FB...... so what? (Read 42 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
FB...... so what?
04/10/18 at 12:21:22

I am not sure whyfolks are surprised, outraged, or what....
Mining information is nothing new, this is just higher technology, so, what did you expect?
In a weird way it’s no different than raiding Trumps personal
Attorneys office.
You trying to hide something, then don’t put it on Facebook, etc...

Our privacy will get less, and less, that is the natural progression of technology

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Re: FB...... so what?
Reply #1 - 04/10/18 at 13:02:28

Yes,.. gullible people are targeted every day...
Trump voters and Fox viewers are proven gullible.

SCOTTeVEST founder calls Fox News viewers gullible idiots.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2018/01/22/scottevest-founder...
""I laugh to myself, and tell them that we primarily advertise on Fox because we find their viewership to be extremely gullible and much easier to sell than other networks," Jordan wrote in the post.

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
bobert_FSO

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Wichita KS
Reply #2 - 04/10/18 at 13:52:49

I find it odd that people are willing to click on any stupid link and don't think they will be tracked.

Yes, Facebook needs to clean up their act. I think the most telling is that Mark Z made a comment somewhere (I'm not sure where I saw it) that yes, Facebook has had privacy issues for a number of years. Hey, Mark! Why hasn't something been done about it? You have certainly had time to work on it. Just wait for something to hit the fan and then claim that you are sorry?. Yes, you are sorry. You are a sorry, greedy, poor excuse for a CEO, bent on world domination along with your Amazon, Uber and Google buddies.

Yes, I do use Facebook, mostly to keep up with family and friends. However, here's what I don't do.

I don't broadcast all my interests in my profile and my posts.

I don't  click on posts that are not originated by someone don't personally know.

I don't take stupid quizzes to see what I might look like as a girl or to tell me my personality traits.

I don't use any Facebook apps or play any Facebook games.

I don't log in to other websites via my Facebook credentials.

It's not rocket science. If you are not paying for a service or product, YOU are the product.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 04/10/18 at 13:55:21

So their GOAL is to sell stuff, that is my point exactly.

You sell, because you want something from it, power, money, information.
With which you “plow” back into the endeavor to reap greater rewards.
If I wanted a Black perspective, I would access arenas that have the greatest propensity to return the desired results.

I would invest in CNN if I wanted a liberal perspective, or to mine their beliefs, using that to further my own desires, etc.
Or FOX, or whoever, whatever.

That is why I don’t get this new obsession with FB.
Well, maybe it’s just getting a little to revealing, and it might awaken the dupes to their duplicity  Grin

Can’t have that!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 04/10/18 at 13:58:18

It's not rocket science. If you are not paying for a service or product, YOU are the product.

Perfect!

I will post this on my FB Page  Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/10/18 at 15:07:54

bobert_FSO wrote on 04/10/18 at 13:52:49:
I find it odd that people are willing to click on any stupid link and don't think they will be tracked.

Yes, Facebook needs to clean up their act. I think the most telling is that Mark Z made a comment somewhere (I'm not sure where I saw it) that yes, Facebook has had privacy issues for a number of years. Hey, Mark! Why hasn't something been done about it? You have certainly had time to work on it. Just wait for something to hit the fan and then claim that you are sorry?. Yes, you are sorry. You are a sorry, greedy, poor excuse for a CEO, bent on world domination along with your Amazon, Uber and Google buddies.

Yes, I do use Facebook, mostly to keep up with family and friends. However, here's what I don't do.

I don't broadcast all my interests in my profile and my posts.

I don't  click on posts that are not originated by someone don't personally know.

I don't take stupid quizzes to see what I might look like as a girl or to tell me my personality traits.

I don't use any Facebook apps or play any Facebook games.

I don't log in to other websites via my Facebook credentials.

WELL PUT!!

IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Reply #6 - 04/10/18 at 15:39:21

goes for this site too???

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 04/10/18 at 15:53:13

thumperclone wrote on 04/10/18 at 15:39:21:

goes for this site too???

I'd say - Yep!

Most people come on here looking for tips on their Savages.

Honestly, it's a great resource for someone like me doing a rigid tail bobber.

(the fun of the TT is just an added bonus!)
Cheesy

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/04/24 at 06:27:39

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › FB...... so what?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.