Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
I never really understand the (Read 183 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
I never really understand the
04/04/18 at 19:49:13

New Word that's suddenly racist.

I also don't understand con games.
Now I'm starting to see why.

https://www.ocregister.com/2012/08/31/mark-steyn-racist-dog-whistles-and-the-...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: I never really understand the
Reply #1 - 04/04/18 at 21:44:39

Racial gaps that were steadily narrowing in the 1940s, ’50s and ’60s would expand in the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s, which suggests that the disparities that continue today aren’t being driven by racism, notwithstanding claims to the contrary from liberals and their allies in the media. It also suggests that attitudes toward marriage, education, work and the rule of law play a much larger role than the left wants to acknowledge. More marches won’t address out-of-wedlock childbearing. More sit-ins won’t lower black crime rates or narrow the school achievement gap.

Even electing and appointing more black officials, which has been a major priority for civil-rights leaders over the past half-century, can’t compensate for these cultural deficiencies. Black mayors, police chiefs and school superintendents have been commonplace since the 1970s, including in major cities with large black populations. Racially gerrymandered voting districts have ensured the election of blacks to Congress. Even the election of a black president—twice—failed to close the divide in many key measures. Black-white differences in poverty, homeownership and incomes all grew wider under President Obama.

Discussion of antisocial behavior in poor black communities, let alone the possibility that it plays a significant role in racial inequality, has become another casualty of the post-’60s era. King and other black leaders at the time spoke openly about the need for more-responsible behavior in poor black communities. After remarking on disproportionately high inner-city crime rates, King told a black congregation in St. Louis that “we’ve got to do something about our moral standards.” He added: “We know that there are many things wrong in the white world, but there are many things wrong in the black world too. We can’t keep on blaming the white man. There are things we must do for ourselves.”

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 04/05/18 at 13:07:11

raydawg wrote on 04/04/18 at 21:44:39:
Racial gaps that were steadily narrowing in the 1940s, ’50s and ’60s would expand in the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s, which suggests that the disparities that continue today aren’t being driven by racism, notwithstanding claims to the contrary from liberals and their allies in the media. It also suggests that attitudes toward marriage, education, work and the rule of law play a much larger role than the left wants to acknowledge. More marches won’t address out-of-wedlock childbearing. More sit-ins won’t lower black crime rates or narrow the school achievement gap.

Even electing and appointing more black officials, which has been a major priority for civil-rights leaders over the past half-century, can’t compensate for these cultural deficiencies. Black mayors, police chiefs and school superintendents have been commonplace since the 1970s, including in major cities with large black populations. Racially gerrymandered voting districts have ensured the election of blacks to Congress. Even the election of a black president—twice—failed to close the divide in many key measures. Black-white differences in poverty, homeownership and incomes all grew wider under President Obama.

Discussion of antisocial behavior in poor black communities, let alone the possibility that it plays a significant role in racial inequality, has become another casualty of the post-’60s era. King and other black leaders at the time spoke openly about the need for more-responsible behavior in poor black communities. After remarking on disproportionately high inner-city crime rates, King told a black congregation in St. Louis that “we’ve got to do something about our moral standards.” He added: “We know that there are many things wrong in the white world, but there are many things wrong in the black world too. We can’t keep on blaming the white man. There are things we must do for ourselves.”

"Racial gaps that were steadily narrowing in the 1940s, ’50s and ’60s would expand in the 1970s, ’80s and ’90s, which suggests that the disparities that continue today aren’t being driven by racism"

why?   people were more open about their racism in the 40s-60s, so they had all kinds of ways of expressing it, in the 60's the civil rights movement made it unpopular and unprofitable to be openly racist, so maybe they switched to being racist financially to punish whatever race they didn't like but had to hire due to the new laws.

yes there are many things wrong with the white world and black world, but the wrong things in the white world have power over the black world (right or wrong) in a way that the black world does NOT have power over the white world.  

Yes on personal responsibility but that includes taking ownership for the things you are doing to others, not just yourself.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 04/05/18 at 13:32:57

I just showed this to my Black boss....

Yes there are many things wrong with the white world and black world, but the wrong things in the white world have power over the black world (right or wrong) in a way that the black world does NOT have power over the white world.  

He told me to reply back to you, for him, that your premise is based on a false assumption that Blacks, because of their race, are inferior, solely based on their skin color.
He said this is your deep held guilt, and a attempt at appeasing it, by wholesaling ALL Black folk as victims, and in need of the a white man own need to think he can help, rescue, a Blackman, because he needs it.

He said, no thanks, he is able to overcome many obstacles in his life, and that includes a white dude who thinks this crazy white privilege is holding HIM back as a human being....

I told him I would, but that you would not get it.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #4 - 04/05/18 at 13:44:03

raydawg wrote on 04/05/18 at 13:32:57:
Yes there are many things wrong with the white world and black world, but the wrong things in the white world have power over the black world (right or wrong) in a way that the black world does NOT have power over the white world.  
He told me to reply back to you, for him, that your premise is based on a false assumption that Blacks, because of their race, are inferior, solely based on their skin color.
He said this is your deep held guilt, and a attempt at appeasing it, by wholesaling ALL Black folk as victims, and in need of the a white man own need to think he can help, rescue, a Blackman, because he needs it.
He said, no thanks, he is able to overcome many obstacles in his life, and that includes a white dude who thinks this crazy white privilege is holding HIM back as a human being....

