Bias in the News.... (Read 202 times)
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Bias in the News....
Reply #45 - 04/05/18 at 03:56:45

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:25:35:
after decades of hearing conservatives complain about liberal bias in the news....  

Sinclair Media makes journalists read a script, an actual script.

Has there ever been this blatant of a bias shown in the "liberal" media??  

Sure, there's workplace bias, you hire those that tend to agree with you to get a better team dynamic so you are all on the same page and all of that, I'm not denying that. but an actual script?  FORCED by a massive media conglomerate at the threat of your job or massive fines?  

Show me the equivalent in the "liberal media" .  This is straight up propaganda, deny it if you want, and some of you will, but this is textbook, might as well have a staterun media with this crap going on.

Back on topic Lost,  read Biased by Bernard Goldberg

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #46 - 04/05/18 at 09:32:31

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #47 - 04/05/18 at 10:00:33

WebsterMark wrote on 04/05/18 at 03:56:45:
after decades of hearing conservatives complain about liberal bias in the news....  

Sinclair Media makes journalists read a script, an actual script.

Sure, there's workplace bias, you hire those that tend to agree with you to get a better team dynamic so you are all on the same page and all of that, I'm not denying that. but an actual script?  FORCED by a massive media conglomerate at the threat of your job or massive fines?  

Show me the equivalent in the "liberal media" .  This is straight up propaganda, deny it if you want, and some of you will, but this is textbook, might as well have a staterun media with this crap going on.

Back on topic Lost,  read Biased by Bernard Goldberg

Where did I deny that there's liberal bias in the media???  

There's a reason I check a lot of sites before trusting anything specifically, and even then, there's always another side to things.  

I understand media, I have a master's degree in media. I get all of this.

I'll look into the book, maybe it's worth a read, but, not sure I trust you.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #48 - 04/05/18 at 10:35:44

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/05/18 at 09:32:31:

and.....?  

Did any of those stories have far reaching political implications?  Were they bashing other "news" networks as being false and untrustworthy?  

Those were all fluff/filler news pieces. I'm not against a corporation using smart use of their resources (script writers) to produce generally benign content that appeals to the their viewer.

But you'll notice how in NONE of those scripts did they declare themselves to be independent, fact checking journalists worthy of your trust, while they all read the exact same script that they were forced to read without doing their own independent fact checking or any journalism at all.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #49 - 04/05/18 at 12:37:21

I know how distressing it's been for so many people to have this Sinclair bunch all saying what they want everyone to believe about the honesty of their journalism. That they are claiming to Be the High Road writ large just sticks in everyone's craw. Gotchya..
I'm just pointing out the obvious.
They don't have to be much to be better.
They can be the very best, with ease.
The New Golden Boy, Tucker Carlson?
I heard about him.
I decided to see for myself.
Phhht..
He completely failed to say things that I knew about and failed to ask obviously important questions.
Just more
Controlled Opposition.

Until someone shows me a reason to laugh at Sinclair, I'll accept them, and IF I ever see anything from them, I'll be just as skeptical about it as I am about every other alleged journalism that is mass produced. It's so hard to pull the Bullshit from the real it's not worth it.

Screw Fox and CNN and all of them.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Andy RN

Eugene, OR
Reply #50 - 04/05/18 at 14:32:30

Sure there has. There's bias in every media, whether it's right or left leaning. I read a couple of different sources, and I don't take any of them too seriously.

US Navy (99-03). Novice, self-taught mechanic. 2003 Savage with 44k miles. 2015 S-40 with 5k miles.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #51 - 04/05/18 at 14:47:41

Andy RN wrote on 04/05/18 at 14:32:30:

Sure there has. There's bias in every media, whether it's right or left leaning. I read a couple of different sources, and I don't take any of them too seriously.

I'm looking for a specific script that has bashed the right wing media as this script has bashed the "liberal" media, and liberal is in quotes because really it's bashing any station that's not owned by Sinclair.

IP Logged
Andy RN

Eugene, OR
Reply #52 - 04/05/18 at 15:27:44

Sorry, I don't study bias in the news THAT closely, such that I can furnish a specific example of a script used by left-leaning media. I do seem to remember some allegations of scripted questioning done by CNN following that recent school shooting in FL, however I think I also read articles contesting those allegations. Too much of a drama show for me to follow.

If you are really into researching this, I would send an email to some of the people at the right-leaning media outlets. They would probably be able to provide you with a specific example. Cheers.

US Navy (99-03). Novice, self-taught mechanic. 2003 Savage with 44k miles. 2015 S-40 with 5k miles.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:26:27

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bias in the News....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.