Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
I never really understand the (Read 183 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: I never really understand the
Reply #15 - 04/06/18 at 07:24:42

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #16 - 04/06/18 at 07:36:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/06/18 at 07:20:06:
I know what a racist s.o.b. Johnson was.
There was nothing about him you would want to be like. Read about
The Man, nasty bastard he was.

You forgot CORRUPT in your discription JOG.

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/06/18 at 09:39:30

raydawg wrote on 04/05/18 at 19:25:02:
Disingenuous that you inform me, my boss, that his judgment is skewed, then excuse yourself from scrunity because we/he don’t really know you personally.....
And then on your own beliefs you pass a judgment on whole generations as cause, and I dare say you don’t know all of them, personally.....

Your one sided and stubborn, would be my observation of you.
Truth, is not your desire, affirmation is your motivation.

where did I pass judgment on your boss???  or you??  

you are reading A LOT into what I said, that's your problem, not mine

but you won't ever find the Truth, that you seem to value, that way.  

continue to judge me based on your biased perception of me as you will, just one more person on here I don't need to respond to. bye now

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #18 - 04/06/18 at 10:10:29

Bye.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 04/06/18 at 11:08:23

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/06/18 at 07:20:06:
I know what a racist s.o.b. Johnson was.
There was nothing about him you would want to be like. Read about
The Man, nasty bastard he was.

I have.....
I believe he was a snake.
I still feel he was in the "loop" about JFK's assignation.
I believe Kennedy didn't trust the guy, and choose him, to stifle his actions as senate leader.

But again, you must consider the historic facts of the time.
Yes, it was a issue that diverted away from Asia, in that fact you could say it was political in nature, but no where near the same kind of crap like WJC saying he was the first Black president, etc, kind of pandering....

One other thing, I know times have changed dramatically as a woman's influences on her husband, etc, but Ladybird truly was a class act, and civil rights was a big concern for her.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #20 - 04/06/18 at 11:25:37

Yeah, she was a peach. I gag when I hear her disgusting name.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/press_box/2007/07/the_honest_...

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #21 - 04/06/18 at 11:35:25

You don't have to Like the source or content for it to be true.

http://stonezone.com/article.php?id=625

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #22 - 04/06/18 at 12:48:36

You offer Strong points in your links, Slate is not a right-wing faction, fer sure....

I think we will just end up disagreeing on the claim re: motivation as purely political racial gerrymandering.
Of course it has always been a consideration in politics as to what a policy, or vote, might impact your ability to maintain power/office, but goodness Jog, it is only a factor, not a sole driving force, or it shouldn't be, but it does appear to be having a greater cause in today's political enviroment, sadly.

As to the Great Society

The Great Society was a set of domestic programs in the United States launched by Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson in 1964–65. The main goal was the elimination of poverty and racial injustice. President Johnson first used the term "Great Society" during a speech at Ohio University, then unveiled the program in greater detail at an appearance at University of Michigan.

New major spending programs that addressed education, medical care, urban problems, rural poverty, and transportation were launched during this period. The program and its initiatives were subsequently promoted by him and fellow Democrats in Congress in the 1960s and years following. The Great Society in scope and sweep resembled the New Deal domestic agenda of Franklin D. Roosevelt.

Some Great Society proposals were stalled initiatives from John F. Kennedy's New Frontier. Johnson's success depended on his skills of persuasion, coupled with the Democratic landslide in the 1964 election that brought in many new liberals to Congress, making the House of Representatives in 1965 the most liberal House since 1938.

Anti-war Democrats complained that spending on the Vietnam War choked off the Great Society. While some of the programs have been eliminated or had their funding reduced, many of them, including Medicare, Medicaid, the Older Americans Act and federal education funding, continue to the present. The Great Society's programs expanded under the administrations of Republican Presidents Richard Nixon and Gerald Ford.

So Jog, I think the intentions were apparent, however, and yes, it could have been some of LBJ's dealings with his his skills of persuasion....
Gave power to Black leaders to bastardize many of the programs good intentions, at a personal profit, personally......
Which led to seeing it never succeeded as intended, so they might continue to enrich themselves off of the program,

It sorta reminds me how some of the early black leaders profited greatly, off the misery of others, like the Kennedy's did off of moonshine.

