Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
There is no limit on insanity (Read 34 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
There is no limit on insanity
04/11/18 at 05:59:25

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Re: There is no limit on insanity
Reply #1 - 04/11/18 at 06:02:59

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 04/11/18 at 06:05:37

First one, no URL button
Second one, didn't eliminate the spaces
Third, tidied up..

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 04/11/18 at 07:34:08

You've never sat out a light at 110' in Tucson... Grin

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/11/18 at 12:07:07

as long as that paint doesn't get too slippery when it's wet, sounds like an okay idea to me, sure it may not add up to much in the big scheme of things but, I know I look for light colored helmets and gear to wear as much as possible to try to keep a bit cooler, sure it's only a few degrees but, it matters to me.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/11/18 at 12:29:27

The article headline as usual is intentionally misleading.  Its to reduce heat emitted from the street, not to combat "global warming".  

This has been in the works for years as part of an investigation intended to reduce roadwork repair over time and micro-heat increases in areas containing high-reflectivity heat retention.  Its an attempt to reduce the Heat Island effect and this is comprehensive in its evaluation.  If miles of blacktop increase local temperatures then area cooling attempts increase, the idea is that people may use less resources like air conditioning if the local climate is cooler.  This may or may not work, but it wont work if its not attempted I imagine.

The climate change nonsense is just that.  Also the hope is that the coating eventually replaces repeated pothole/crack repair.  Coolguard was chosen out of a selection of GuardTop products.  I don't know if it will work, I would be surprised if it did.  

If it becomes an accepted method of application the cost would need to go down or its back to standard repair.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 04/11/18 at 12:40:43

Now that was a great, insightful, reply..... thanks!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 04/11/18 at 13:39:40

I read it. I saw that.
Doesn't mean painting the streets is a good plan.
And it's irritating when they twist the truth and make the headline about something else. Happens all the time, and I don't know why the truth wouldn't have been every bit as good. At least I wouldn't have been so tempted to stop reading when I saw the disconnect between the headline and the story.

I would ask the people pushing for it what they think of the fact that they want to smear PAINT, actually, some kinda sealer/insulating surface, over All that area, for it to slowly erode into the surrounding area and drainage. What is the carbon footprint of making it and shipping it?

Since that Is the religion of so many people over there, I wonder if they have genuflected appropriately to the gw god with respect to this idea.

$40,000.00 PER MILE, on How many miles?
And how much would the homeless people like summathat?

It looks only a minuscule amount less ridiculous than the
Bridge to Nowhere,
Which got shitcanned.

Gonna be something to watch..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 12:24:13

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › There is no limit on insanity

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.