From Allen D. (Read 107 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
From Allen D.
04/11/18 at 17:08:02

Someday  soon, government is going to have to justify its decision to conduct this raid. I challenge any reader who is not concerned about the raid to honestly answer the following question: If the raid had been conducted on Hillary Clinton’s lawyer’s office and home, would you be as unconcerned?  The truth now?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: From Allen D.
Reply #1 - 04/11/18 at 17:14:27

I could care less.  I don't know why Hillary is an issue or why she's a topic here everyday.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #2 - 04/11/18 at 18:01:42

Quote:
I don't know why Hillary is an issue or why she's a topic here everyday.

'cause she still can't believe she's not the POTUS. And most of the lefties in the country - and the few who post on here - can't either  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 04/11/18 at 19:02:27

oldNslow wrote on 04/11/18 at 18:01:42:
Quote:

'cause she still can't believe she's not the POTUS. And most of the lefties in the country - and the few who post on here - can't either  Grin Grin Grin

A yep.......
It’s all part of the same, pretend otherwise.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 04/12/18 at 04:58:12

She's a topic, pehaps symbol is a better word, for the blatant double standard of the media and entertainment culture, that's why. In a world with a unbiased press, she would have been laughed out of any campaign. Her days as a national politician are done, but I imagine she'll remain a topic for quite a few more years.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 04/12/18 at 05:49:38

She's America's poster child for corruption and arrogance.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #6 - 04/12/18 at 05:58:13

The raid was based on a investigation, which provided a judge with reasons that met the criteria for further pursuit of info.  While it might make the incredibly gullible feel better if we wasted a few billion investigating (she whose name should not be spoken) the result would be ...nothing of great substance will be found (just like the millions of times our Congress tried to  impeach Mr. Clinton).

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #7 - 04/12/18 at 06:19:53

Quote:
(just like the millions of times our Congress tried to  impeach Mr. Clinton).

Clinton was impeached. He wasn't convicted. The House votes to impeach. The trial takes place in the Senate. Two separate proceedings. Conviction requires more than a simple majority.

Quote:
Leading to the impeachment, Independent Counsel Ken Starr turned over documentation to the House Judiciary Committee. Chief Prosecutor David Schippers and his team reviewed the material and determined there was sufficient evidence to impeach the president. As a result, four charges were considered by the full House of Representatives; two passed, making Clinton the second president to be impeached,..

The trial in the United States Senate began right after the seating of the 106th Congress, in which the Republican Party began with 55 senators. A two-thirds vote (67 senators) was required to remove Clinton from office. 50 senators voted to remove Clinton on the obstruction of justice charge and 45 voted to remove him on the perjury charge; no member of his own Democratic Party voted guilty on either charge. Clinton, like Johnson a century earlier, was acquitted on all charges.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 04/12/18 at 06:21:10

raydawg wrote on 04/11/18 at 17:08:02:
Someday  soon, government is going to have to justify its decision to conduct this raid. I challenge any reader who is not concerned about the raid to honestly answer the following question: If the raid had been conducted on Hillary Clinton’s lawyer’s office and home, would you be as unconcerned?  The truth now?

Is it justified?  Then there's no reason for concern.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/12/18 at 06:23:28

oldNslow wrote on 04/11/18 at 18:01:42:
Quote:

Wait, is ray really hillary??
Grin Grin

Sorry old - none of us "lefties" bring up hillary - it's only the desperate cons that feel the need to do so.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 04/12/18 at 06:24:46

WebsterMark wrote on 04/12/18 at 04:58:12:
She's a topic, pehaps symbol is a better word, for the blatant double standard of the media and entertainment culture, that's why. In a world with a unbiased press, she would have been laughed out of any campaign. Her days as a national politician are done, but I imagine she'll remain a topic for quite a few more years.

Yeah, the topic of desperate cons like yourself.

The democratic party has moved on.

You should do the same.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 04/12/18 at 06:25:28

Trippah wrote on 04/12/18 at 05:58:13:
The raid was based on a investigation, which provided a judge with reasons that met the criteria for further pursuit of info.  While it might make the incredibly gullible feel better if we wasted a few billion investigating (she whose name should not be spoken) the result would be ...nothing of great substance will be found (just like the millions of times our Congress tried to  impeach Mr. Clinton).  

+100

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #12 - 04/12/18 at 07:56:28

You are right ONS, Clinton was impeached, I was not too accurately referring to  the continuous votes to impeach which kept Congress busy for years.  They finally got down to it and he wasn't convicted.  

That  chain of events, as much as anything recently, made Congress the butt of many jokes and gave the world the impression that Congress does nothing but spin its wheels and snip a the President (if he/she is from the other party).  

Should the Democrats take control of the House and the Senate thru the mid term elections I suspect they will follow the same path.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #13 - 04/12/18 at 08:07:35

The FBI has a primary job of investigating corruption (political, not physical) so they are doing what they are supposed to.  Are too many of the 50 thousand agents and professionals who make up the FBI being used on the Trump campaign?  Too few on possible school shooters?

Given the number of people who study bomb making online, visit gun sites etc and dream of killing someone for whatever reason: I suspect that if every other human was an FBI employee, some sicko would still slip through.  While the terrorists, global and eco, political and religious still stand out as threats, students killing each other is shifting from a local police to national police point of possible intervention which will make it very difficult to be accurate yet respectful of the rights we as a people enjoy.  The whole intervention before a crime is committed is still being evolved and a lot of misuse is possible - tough road to smooth out.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #14 - 04/12/18 at 08:14:10

Quote:
Should the Democrats take control of the House and the Senate thru the mid term elections I suspect they will follow the same path.

I agree. But even if the Dems get the Senate, it will only be by a small margin. Only a seat or two. They have a better chance of taking the House, but even that isn't a slam dunk IMO. Getting the 67 votes in the Senate  needed for a conviction, even if the House does manage to get an impeachment, will be a pretty steep hill to climb.

And a successful impeachment without a conviction, would almost certainly rile up the deplorables to the point of virtually guaranteeing Trumps reelection in 2020.

But that isn't going to stop the MSM idjits from stroking themselves to sleep every night dreaming about it.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 23:36:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › From Allen D.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.