What did all that money buy them?

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #23 - 04/06/18 at 12:48:44

Funny how this thread turned into a bash session on Johnson, not that he doesn't derserve it, but, not sure that's the original intent of this thread, but who am I to say.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 04/06/18 at 12:52:07

oldNslow wrote on 04/05/18 at 21:04:01:
Quote:
Yes there are many things wrong with the white world and black world, but the wrong things in the white world have power over the black world (right or wrong) in a way that the black world does NOT have power over the white world.

Once in a while the script gets flipped.  Zimbabwe - formerly Rhodesia - at the present time, and, within a few years, South Africa. Somebody's always going to be on top with the power, and somebody's always going to be on the bottom without it.

Now that blacks are running Zimbabwe,things are not pleasant for the few whites that remain. Like they were unpleasant for  blacks there not too long ago. South Africa is going down the same road. The government there has just begun confiscating white owned farms. Soon, if they are not yet doing it officially, they will begin killing the white farmers.

Unfortunately for Zimbabwe,, with blacks running the show, life there actually pretty much sucks for everyone, black or white. It won't take South Africa very long to duplicate that experience.  

There are cities right here in the US where this same pattern has been emerging. DC Baltimore, Detroit, Camden. etc.

Speaking in "broad generalities" of course.

I don't pretend to know WHY things are like they are. But they are like they are.; anecdotes like the one about raydawg's boss notwithstanding And I know who I want running stuff where I live. I'd like for the infrastructure and the civil institutions to remain operational, and I've got a pretty good idea, at least  locally, who can and who cannot be relied upon to accomplish that.

the problem isn't with this observation, probably all relevant and somewhat factual, idk, I'm not going to bother checking up on it either.

But that, if you are attributing the ineptness of these behaviors to the color of their skin without at least a consideration for the environment and culture that created this mess.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #25 - 04/06/18 at 12:58:03

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/06/18 at 12:48:44:
Funny how this thread turned into a bash session on Johnson, not that he doesn't derserve it, but, not sure that's the original intent of this thread, but who am I to say.

Is that a true statement by you....?
Or, you trying a ploy to side step what you really mean?

Seems you answered your question in your very next post:

But that, if you are attributing the ineptness of these behaviors to the color of their skin without at least a consideration for the environment and culture that created this mess.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #26 - 04/06/18 at 15:27:03

Whose Thread
Is it?
I'm sure I can ask for it to be directed more toward the,, Ohhh, you can get it..

IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #27 - 04/06/18 at 15:48:37

Quote:

I am using "black" and "white" as convenient descriptors of groups pf people who come from, and share different environmental and cultural backgrounds. "White" for folks of primarily European descent, and "black" for folks of primarily sub-saharan african decent. I use Asian, Hispanic,  Arab,Native-American, Eskimo, etc., the same way.

The" ineptness" as you put it, of one group compared to another - again speaking in generalities, there are always going to be individual exceptions, with regard to a particular endevor, for example, efficiently running a large city or even a whole country, is not a value judgement, it is a simple, easily observable phenomenon.

All ethnic groups are not the same. Pretending that they are, wishing that they were, trying to arrange things, by law or force , to try make them the same, is simply trying to defy reality. I also happen to believe that "equality under the law" while an admirable goal, doesn't really exist either. Even in this country, where it is supposed to be a fundamental tenet of our system of governance.

Culture and environmental factors do make a difference of course. Which is why some of the black run cities in the US, crappy as they are, are still a heck of a lot better than places like Harare, Nairobi, Luanda, and Mogadishu.

I don't know what LBJ has got to do with any of this either. Is "Texan" a race. Smiley

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #28 - 04/06/18 at 16:04:01

Is "Texan" a race.

Dude, really?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #29 - 04/06/18 at 18:16:45

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/06/18 at 16:04:01:
Is "Texan" a race.

Dude, really?

Yeah, silly rabbit, it is it’s own universe  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:40:17

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › I never really understand the

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.