raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
The beast lit.....
03/30/18 at 12:42:28

She needs a new battery I think.
I charged the one on her, checked her voltage, but when i turned the key....
Not enuff to get her rolling.
Jumped her with a extra 12 volt I keep for the boat.
She woke up with barely a crank.
Gonna clean her up and kiss her goodbye.
She did all I ever asked her to do.
I have no complaints, I’ll miss her back talk 😜

You guys were always very helpful, a very active site, and I really enjoyed and appreciated your company.

Not sure how soon, but I will be a, FSO  Grin

Good luck, and safe rides, to all you who were part of this experience  Smiley

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: The beast lit.....
Reply #1 - 03/30/18 at 17:49:13

What happened ?
Selling ?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 03/30/18 at 18:36:51

LANCER wrote on 03/30/18 at 17:49:13:
What happened ?
Selling ?

Yeah, my wife worries when I ride.

Every year on the island riders and deer, and death.

I will be working on island again in a few months, so no more ferry, YES!!!!

Just don't need it.

I use the boat more  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Papa Bear

Canada ... near the Motor City
Reply #3 - 03/31/18 at 05:53:14

Good luck to you Dawg  Wink

2011 Fox Orange S40 SOLD

Check out http://www.hogsforhospice.com/
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 03/31/18 at 07:15:28

It is good that you can accept (welcome) change, and are not so stuck on riding that you can go against your wife's wishes.

You and I ride for different reasons......for you it was a way to cut a couple hours off your commute, and you would ride rain/shine/snow.  I am a fair weather rider and don't get on the bike when temps are below 50....or if rain is strongly in the forecast.  My wife is OK with my riding - and will go with me as long as I have a bike that has a comfortable back seat and it is not too cold (I also have to go places where she can hike and shop and sight see).

You and I are both entering a new chapter in our lives - I am excited by the potential freedom that is available when I am no longer chained to my desk day after day.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 03/31/18 at 08:58:00

Papa Bear wrote on 03/31/18 at 05:53:14:
Good luck to you Dawg  Wink

Thank you kind Sir, and I wish to you the same my friend!

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 03/31/18 at 09:20:08

Dave wrote on 03/31/18 at 07:15:28:
It is good that you can accept (welcome) change, and are not so stuck on riding that you can go against your wife's wishes.

You and I ride for different reasons......for you it was a way to cut a couple hours off your commute, and you would ride rain/shine/snow.  I am a fair weather rider and don't get on the bike when temps are below 50....or if rain is strongly in the forecast.  My wife is OK with my riding - and will go with me as long as I have a bike that has a comfortable back seat and it is not too cold (I also have to go places where she can hike and shop and sight see).

You and I are both entering a new chapter in our lives - I am excited by the potential freedom that is available when I am no longer chained to my desk day after day.

Yes Dave, you are so right, a new chapter.

If I reflect back on days gone by, chapters closed.....
I can't help but think the "good old days are gone," even with with The Don and MAGA....... won't change it  Wink

However, it is folly, in looking back, why?

Yeah, its fun, sorta like going into the Tall Table and smacking around dupes....not very sustaining, or productive.

I believe with this new opportunity offered to me, to stay on the island and work at my own pace, really is a blessing.
I feel I can "ease" into the mindset, AND, uncertainties, of that new chapter...

If I feel like I am trying to straddle two different ways of life, I will tackle that once armed with more knowledge of the present moment.

I believe having a younger wife, it makes sense to wait and live a NEW chapter together, when she can join in accordingly.
Also, living in paradise, already, I am fortunate that I don't have to move to it  Wink

Buddy, I wish you the best in your new chapter of life too.....
I hope the labor will be well worth the results that come your way.
You have been such a big help in my Savage chapter......and the gal still has your belt pulling her to this day, oh, that was a fun one!  Grin

I like riding, but you are right, it was a means, more than a love, like you....
That first love is at the helm of my boat, running into the wind, the salt air and mist, adding much to the pleasure of being a free spirit.....
I would rather tinker on my boat, than my bike...

Hey, you double up, ride out, we'll share a chapter, someday  Wink

Thanks, and be well....  

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/28/24 at 01:15:52

General CategoryThe Cafe › The beast lit.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.