Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Bias in the News.... (Read 202 times)
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Bias in the News....
Reply #15 - 04/03/18 at 11:41:42

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/03/18 at 10:16:57:
Yes, yes, it's terrible to have everyone state that their goals are straight coverage, neither left nor right, but honest coverage.

Shameful,, truly shameful.

when they are lying about it, it is.  

Sinclair is not a straight coverage organization.

otherwise they would have instructed their tv personalities to say, "We, a Sinclair Broadcasting Group station, .... blah blah blah"  the company itself would have made an announcement instead of disguising it as some local news reporters opinion/statement/journalistic piece.

they didn't have them say that, they had them pretend it was an eye-opening announcement that added value to their individual stations, they hit all the trigger words conservatives are orgasming over these days, "false news narratives being repeated without checking the facts"  while they are FORCING their own reporters to REPEAT an exact script without those reporters actually check that statement for validity.

remember when I complained about talking to a wall here. THIS IS WHY.  You all complained about the "liberal media" when they were sucking up to Obama, but now that a conservative media IS DOING THE EXACT SAME THING TO TRUMP, distributing Trump's "evil media/fake news" message, you are all fine with it.  

whatever, waste of my time trying to get through to you all.  

especially you Ray, open-minded idiot you claim yourself to be.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 04/03/18 at 11:48:01

raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 10:13:29:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:45:41:
raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:40:27:
Go have fun, you might learn something, but again, to learn means to question your beliefs, not too many open minded liberals can do that.

I'll address the rest of your post later, but I'd dare say that even FEWER close-minded conservatives do that.

the first thing you did was attack. You didn't question your dear beliefs that liberal media might not be all that evil as you think they are, and here you are making an equivalence argument, which yes, I asked for but even if I didn't I bet you'd have pulled this out anyway.  

Look, you come here with this post, feigning intellectual integrity and honesty, and all you do is posed questions that you answer....

It's like saying prove to me you don't beat your wife.

Play a victim, that is on you, call it attacking, that is on you....

Just go play, pretend, that will solve the issues in front of us, or post bunny rabbits and presidents, whatever....

you assume to much little grasshopper

you are playing the straw-man game, you and JOG do it so well, you assume I'm this, and then you build up your argument based on me being this straw-man thing you've created,

I agreed with your post, all those things Obama did to the media, making it tough for them to cover him and all that, that was bad.

This Sinclair thing, trying to fool conservative viewers or just viewers of it's stations in general that they are somehow not participating in repeating fake news while they all repeat the same thing un-fact checked and under threat of loosing their jobs...   That's bad too.  

there can never be an honest conversation until we quit assuming the worst of each other and actually listen.

It doesn't seem like any conservative brain trusts on here actually want to do that, they want to use whatever is posted to spew their narrative about the EVIL Liberals and leftists... while ignoring the evil that's done in conservativism's name.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 04/03/18 at 11:48:40

MnSpring wrote on 04/03/18 at 10:31:50:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:25:35:
after decades of hearing conservatives complain about liberal bias in the news....  ..."

WOW, the one who complains, ALL THE  TIME,
about,  “What About Isim”

Post’s a, Whatboutism.

“…Show me the equivalent in the “liberal media” …”

Well, not, reading a written script.
 But, following a,  ’Scripted’, Outline.
I believe is most certainly the, ‘Equivalent’.
And that is very prevalent in the likes of,
Chicken Noodle News.

Then their is the, REFUSAL, of a persons Voice.
if it is NOT the ‘Approved’, ’Scripted outline’.
(Recently in the case of a FL, Father & Brother)
I don’t think that is, ‘Equivalent'.
  It is just plan old  LYING,
     to make people FEAR.

(Or if one wants to be PC  Correct,  Bigoted)

blah blah blah,

blah

blah blah

blah blah blah blah blah

blah

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #18 - 04/03/18 at 11:50:59

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/03/18 at 10:45:34:
Once again,
HERE'S what the Exploding Head
Butthurt Militia are freaking out about.

Can you please READ this?
Then, Ohhh, Do Tell me what you see to complain about?

Our greatest responsibility is to serve our Northwest communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that KOMO News produces. But we’re concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

More alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories … stories that just aren’t true, without checking facts first. Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control ‘exactly what people think.' This is extremely dangerous to a democracy.

At KOMO it’s our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically ‘left nor right.’ Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

But we are human and sometimes our reporting might fall short. If you believe our coverage is unfair please reach out to us by going to KOMOnews.com and clicking on CONTENT CONCERNS. We value your comments. We will respond back to you.

We work very hard to seek the truth and strive to be fair, balanced and factual… We consider it our honor, our privilege to responsibly deliver the news every day.

Thank you for watching and we appreciate your feedback.

they are saying this WHILE DOING THE EXACT SAME THING THEY ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT!!!!!!  

if you can't see that, then I can't help you, maybe you should add Lost to your name, cause you truly are

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 04/03/18 at 11:54:07

Also this is like 4 on 1 here, you all feel like tough guys don't ya, all you sweeties  Kiss

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 04/03/18 at 12:04:21

raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 10:13:29:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:45:41:
raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:40:27:
Go have fun, you might learn something, but again, to learn means to question your beliefs, not too many open minded liberals can do that.

I'll address the rest of your post later, but I'd dare say that even FEWER close-minded conservatives do that.

the first thing you did was attack. You didn't question your dear beliefs that liberal media might not be all that evil as you think they are, and here you are making an equivalence argument, which yes, I asked for but even if I didn't I bet you'd have pulled this out anyway.  

Look, you come here with this post, feigning intellectual integrity and honesty, and all you do is posed questions that you answer....

It's like saying prove to me you don't beat your wife.

Play a victim, that is on you, call it attacking, that is on you....

