raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
It’s draining......
03/28/18 at 14:56:11

But not as we might think it should.

Love this quote I got from the LA Times....

When 67 percent of the U.S. population gets its news from social media and from tech companies, they literally are deciding what our sense of reality is.

Aza Raskin

This observation would never had been posted if Hillary had won.
Facebook would still be practicing the same behavior that was a gift to Obama.

It’s draining folks as the deceit and dishonesty devours itself.

But let’s keep on focus on the Storm, let them pay her to titilate, and they won’t even see the real storm a sweeping across the plains of Deplorableville  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: It’s draining......
Reply #1 - 03/28/18 at 15:26:32

raydawg wrote on 03/28/18 at 14:56:11:

When 67 percent of the U.S. population gets its news from social media and from tech companies, they literally are deciding what our sense of reality is.

Aza Raskin

How do you figure?  You have some crystal ball?

So you still haven't learned that what Cambridge Analytica did was different (read - misleading, borderline illegal) than what the Obama campaign did. Nice.

Yeah, you're right.  The president is leading from his porcelain thrown via twitter...LOL

But let’s keep on focus on the Storm, let them pay her to titilate, and they won’t even see the real storm a sweeping across the plains of Deplorableville  Grin

Spelling aside, you're the only one bringing up the "Storm" lately....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #2 - 03/28/18 at 15:52:05

T And T Garage wrote on 03/28/18 at 15:26:32:
" ...  The president is leading from his porcelain thrown via twitter...

What’s that word ?
"...porcelain thrown..."
   Is it a, ‘Spelling’,  Error ?????
Does someone need to learn how to, ‘Proof Read’, ?

Gosh, is their someone to correct the,
   spelling here ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 03/28/18 at 15:56:15

How do you figure?  You have some crystal ball

Oh no, I have the Internet too.....

Yawn, I can win you in my sleep....

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 03/29/18 at 07:55:06

So you still haven't learned that what Cambridge Analytica did was different (read - misleading, borderline illegal) than what the Obama campaign did. Nice.

Since you're portraying yourself as someone in the know...
What did Obama do exactly and what did CA do?

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/29/18 at 09:08:40

verslagen1 wrote on 03/29/18 at 07:55:06:

Since you're portraying yourself as someone in the know...
What did Obama do exactly and what did CA do?

It's not so much what they did necessarily - it's the time at which they did it.

By the time our current president's campaign came around, the terms and conditions had changed and how information was mined was regulated differently.

CA deliberately concealed its techniques while the Obama campaign was transparent.  Basically, Obama's folks had consent from the users, CA didn't.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 03/29/18 at 09:09:44

raydawg wrote on 03/28/18 at 15:56:15:
How do you figure?  You have some crystal ball

Oh no, I have the Internet too.....

Yawn, I can win you in my sleep....

Wait, you mean you think the internet can tell the future?

Wow ray - I've got some ocean front property in Montana I'd like to sell you!

Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/29/18 at 09:11:19

Aza Raskin

How do you figure?  You have some crystal ball?

Yeah, you're right.  The president is leading from his porcelain thrown via twitter...LOL

Spelling aside, you're the only one bringing up the "Storm" lately....

Oops - spelling mistake.

Throne, not thrown...

I should proofread more.   Shocked

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #8 - 03/29/18 at 09:42:10

I should proofread more.
Why, its not your reading, its your reasoning......
That is all messed up.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 03/29/18 at 11:03:09

raydawg wrote on 03/29/18 at 09:42:10:
I should proofread more.
Why, its not your reading, its your reasoning......
That is all messed up.

No ray, I am of sound mind and body.

Now, I wouldn't say that your reasoning is messed up - I'd never say that.
You simply have no reasoning.   Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 03/29/18 at 11:17:42

JV team....

I gotta go where I can least get some kinda work out....  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #11 - 03/29/18 at 11:48:00

T And T Garage wrote on 03/29/18 at 09:08:40:
It's not so much what they did necessarily - it's the time at which they did it.

By the time our current president's campaign came around, the terms and conditions had changed and how information was mined was regulated differently.

CA deliberately concealed its techniques while the Obama campaign was transparent.  Basically, Obama's folks had consent from the users, CA didn't.

you're pretty much deluded.
Quote:
The Obama campaign created a Facebook app for supporters to donate, learn of voting requirements, and find nearby houses to canvass. The app asked users’ permission to scan their photos, friends lists, and news feeds. Most users complied.