Lost, (And  T&T, can't leave you out) I ask again:
Would you say:
Black and Hispanic students
 Should be held to the same behavioral standards
     as white and Asian students.

OR, would you say that:
Black and Hispanic students
can’t be held to the same behavioral standards
     as white and Asian students.

Based on the information from a person,
as underlined above.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 04/05/18 at 14:43:21

raydawg wrote on 04/05/18 at 13:32:57:

Well, I respect his opinion, but not his judgment, He doesn't know me, and you don't know me, not really you don't and I don't really know you either.  Maybe I should have spoken more carefully but I always give people the benefit of the doubt that they'd think the best of someone and make them prove that they deserve to be thought less of.

And it's not because of the color of their skin, but the History of the United States. This nation, in general, has historically allowed the powerful, regardless of skin color to abuse and create extremely negative environment to control those that benefit them. Whether it be though slavery, indentured servitude, Jewish Ghettos, the plight of the Irish and Italians when they came here, child labor, women, etc...

I'm not trying, nor do I want to rescue the "black man" I want to remove barriers that the past has built up, not just stopping them, but stopping anyone regardless of color or sexual orientation or religion or etc....  who doesn't follow the "traditions and heritage" of traditional white culture/power.  

I was speaking in broad generalities, not specifics, so I wasn't specifically speaking about your boss, or any specific man/woman/child. And unfortunately the stats would back me up.

But it's awesome that he's in an environment, and many if not most other black people are in similar environments that allow them to achieve greatness, probably far greater than I will ever be.  And yes, in general that's most of America today, but there are still remnants that need to be addressed.

Edit:
and it's not the blacks that are inferior, if anything it's the greed that has corrupted our culture in general that had made us ALL inferior

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 04/05/18 at 19:25:02

Disingenuous that you inform me, my boss, that his judgment is skewed, then excuse yourself from scrunity because we/he don’t really know you personally.....
And then on your own beliefs you pass a judgment on whole generations as cause, and I dare say you don’t know all of them, personally.....

Your one sided and stubborn, would be my observation of you.
Truth, is not your desire, affirmation is your motivation.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 04/05/18 at 19:45:26

The racism that never goes away, there are many responsible blacks and some of them are even motorcyclists.  What they (the blacks) do not have is access to good schools with modern equipment., and the knowledge (well, the perception) that even if they get through High School, Whitey will hire one of his own.

The high percentage of inmates are disproportionately black because our legal system is based on it.  This means that for many blacks, their education is at prison..wonder what they study.

This also leads to the missing link in the social fabric of poor black communities, no dad..he's serving time.  Children need role models of both sexes.

All of this lead (past tense) to the reduction in penalties for blacks, with the unintended consequence of teaching the kids they can break the rules.    Of course, if Father is veddy rich, you get to break them also. Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 04/05/18 at 20:07:54

You need to talk to an old Black man who was discriminated against greatly in his days.
He will most likely tell you when LBJ tried to fix this problem, is when the fathers role, and enflunce, was greatly diminished in the family unit.

Codependency and enabling does not work period.
Expectations lead to resentment, when not fulfilled.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 04/05/18 at 20:17:46

most likely tell you when LBJ tried to fix this problem,

That was purely a political move, designed to get votes.
It worked.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #10 - 04/05/18 at 21:04:01

Quote:

Once in a while the script gets flipped.  Zimbabwe - formerly Rhodesia - at the present time, and, within a few years, South Africa. Somebody's always going to be on top with the power, and somebody's always going to be on the bottom without it.

Now that blacks are running Zimbabwe,things are not pleasant for the few whites that remain. Like they were unpleasant for  blacks there not too long ago. South Africa is going down the same road. The government there has just begun confiscating white owned farms. Soon, if they are not yet doing it officially, they will begin killing the white farmers.

Unfortunately for Zimbabwe,, with blacks running the show, life there actually pretty much sucks for everyone, black or white. It won't take South Africa very long to duplicate that experience.  

There are cities right here in the US where this same pattern has been emerging. DC Baltimore, Detroit, Camden. etc.

Speaking in "broad generalities" of course.

I don't pretend to know WHY things are like they are. But they are like they are.; anecdotes like the one about raydawg's boss notwithstanding And I know who I want running stuff where I live. I'd like for the infrastructure and the civil institutions to remain operational, and I've got a pretty good idea, at least  locally, who can and who cannot be relied upon to accomplish that.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 04/05/18 at 21:08:54

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/05/18 at 20:17:46:
most likely tell you when LBJ tried to fix this problem,

That was purely a political move, designed to get votes.
It worked.

I will disagree with your assumption.
No, the guy was pretty consistent on the matter, but you can not micro manage life, that is what ISIS, the Tailiban, etc, believe.,.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #12 - 04/05/18 at 22:21:25

You don't think it was a disingenuous handout, meant to get the vote of minorities?
You might not know as much about Johnson as I do.
It was a really bad deal for the people who he Said he wanted to
Help.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 04/06/18 at 00:46:06

I can gather opinions from both POV’s, try and weigh it, but it is still a best guess scenario, just like how folks are for removing conferate statues based of on today’s historical spin, not of historical context at that time.
It’s like introducing somebody today as a illegal drug user in a state where pot is now legal....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #14 - 04/06/18 at 07:20:06

I know what a racist s.o.b. Johnson was.
There was nothing about him you would want to be like. Read about
The Man, nasty bastard he was.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 19:46:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I never really understand the

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.