Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The unpopular and correct position (Read 69 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
The unpopular and correct position
04/11/18 at 10:59:20

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2018/04/11/fix-it-hunter-pollack-brother-of...

The left and the media, but I repeat myself, ignore this.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: The unpopular and correct position
Reply #1 - 04/11/18 at 11:34:02

Reminds me of the protests at the local college complaining that professors are being laid off while they build a new sports complex.

The funding is allocated by people who do not work for the college, its illegal for them to use sports funds for academic use.  All the signs, chanting, social media degradation etc. did nothing to support academics.  

The FBI doesn't have a pool of people all trained identically to do the same job.  Its not as simple as telling the people who raided Cohen to fly out to Florida and start looking into potential active shooters.

The FBI messed up but they cant just re-prioritize on their own.  It will take time and town-hall protests wont be what changes Federal allocation of funds and resources.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 04/11/18 at 15:00:40

It's not as if the guy was hiding.
They knew his name.
I could have found him.
Anyone not an absolute idiot could have found him.
They didn't TRY.
The topic shouldn't even Be about guns, but about the promise program, and which people in the F.B.I. dropped the ball and open discussions about Why, after the SRO suggested Cruz be committed, nothing happened.
The FAILURES that occurred I've laid out. The F.B.I. Didn't say
It's a manpower problem.
They admitted that they screwed up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/11/18 at 17:11:22

Nobody has said they didn't admit to screwing up.  Ive agreed with you on that multiple times.  I will continue to do so each time you bring it up.

In context to the article: They are saying in the article the question is why are they using resources on Cohen instead of resources on guys like Cruz.

I agree with that but I also don't have the delusion that any Federal organization has freedom to just re-allocate resources overnight.  Do they really think the FBI under judges orders will say "No we aren't going to Cohen's until we sort out this active shooter thing." ?

Change needs to happen, but comparing issuing of a search/seizure warrant to intelligence gathering for potential active shooters is Apples and Oranges until all FBI agents can do each others jobs, and be funded, and not break law, all at the same time.

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #4 - 04/11/18 at 18:34:40

The kid's tweet is hyperbole, but he's right.He's talking about priorities , not  allocation of funds, cross training, resources and the other things Eegore is blathering about. And the FBI's priority is the protection of the vested interests of the bureaucratic swamp that is our federal government, not some as*hole that might shoot a bunch of school kids.   For the past year or so the FBI's  priority has been fu*king Trump.

Mr. Pollack is pissed - his sister was murdered after all - and he's exaggerating. But he's not wrong.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/11/18 at 19:27:50

The tweet wont address the issues that will create change.  Protests, forum posts, complaining wont do it.

The social media route being used to change FBI priorities wont work.  Type "FIX IT!" twenty thousand times a day in Twitter and see what happens.  All I'm saying is this guy is wasting his time, just like all the protests at the local college did.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 04/11/18 at 20:12:52

None of it is a waste of time.
The problem is
This guy isn't getting invitations to every t.v.news show
Like the gun rights destroyers do.
And when enough people are willing to say
We're not talking about the Real Problems.
Talking about guns is insulating the people who should be held to account for the failures.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 04/11/18 at 20:13:46

oldNslow wrote on 04/11/18 at 18:34:40:
The kid's tweet is hyperbole, but he's right.He's talking about priorities , not  allocation of funds, cross training, resources and the other things Eegore is blathering about. And the FBI's priority is the protection of the vested interests of the bureaucratic swamp that is our federal government, not some as*hole that might shoot a bunch of school kids.   For the past year or so the FBI's  priority has been fu*king Trump.

Mr. Pollack is pissed - his sister was murdered after all - and he's exaggerating. But he's not wrong.

People should read that More than once

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #8 - 04/12/18 at 08:08:27

Eegore wrote on 04/11/18 at 19:27:50:
 The tweet wont address the issues that will create change.  Protests, forum posts, complaining wont do it.
 The social media route being used to change FBI priorities wont work.  Type "FIX IT!" twenty thousand times a day in Twitter and see what happens.  All I'm saying is this guy is wasting his time, just like all the protests at the local college did.

Well Hunter Pollack, will probably not, 'fix it'.

Yet the, Over and Over and Over,
telling of  LIES,  has worked.
 aka,  Sahara  Brady.
OVER, and OVER, and OVER, and OVER, and OVER, and OVER, ETC.
 she  LIED.  

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 04/12/18 at 10:27:57

So what you are saying is if this guy stopped saying "FIX IT" and actually did something like spend 20 years developing gun-control advocacies, wrote books and legislation, and lied many times to do it then maybe he would get results.

I imagine if the people at my local college did the same thing then maybe they would have gotten change.  But crying and yelling and holding signs and typing on Facebook/Twitter didn't.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 04/12/18 at 10:39:47

But crying and yelling and holding signs and typing on Facebook/Twitter didn't.

This is a key statement, observation, about what is driving the news
narratives in today's climate.

Its also why Trump's election surprised so many.

The left is very vocal and active.
They are easy to read and gauge.

The middle, and right, not so much.
They don't do the demonstrations, shouting folk down at event, etc....
They just go about their business, as a whole.
Its like they know the left has no real interest in dialogue, so they don't waste their time.
The results won't be known until after the elections.
The right was suppose to be done, a fork stuck in it, after Obama's first victory......

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 04/13/18 at 10:11:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/11/18 at 20:12:52:
None of it is a waste of time.
The problem is
This guy isn't getting invitations to every t.v.news show
Like the gun rights destroyers do.
And when enough people are willing to say
We're not talking about the Real Problems.
Talking about guns is insulating the people who should be held to account for the failures.

How about actually talking about that?

It's kinda preordained that the intelligent approach won't be enacted
WHILE ALL OF THE MEDIA PUSHES
BUT
GUNZ.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/05/24 at 10:34:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › The unpopular and correct position

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.