The people signing up knew the data they were handing over would be used to support a political campaign. Their friends, however, did not.

The people who downloaded the app used by Cambridge Analytica did not know their data would be used to aid any political campaigns. The app was billed as a personality quiz that would be used by Cambridge University researchers.

Aleksandr Kogan, one of the Cambridge researchers involved in the project, sold the data to the upstart political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica. The company then sold its services not only to the Trump campaign, but to the presidential campaign of Sen. Ted Cruz and the senatorial campaign of Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., among others.

Your contention that the Obama app is ok because their app required full buyin vs. trumps app did not.
But in both cases, friends were scanned whether they permitted or not.
And Obama app was directly associated with Obama whereas Trump app was not.

Quote:
Facebook friends lists, tags and photos allowed Obama operatives to identify a person’s close friends, which they then matched with offline public records. (Was this person likely to vote for Obama, but unlikely to get out to vote?) They then told the app users which of their friends they should send campaign messages to.

Cambridge Analytica dialed up what Karpf called the creepiness factor. They combined the survey results with the Facebook data to create psychological profiles they then sold to campaigns. The idea was, if the firm could discover how these people thought, they could target ads toward them.

They then sent targeted ads to the users on the database. The friends of the app users weren’t being targeted by their friends, but by the campaign itself. In other words, the consenting middle man was gone.

Yet in the application of the data Obamas use of coercion of friends by friends is pretty creepy.
Vs trumps ads direct to friends which is no worse than facebook ads.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 03/29/18 at 11:55:50

verslagen1 wrote on 03/29/18 at 11:48:00:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/29/18 at 09:08:40:

you're pretty much deluded.
Quote:
The Obama campaign created a Facebook app for supporters to donate, learn of voting requirements, and find nearby houses to canvass. The app asked users’ permission to scan their photos, friends lists, and news feeds. Most users complied.

The people signing up knew the data they were handing over would be used to support a political campaign. Their friends, however, did not.

The people who downloaded the app used by Cambridge Analytica did not know their data would be used to aid any political campaigns. The app was billed as a personality quiz that would be used by Cambridge University researchers.

Aleksandr Kogan, one of the Cambridge researchers involved in the project, sold the data to the upstart political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica. The company then sold its services not only to the Trump campaign, but to the presidential campaign of Sen. Ted Cruz and the senatorial campaign of Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C., among others.

Your contention that the Obama app is ok because their app required full buyin vs. trumps app did not.
But in both cases, friends were scanned whether they permitted or not.
And Obama app was directly associated with Obama whereas Trump app was not.

Yeah, but you seem to miss the fact that from 2007 to 2016, things changed... duh!

"By the time our current president's campaign came around, the terms and conditions had changed and how information was mined was regulated differently."

Quote:
Facebook friends lists, tags and photos allowed Obama operatives to identify a person’s close friends, which they then matched with offline public records. (Was this person likely to vote for Obama, but unlikely to get out to vote?) They then told the app users which of their friends they should send campaign messages to.

Cambridge Analytica dialed up what Karpf called the creepiness factor. They combined the survey results with the Facebook data to create psychological profiles they then sold to campaigns. The idea was, if the firm could discover how these people thought, they could target ads toward them.

They then sent targeted ads to the users on the database. The friends of the app users weren’t being targeted by their friends, but by the campaign itself. In other words, the consenting middle man was gone.

Yet in the application of the data Obamas use of coercion of friends by friends is pretty creepy.
Vs trumps ads direct to friends which is no worse than facebook ads.

Talk about deluded - do you know how time works?  Did you know that the rights management and privacy restrictions are now different than they were in 2012?

How are you missing that?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 03/29/18 at 14:24:13

Yeah.... they use to stone hookers to death, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?????

Now, they herald them with morality and virtue spokes peeps.  Grin

GAWD, I am going to pee my pants if I keep reading his rants of reasons  Grin Grin Grin Grin Kiss

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/29/18 at 15:17:00

raydawg wrote on 03/29/18 at 14:24:13:
Yeah.... they use to stone hookers to death, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?????

Now, they herald them with morality and virtue spokes peeps.  Grin

GAWD, I am going to pee my pants if I keep reading his rants of reasons  Grin Grin Grin Grin Kiss

What's funny about how Facebook changed its privacy policy?  Did you miss the part where I called out that the Obama campaign could not do today, what it did in 2012?
(why do I ask? I know that you missed it - ignorance is your forte after all)

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 12:30:11

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › It’s draining......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.