jerk, and getting wider, because of this stupidity.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/13/18 at 09:06:09

Are you being sarcastic?

What did he do??

SMH indeed...

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 04/13/18 at 09:07:02

Great post NHLycan.

Smiley

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/13/18 at 11:05:39

NHLycan wrote on 04/12/18 at 16:53:37:
It's looking more likely.

There's an increasing possibility that Pence will be sworn in as President prior to the next presidential election. The current chief executive may depart that job, one way or another. None of the problems surrounding Mr. Trump touch Mr. Pence in any meaningful way. He's clean. Opinions of the man may vary, but bathed in corruption, no, he is not. The charisma of cold oatmeal, sure, but that's not bad.

So, it could happen.

For Mr. Pence, it's something of a mixed bag. One the one hand, for a career politician, the big chair is like winning the Superbowl, the lottery and being voted prom king all at once. Since he was a young man, when he looked in the mirror, he saw a president. It's his life's goal. Winning!

But.

One the other, he's getting a tattered and bespoiled version, isn't he? Pence prides himself on his propriety. His character.
And the guy who will hand him his heart's desire, has nothing one should describe as morals.  He's probably a little revolted by his boss given his own personality.

And aside from the usual rhetoric around abortion, I don't think he's going to be all that comfortable in the red meat, "caravans of invaders", "shithole countries", "sending their rapists" speachifying zone. So will the base still be as enthusiastic without that winding up? They may instead see him as a deep state usurper.

It's a toss of the coin.

Plus, there's still a fair number of people who consider the last election illegitimate. An appointment of this kind will probably increase that number. After all, he wasn't elected to this job, even by a minority. There'll be cries of illegitimacy from the get go.

Also, he'll face a congress which is much bluer than the one his predecessor had. And one which has leaders who've been predisposed to distrust anyone with an 'R' after their name.

So he'll get about two years in office. Pardoning everyone in sight, I assume. Being harassed about his homophobia. Not being able to appoint judges. And be much less respected than Ford was at the end of it.  That's a big let down.

If things go that way, I'll feel bad for him.

You lie down with dogs you get up with fleas. He chose to run with Trump, He knew who Trump was, we all did.

and No, He didn't win, you don't vote for Vice president.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 15:43:50

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › On Pence

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.