raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Good or bad?
03/27/18 at 18:23:43

Your thoughts?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/03/27/kim-jong-un-meets-with-chinese-leader...

I’m thinking for the people of N.K.
It could be a good thing.

It could also be a financial boon in Asia.

I’m not seeing it as a threat.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: Good or bad?
Reply #1 - 03/27/18 at 20:56:02

About dang time

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 03/27/18 at 21:09:51

Gee thanks for the reply.....
I thought for a moment I would have to post about Stormy to get any action on this board  Grin

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 03/28/18 at 06:10:18

raydawg wrote on 03/27/18 at 21:09:51:
Gee thanks for the reply.....
I thought for a moment I would have to post about Stormy to get any action on this board  Grin

Please everyone - respond to ray as soon as possible!  He's very lonely.

Grin

But seriously - the meeting with NK & China - well, China has the second largest economy and kim jong's country is in desperate need...  I'm sure everything is going to be just fine..... and I'm sure that our president will treat "rocket man" with respect and China (“attempting to erode American security and prosperity” ) the same....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 03/28/18 at 08:21:35

So you welcome the tariffs, etc?

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 03/28/18 at 11:46:13

raydawg wrote on 03/28/18 at 08:21:35:
So you welcome the tariffs, etc?

Not sure what that has to do with NK meeting with China, but..

I'm not completely opposed to tariffs - but the half-cocked way our president went about making the announcement sent an unnecessary tremor through the markets.

Once again, if it was anyone else but our idiot of a president in charge, I'd be much more optimistic about the success of trade negotiations and overall diplomacy in Asia.  But once a tweeter, always a tweeter.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 03/28/18 at 12:31:33

Ok, maybe its not a lumping thing with you as mush as it is a blind allegiance to what you read.

I agree that tweeters personality leave much to be desired, but where did you get your firsthand knowledge into the workings of such trade issues?

Were you a representative for a large company that had to deal with such guidelines, as a course of your employment?

Boeing has guys like that, is that were you got it?

Were you a intern, or a staff member, for a political person who was tasked to a trade committee, as part of their governing responsibility?

I would like to learn of some of the nuances that go into such negotiations, if you can freely share them without jeopardizing your employment.

Thanks.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 03/28/18 at 12:43:37

raydawg wrote on 03/28/18 at 12:31:33:
Ok, maybe its not a lumping thing with you as mush as it is a blind allegiance to what you read.

I agree that tweeters personality leave much to be desired, but where did you get your firsthand knowledge into the workings of such trade issues?

I dunno ray, I can read.  I've seen his tweets.  i've seen first hand the effect they can have on the market... how much more explicit can I be??

Were you a representative for a large company that had to deal with such guidelines, as a course of your employment?

See above...

Boeing has guys like that, is that were you got it?

Are you that out of touch?  Have you ever been to other sites besides infowars and fox news?

Were you a intern, or a staff member, for a political person who was tasked to a trade committee, as part of their governing responsibility?

Not sure how many different ways I can put it.  Education is your friend ray.

I would like to learn of some of the nuances that go into such negotiations, if you can freely share them without jeopardizing your employment.

Thanks.

There's this thing called "the internet".  Within that, there's the "World Wide Web" that has lots and lots of information outlets.  Some even report on politics and how government policy affects the market.  Imagine that!

This one time, several sites on "the web" reported that because of our president's blunt tweet about imposing tariffs, the stock market reacted badly.  in fact, some of these sites are saying that there's still a ripple effect happening.

Cool, huh?

You have the sum of human knowledge at your fingertips.  Get off this little forum once in awhile expand your outlook..

Sheesh!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 03/28/18 at 12:58:09

Spot the ripples,
Blind to the rocketship

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #9 - 03/28/18 at 13:19:29

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/28/18 at 12:58:09:
Spot the ripples,
Blind to the rocketship

Yes, piloting ones life with heresy leaves you to chance, that you believed the honest used care salesman.....

Self-awareness comes before questions.
Answers come from need.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 03/28/18 at 14:28:44

raydawg wrote on 03/28/18 at 13:19:29:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/28/18 at 12:58:09:
Spot the ripples,
Blind to the rocketship

Yes, piloting ones life with heresy leaves you to chance, that you believed the honest used care salesman.....

Hearsay or heresy?  Care or car?

Do you ever proofread ray?  LOL

Self-awareness comes before questions.
Answers come from need.

Oooo.. look at ray, trying to be the deep pontificator.... Roll Eyes

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #11 - 03/28/18 at 14:50:47

T And T Garage wrote on 03/28/18 at 14:28:44:
"... Do you ever proofread ray? ..." LOL

Thanks Ray.
 Glad to see the, ‘pontificator’, is now correcting,
your Grammar,  Syntax,  Punctuation and Spelling.

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 03/28/18 at 14:51:29

What was it I was saying about that meeting?......

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/kim-message-trump-china-back-054122191.html

Pshaw.. I'm sure everything is fine........ Roll Eyes

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #13 - 03/28/18 at 15:20:44

MnSpring wrote on 03/28/18 at 14:50:47:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/28/18 at 14:28:44:
"... Do you ever proofread ray? ..." LOL

Thanks Ray.
 Glad to see the, ‘pontificator’, is now correcting,
your Grammar,  Syntax,  Punctuation and Spelling.

When it’s all you got  Grin

I’m reminded by a true story.
My youngest daughter wanted to go fishing with me out on the ocean to catch rockfish.
Very good eating and simple to catch.
You put multiple hooks on your line, with the weight at the bottom to keep them from tangling.
You bait each hook, then lower it into the water, by hand, careful to not hook yourself, or to tangle it up.
Then once you have it straight up and down, you grab your fishing rod and slowly let out line, all the way to the bottom, or if you feel a bite on the way down, stop at the depth.
It can be as deep as 4 to 6 hundred feet.
I instructed my young daughter to just let the fish hook themselves, don’t pull up, trying to set the hook.
And to let them try and fill up all the hooks.
She did great, she was maybe 10, or 11.
Caught a sack full.

The old coots who gave us a chuckle when we walked in the the open party charter boat, were making excuses now, on the way in and they saw all her fish.
These dupes would swing like crazy on their fishing rod at the first nibble, knocking off the bait on the other hooks, then reel in quickly, not letting other fish bite if bait was still on the hook.
It would take 5 minutes or so of winding, just to pull up one fish, maybe, by these fools, while my daughter would just wait and finally bring up a whole ganion full....
I heard them say, she had the best spot on the boat, as to why she did better....
F’n idiots, we are on a 50 foot boat. Fishing down 500 feet, it’s ALL the same spot.
Idiots.

Musta been TT’s relatives  Grin

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #14 - 03/28/18 at 15:27:23

^^^^^^^

I see a love connection!!

Wink

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/29/24 at 02:30:09

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Good or bad?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.