Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Bias in the News.... (Read 202 times)
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Bias in the News....
04/03/18 at 09:25:35

after decades of hearing conservatives complain about liberal bias in the news....  

Sinclair Media makes journalists read a script, an actual script.

Has there ever been this blatant of a bias shown in the "liberal" media??  

Sure, there's workplace bias, you hire those that tend to agree with you to get a better team dynamic so you are all on the same page and all of that, I'm not denying that. but an actual script?  FORCED by a massive media conglomerate at the threat of your job or massive fines?  

Show me the equivalent in the "liberal media" .  This is straight up propaganda, deny it if you want, and some of you will, but this is textbook, might as well have a staterun media with this crap going on.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Bias in the News....
Reply #1 - 04/03/18 at 09:29:09

puppet

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 04/03/18 at 09:30:39

A big part of the problem here in the US is the consumer and what they choose to listen to.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 04/03/18 at 09:35:20

raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:29:09:
puppet

yes, Sinclair has made their "journalists" into puppets

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 04/03/18 at 09:36:15

Eegore wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:30:39:
 A big part of the problem here in the US is the consumer and what they choose to listen to.

no consumer chose to listen to this script, it was forced upon them by the corporation trying to suck up to Trump

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 04/03/18 at 09:37:54

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:35:20:
raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:29:09:
puppet

yes, Sinclair has made their "journalists" into puppets

They are ALL puppets, some  folk just choose to believe THEIR puppet master.

I call them dupes, or botheads, idiots, ducks, fools.

You are free to believe whatever floats your boat, even if its dry-docked.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 04/03/18 at 09:40:27

Here, just in case you ignored this:

Been reading up on Chappaquiddick, wow, 1969 seem seems like another life time ago.....HECK, IT WAS  Grin
Well, I am hearing the movie gets down to the facts, only been a few decades, haha.
Reading some of the old reports, mercy, the Kennedy's were the ultimate White privileged family.
Anybody else would have been in jail.

Anyway, looking back at history, and then today, it sure is funny to see how journalism has changed, talk about a leaf blowing in the wind.
I guess it all depends on who is blowing WHAT, up your azz, that predicates which direction you blow.....

Look at this story, this just a few years ago.

My, my, my..... how quickly we rewrite history.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/29/obama-media/

Check out this quote from the story:

The “free media” comment seemed to be a direct reference to a recent estimate by the New York Times that suggested Donald Trump has gotten the equivalent of almost $2 billion in media coverage since his campaign began. So perhaps the President agrees with those who argue that the news media has helped create the phenomenon that is Donald Trump.

You think that came at the cost of hoping he gets elected, or in hoping he knocks any REAL republican candidate(s) out of the running and insuring a Clinton victory?????

Or here:

As investigative reporter John Russell pointed out in a response to the President’s criticisms on Twitter, the Obama administration holds the record for denying or withholding the largest amount of Freedom of Information requests. How is that helping the news media to “dig deeper” or “demand more” accountability? Former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson has said the Obama government is “the most secretive White House I have ever been involved in covering.”

Say it ain't so CNN, my gawd, NOOoooooooooooooo.......Obama on Twitter, er I mean, Tweeter, er....he was so cool tho, even in if he was not being honest.

Go have fun, you might learn something, but again, to learn means to question your beliefs, not too many open minded liberals can do that.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 04/03/18 at 09:45:41

raydawg wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:40:27:
Go have fun, you might learn something, but again, to learn means to question your beliefs, not too many open minded liberals can do that.

I'll address the rest of your post later, but I'd dare say that even FEWER close-minded conservatives do that.

the first thing you did was attack. You didn't question your dear beliefs that liberal media might not be all that evil as you think they are, and here you are making an equivalence argument, which yes, I asked for but even if I didn't I bet you'd have pulled this out anyway.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 04/03/18 at 09:55:13

Here, just in case you ignored this:

Been reading up on Chappaquiddick, wow, 1969 seem seems like another life time ago.....HECK, IT WAS  Grin
Well, I am hearing the movie gets down to the facts, only been a few decades, haha.
Reading some of the old reports, mercy, the Kennedy's were the ultimate White privileged family.
Anybody else would have been in jail.

Anyway, looking back at history, and then today, it sure is funny to see how journalism has changed, talk about a leaf blowing in the wind.
I guess it all depends on who is blowing WHAT, up your azz, that predicates which direction you blow.....

Look at this story, this just a few years ago.

My, my, my..... how quickly we rewrite history.

http://fortune.com/2016/03/29/obama-media/

Check out this quote from the story:

The “free media” comment seemed to be a direct reference to a recent estimate by the New York Times that suggested Donald Trump has gotten the equivalent of almost $2 billion in media coverage since his campaign began. So perhaps the President agrees with those who argue that the news media has helped create the phenomenon that is Donald Trump.

You think that came at the cost of hoping he gets elected, or in hoping he knocks any REAL republican candidate(s) out of the running and insuring a Clinton victory?????

