Send Topic Print
Clutch and Cam Chain (Read 46 times)
Uponthesky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Clutch and Cam Chain
04/10/18 at 13:17:24

What mileage would you recommend replacing the Cam  chain and clutch or the pads? im currently in the process of replacing the CCA and want to do all i can while i have it taken apart. Any recommendations on what else to do while im at it?

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Clutch and Cam Chain
Reply #1 - 04/10/18 at 13:23:34

The clutch can last a very long time....provided you use an oil that is safe for wet clutches (no moly or other friction modifiers).

The cam chain issue is a very personal thing, and it seems to be affected by riding style.....short rides result in the tensioner coming apart in 10,000 miles or less - long rides can make it go well beyond 20,000.  You just need to take it apart and inspect it a time or two - and get some idea how fast yours is moving.  A modified tensioner can allow the cam chain to last twice as long - the chain is not beyond the wear limits when the tensioner runs out of adjustment.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #2 - 04/10/18 at 14:03:15

You should be aware that replacing the adjuster with a new one doesn't fix the issue of the plunger failing out, unless you're getting an extended one.

WWW   IP Logged
Uponthesky
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/10/18 at 15:06:49

I plan on buying one from you verslagen1, i just want to make sure i do everything properly the first time. i have no idea what ill be getting into once i open it up and how bad it could be. im not sure if my clutch is slipping or its bogging down when i ride but it doing something funny, ill update you later on what my motorhead buddy has to say after he rides it. im new to bikes but i know a bit about cars. any idea or advice guys?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/17/24 at 19:49:06

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Clutch and Cam Chain

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.