Just go play, pretend, that will solve the issues in front of us, or post bunny rabbits and presidents, whatever....

LMAO!!  Really ray??  "Just go play"??  Once again, your hypocrisy shows.

WTF do YOU do here?  Have you actually ever read any of your own posts??

Wow, what a joke.

Hey, here's an idea:
Why not take a look at what sinclair does?  Look at its "must-run" packages that they put together outside of the station producers.  Look at one of the other must-runs - "bottom line with boris" commentary.

But no - you just want to go play...

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #21 - 04/03/18 at 12:04:30

Once again,

Our greatest responsibility is to serve our Northwest communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that KOMO News produces. But we’re concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

More alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories … stories that just aren’t true, without checking facts first. Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control ‘exactly what people think.' This is extremely dangerous to a democracy.

At KOMO it’s our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically ‘left nor right.’ Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

But we are human and sometimes our reporting might fall short. If you believe our coverage is unfair please reach out to us by going to KOMOnews.com and clicking on CONTENT CONCERNS. We value your comments. We will respond back to you.

We work very hard to seek the truth and strive to be fair, balanced and factual… We consider it our honor, our privilege to responsibly deliver the news every day.

Oh, and if it had read like this:

WE AT KOMO, A SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP STATION, feel it's

Our greatest responsibility is to serve our "fill in the bank here" communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP produces. But we’re concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

At SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP it’s our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically ‘left nor right.’ Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

But we are human and sometimes our reporting might fall short. If you believe our coverage is unfair please reach out to us by going to KOMOnews.com A SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP STATION and clicking on CONTENT CONCERNS. We value your comments. We will respond back to you.

then there'd be less bother about this all, CAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE TRUTH IN MEDIA LOOKS LIKE.

Sinclair didn't take responsibility or ownership of this originally, they wanted to fool us all into thinking that their stations actually have autonomy while controlling EXACTLY what they say.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 04/03/18 at 12:06:56

Yeah, nothing says free and independent news media like a bunch of drones reading the same exact message.

Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #23 - 04/03/18 at 12:15:33

T And T Garage wrote on 04/03/18 at 12:06:56:
Yeah, nothing says free and independent news media like a bunch of drones reading the same exact message.

Hmmmm,
 Would that be Just Like,
 CNN and the Like ?????

(Oh Wait, can’t say that, cause lost, will yell, whatabgoutism)

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin  

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #24 - 04/03/18 at 12:21:05

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 12:04:30:
Once again,

Oh, and if it had read like this:

WE AT KOMO, A SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP STATION, feel it's

Our greatest responsibility is to serve our "fill in the bank here" communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP produces. But we’re concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

At SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP it’s our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically ‘left nor right.’ Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

But we are human and sometimes our reporting might fall short. If you believe our coverage is unfair please reach out to us by going to KOMOnews.com A SINCLAIR BROADCAST GROUP STATION and clicking on CONTENT CONCERNS. We value your comments. We will respond back to you.

then there'd be less bother about this all, CAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE TRUTH IN MEDIA LOOKS LIKE.

Sinclair didn't take responsibility or ownership of this originally, they wanted to fool us all into thinking that their stations actually have autonomy while controlling EXACTLY what they say.

Game.  Set.  Match to Lost.

Well put.

All you cons need to read this line again:

"then there'd be less bother about this all, CAUSE THAT'S WHAT THE TRUTH IN MEDIA LOOKS LIKE. "

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #25 - 04/03/18 at 12:35:17

MnSpring wrote on 04/03/18 at 12:15:33:
T And T Garage wrote on 04/03/18 at 12:06:56:

Hmmmm,
 Would that be Just Like,
 CNN and the Like ?????

(Oh Wait, can’t say that, cause lost, will yell, whatabgoutism)

Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin   Grin  

for once that's not a whataboutism --- which shows how you don't even realize what you're  doing half the time, but alas, back to the point.

And no, covering the same story is different than reading the exact same words/script over and over again.

Also, what do you mean by "and the like" ?  

CNN competes with MSNBC, which competes with NBC which competes with MSN, which competes with CBS, which competes with Fox News, which competes with.. etc....

so one company can't actually force them to read the same exact thing over and over again to spread that propaganda.

now does "group think" take place, sometimes yeah, cause yes, like minds to think alike, so yes, there is a liberal bias in that way, and the intensity of the varies based on the company...

Imagine, I"m sure you have already, but imagine if this came out and it was "CNN and the like" and it was George Soros who wrote the script and that script repeated a lot of what Obama was saying about conservatives at the time.  

That's more like what this is like.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #26 - 04/03/18 at 13:35:27

Fools.....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 04/03/18 at 13:39:53

raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 13:35:27:
Fools.....

Ignorant.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #28 - 04/03/18 at 13:46:32

raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 13:35:27:
Fools.....

I get it man.  You say all "news" should be viewed with skepticism, I provide an example and you freak out like I'm poking you in the eye or something...

I don't get you.  

you just want yourself to be right all the time and get kudos for everything you say, but you are actively being a hypocrite about it.

I know how news works, I provide an example of it here working badly, against those that consume it, and you act like a child saying "I know you are but what am I?"  

I'm not saying you're wrong about how news works, I'm saying it SHOULDN'T work like that, and you seem to agree because you yell about it too, but then you say "go play" so only you can yell about how the news is being abused by those in power?  

I guess your point is "nothing new here, move along."  

head in the sand seems to be as good to you as eyes wide open.

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #29 - 04/03/18 at 13:53:18

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 13:46:32:
"... you just want yourself to be right all the time and get kudos for everything you say, but you are actively being a hypocrite about it. ..."

Gee, that sounds like a  Description,
               of a, Troll

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 07:29:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bias in the News....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.