Or here:

As investigative reporter John Russell pointed out in a response to the President’s criticisms on Twitter, the Obama administration holds the record for denying or withholding the largest amount of Freedom of Information requests. How is that helping the news media to “dig deeper” or “demand more” accountability? Former New York Times executive editor Jill Abramson has said the Obama government is “the most secretive White House I have ever been involved in covering.”

Say it ain't so CNN, my gawd, NOOoooooooooooooo.......Obama on Twitter, er I mean, Tweeter, er....he was so cool tho, even in if he was not being honest.

okay, looked into it a bit, and ...

what does this story, which is about the elusive Obama transparency - meaning that the Obama administration wasn't very open with the media, how does that relate to a media conglomerate forcing their "local" reporters and tv personalities to read an EXACT script to push their message out?  I'm not seeing the connection, one is about a media conglomerate trying to curry favor with the current administration, (who is already a fan) to get favors, while the other is about the difficulty of access to a previous administration. Neither are good, but they are different.

This isn't about the use of social media by presidents to shut out traditional media either.

Yes, they are two wrongs, but not even close to being the same thing, like saying the grass is brown here then you saying the grass is black here --- okay, but what does one have to do with the other? Don't answer that because you can't, trust me, you're wrong on this, I agree, both are bad things, but they aren't related.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 04/03/18 at 10:13:29

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:45:41:

I'll address the rest of your post later, but I'd dare say that even FEWER close-minded conservatives do that.

the first thing you did was attack. You didn't question your dear beliefs that liberal media might not be all that evil as you think they are, and here you are making an equivalence argument, which yes, I asked for but even if I didn't I bet you'd have pulled this out anyway.  

Look, you come here with this post, feigning intellectual integrity and honesty, and all you do is posed questions that you answer....

It's like saying prove to me you don't beat your wife.

Play a victim, that is on you, call it attacking, that is on you....

Just go play, pretend, that will solve the issues in front of us, or post bunny rabbits and presidents, whatever....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #10 - 04/03/18 at 10:16:57

Yes, yes, it's terrible to have everyone state that their goals are straight coverage, neither left nor right, but honest coverage.

Shameful,, truly shameful.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 04/03/18 at 10:25:56

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 04/03/18 at 10:16:57:
Yes, yes, it's terrible to have everyone state that their goals are straight coverage, neither left nor right, but honest coverage.

Shameful,, truly shameful.

Gawd, will they just toss him out of office already, what is taking so long....
I thought I read months ago tweeter was toast, geez....

Can't we get on with life  Grin

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #12 - 04/03/18 at 10:31:50

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 04/03/18 at 09:25:35:
after decades of hearing conservatives complain about liberal bias in the news....  ..."

WOW, the one who complains, ALL THE  TIME,
about,  “What About Isim”

Post’s a, Whatboutism.

“…Show me the equivalent in the “liberal media” …”

Well, not, reading a written script.
 But, following a,  ’Scripted’, Outline.
I believe is most certainly the, ‘Equivalent’.
And that is very prevalent in the likes of,
Chicken Noodle News.

Then their is the, REFUSAL, of a persons Voice.
if it is NOT the ‘Approved’, ’Scripted outline’.
(Recently in the case of a FL, Father & Brother)
I don’t think that is, ‘Equivalent'.
  It is just plan old  LYING,
     to make people FEAR.

(Or if one wants to be PC  Correct,  Bigoted)

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #13 - 04/03/18 at 10:45:34

Once again,
HERE'S what the Exploding Head
Butthurt Militia are freaking out about.

Can you please READ this?
Then, Ohhh, Do Tell me what you see to complain about?

Our greatest responsibility is to serve our Northwest communities. We are extremely proud of the quality, balanced journalism that KOMO News produces. But we’re concerned about the troubling trend of irresponsible, one sided news stories plaguing our country. The sharing of biased and false news has become all too common on social media.

More alarming, some media outlets publish these same fake stories … stories that just aren’t true, without checking facts first. Unfortunately, some members of the media use their platforms to push their own personal bias and agenda to control ‘exactly what people think.' This is extremely dangerous to a democracy.

At KOMO it’s our responsibility to pursue and report the truth. We understand Truth is neither politically ‘left nor right.’ Our commitment to factual reporting is the foundation of our credibility, now more than ever.

But we are human and sometimes our reporting might fall short. If you believe our coverage is unfair please reach out to us by going to KOMOnews.com and clicking on CONTENT CONCERNS. We value your comments. We will respond back to you.

We work very hard to seek the truth and strive to be fair, balanced and factual… We consider it our honor, our privilege to responsibly deliver the news every day.

Thank you for watching and we appreciate your feedback.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 04/03/18 at 11:28:48

KOMO is my local news, and by no stretch of the imagination is it a conservative news outlet.
It wouldn't survive here, period.
Because of the very liberal King County, it markets the news accordingly.

Again, go back and look how journalism and coverage has morphed into the entertainment industry, academia, and even private enterprises with boycotts and stories of cops not welcomed at donuts shops, etc....

I showed just one link, above, there are 1000's, yet folks want to be led by those that stroke their little herd mentality and ego.....
And fault the opposition fringe on the other side of the coin....

They do not get it, or maybe they do, and can't accept it, but they are the fools they hate.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 05:24:08

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Bias in the News....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.