Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Toward safer schools and a better society. (Read 56 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Toward safer schools and a better society.
04/03/18 at 15:04:57

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Toward safer schools and a better society.
Reply #1 - 04/03/18 at 20:10:26

Its a good idea but of course leave it to Breitbart to leave out the actual legislation.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 04/03/18 at 23:15:02

As long as it gets reversed, it's a good start.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 04/04/18 at 07:35:25

Agreed, but to people that actually want to go out and do something instead of talk and complain the article doesn't help much.

The actual legislation and guidance needs to be referenced when presenting a petition for removal.  I have found that a lot of these articles that intentionally leave out the written legislation do so because what they are saying and what is actually law are different.

I don't think its the case here, but Breitbart is well known for not being accurate in their research, mostly because they don't do research.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 04/04/18 at 09:33:06

Now that the few who are paying attention to the issues that matter, like, say, how it's even Possible for a student to be
Disruptive
Violent
Threatening
And remain IN SCHOOL are aware of the
Insane policy that has been used to such ill effect on our society, we stand a chance to reverse it.
Will they?  I don't know the number of the bill that was so Incredibly Stupid that started this obviously ridiculous policy. I don't care about that. How Anybody could have EVER imagined that ceasing to enforce the most basic rules of decent society in Order to protect people from the legal consequences of bad behavior would Somehow be beneficial to anyone is just magnificently shocking.

These policies must be reversed.

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 04/04/18 at 12:23:10

I guess I don't understand how change is supposed to happen (must be reversed) if you don't even care what the policy is.

Do you mean someone else needs to change it?

Certainly Breitbart isn't concerned about reversal as absolutely no useful information for change was provided.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 04/04/18 at 12:27:54

Sounds like the policies were an attempt to fix some systemic racial issues, but that they had some dire unintended consequences. Unfortunately that happens and seems to have had bad results but further studies should be taken instead of just taking Breitbart's word for it.  

JOG, read this as I agree mostly but...  we should be careful on exactly how and what is done. Also, none of these shooters have been black...  so, let's be careful about what exactly we are reversing, let's make it better, but yes, policies of blanket ignorance of bad behavior aren't a good thing.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 04/04/18 at 14:59:50

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/04/18 at 12:27:54:
"...  we should be careful on exactly how and what is done.  ..."

So Lost, would you say that:
Black and Hispanic students
 can’t be held to the same behavioral standards
      as white and Asian students.

Or would you say:
Black and Hispanic students
  Shood be held to the same behavioral standards
      as white and Asian students.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 04/04/18 at 15:18:54

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/04/18 at 12:27:54:
Sounds like the policies were an attempt to fix some systemic racial issues, but that they had some dire unintended consequences. Unfortunately that happens and seems to have had bad results but further studies should be taken instead of just taking Breitbart's word for it.  

JOG, read this as I agree mostly but...  we should be careful on exactly how and what is done. Also, none of these shooters have been black...  so, let's be careful about what exactly we are reversing, let's make it better, but yes, policies of blanket ignorance of bad behavior aren't a good thing.

First
It's not JUST someone saying something.
The Promise program EXISTS.

The fact that More of Certain Races were finding themselves in legal trouble
COULD have been a racially motivated thing.
But
After the attempt to make the statistics work out more evenly, by ignoring criminal behavior, the people who are not a problem are exposed to a scary environment of idiots with attitudes and a disruptive environment and the Losers who Should have experienced Real Discipline are Robbed of the opportunity to experience the discomfort that motivates CHANGE.
The immediate reaction of
It's because of race
Is OLD.
Do you think that everyone is a racist?
The TEACHERS who are by and large lefties?
Talk to teachers. If you find twenty percent who are anything even close to libertarian or conservative I'll be shocked. Well, at a private school, maybe, but the public system is full of fully indoctrinated people.
You have some exposure to the general attitude of what they are calling college students I'm sure.
Your argument is based on calling teachers, people who are Trying to do a job , helping get our youth launched, racist.
Not buying it.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #9 - 04/04/18 at 15:34:36

I re-read your post.I don't want to retype my whole reply, but probably should. Your points are well made and the response they deserve would be just too full of covering the shades of gray you're pointing out.
I get ya, I think.
And your point that blacks aren't in the mix of shooters is something I've considered and don't understand.
I think we can all agree that the standard of behavior is the same for everyone, or it's unjust.
Today, where the promise program is used, criminal behavior is being swept under the rug.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/01/24 at 15:38:51

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Toward safer schools and a better society.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.