Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
were Trump supporters duped? (Read 283 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: were Trump supporters duped?
Reply #15 - 03/20/18 at 12:42:53

WebsterMark wrote on 03/20/18 at 12:31:43:
Okay, (imagine the voice of the guy in Saw) "Okay, let's play a game"

Pick one.  
Why is it that you think things like single payer health insurance (or medicare for all), free basic college tuition, a higher minimum wage, restrictions on some firearms, equal rights for all, social security, medicare, investment in infrastructure, getting corporate money out of politics

Too easy web - the single largest threat to our democracy is corporate money in politics.  Corporations are not people and unlimited bribery of our politicians is one of the main reasons we are where we are today.

This goes for ALL, not just one side of the aisle.  For every koch there's a soro.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #16 - 03/20/18 at 12:43:57

T And T Garage wrote on 03/20/18 at 12:30:16:
raydawg wrote on 03/20/18 at 12:27:01:

OK ray - do you want to know why Cambridge Analytica was in the wrong, or will you just blindly believe an editorial?

Let me know.

You haven't, or refuse, to see what happens when you pull a Harry Reid, or circumvent the legislative process, opting for EO's.

Yeah, Russia used technology for their own concerns......

Imagine that  Roll Eyes

Like I said on a different thread, a broken watch is NOT right, twice a day, it is broken, period. Go and justify, whatever, then complain foul.
You are blind, or extremely stupid, to not see the hypocrisy and duplicity. staring you straight in the face......

BTW, you how many times you post Yawn.....

Yet, fault Versy...... 

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/20/18 at 12:52:05

raydawg wrote on 03/20/18 at 12:43:57:
T And T Garage wrote on 03/20/18 at 12:30:16:
raydawg wrote on 03/20/18 at 12:27:01:

OK ray - do you want to know why Cambridge Analytica was in the wrong, or will you just blindly believe an editorial?

Let me know.

You haven't, or refuse, to see what happens when you pull a Harry Reid, or circumvent the legislative process, opting for EO's.

Huh?  This is about Cambridge Analytica - what's a "harry reid"?

Yeah, Russia used technology for their own concerns......

Imagine that  Roll Eyes

Like I said on a different thread, a broken watch is NOT right, twice a day, it is broken, period. Go and justify, whatever, then complain foul.
You are blind, or extremely stupid, to not see the hypocrisy and duplicity. staring you straight in the face......

Seriously ray, what are you talking about?  My post is about the tactics used by CA, that's it.  You posted an editorial that is simply someone's opinion on what happened and they make incorrect comparisons.  Do you understand that?  Are you mad that I might be right?

BTW, you how many times you post Yawn.....

Yet, fault Versy...... 

Yep, and what did others post to my yawn?

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #18 - 03/20/18 at 12:55:02

Too easy web - the single largest threat to our democracy is corporate money in politics.  Corporations are not people and unlimited bribery of our politicians is one of the main reasons we are where we are today.

This goes for ALL, not just one side of the aisle.  For every koch there's a soro.

I would not say it's the single largest threat. It's a threat, but not as large as a partisan news media.

Corporate money: Say a push is made to ban motorcycles because they are dangerous. Suzuki USA donates money to candidates who state their belief is this is not an area the US government should be involved in. Suzuki obviously stands to benefit financially if by their support, enough Congressmen are elected or retain office. but also Suzuki is in the business of motorcycles because that is what they want to do, it is their passion. The board of directors are appointed and voted on by shareholders of Suzuki because they feel those people will protect their interest. So why shouldn't Suzuki be permitted to donate to the campaigns of Congressmen who have the same viewpoint?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #19 - 03/20/18 at 13:06:17

I will give it one shot, knowing it will be a waste of time, but, nevertheless....

Harry Reid used the nuclear option when he wanted his way, to get what he wanted, at the moment.
His party called him brave, a leader, bold.

When it was used later, to the contrary, well, they found fault in the actions of others, crying foul.

When technology was used to favor a particular candidate, that was wise.

When other use and extend that technology, let’s call foul, again.

You let the Genie out of the bottle, when she will grant your wish, but call her a beetch, when she grants another their wish....

Well, see, it was a waste of time  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #20 - 03/20/18 at 13:15:40

WebsterMark wrote on 03/20/18 at 12:55:02:

I would not say it's the single largest threat. It's a threat, but not as large as a partisan news media.

Corporate money: Say a push is made to ban motorcycles because they are dangerous. Suzuki USA donates money to candidates who state their belief is this is not an area the US government should be involved in.

I'll stop you right there.  That's not the argument.  That's the way things are today.

I simply state that a corporation should not be allowed to legally bribe our politicians.

Suzuki obviously stands to benefit financially if by their support, enough Congressmen are elected or retain office. but also Suzuki is in the business of motorcycles because that is what they want to do, it is their passion. The board of directors are appointed and voted on by shareholders of Suzuki because they feel those people will protect their interest. So why shouldn't Suzuki be permitted to donate to the campaigns of Congressmen who have the same viewpoint?

Unwittingly, you proved my point and show exactly why this is bad.

The only motivation of anyone in your example is profit.  How is that good for anyone but a corporation or anyone outside that corporation?

I don't know about you, but it's obvious to me - if my representative gets $100K from Suzuki and only $100 from me, who do you think he or she is really going to listen to?

Suppose that Suzuki plant is dumping waste oil in my backyard?  What then?

The only way a politician can be truly representative of his or her constituents, is if they are unbiased to corporate influence.

Now, if they (Suzuki in this case) want to influence their employees to vote in a particular way, that's all good.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 03/20/18 at 13:20:23

raydawg wrote on 03/20/18 at 13:06:17:
I will give it one shot, knowing it will be a waste of time, but, nevertheless....

Harry Reid used the nuclear option when he wanted his way, to get what he wanted, at the moment.

When it was used later, to the contrary, well, they found fault in the actions of others, crying foul.

Oh - OK.  I agree with what you say about harry reid, but this is a little different than that.

You're comparing apples to oranges.  My point is, CA was not on the level.  They didn't use the same model as the Obama campaign.  They were being purposely deceptive.

You let the Genie out of the bottle, when she will grant your wish, but call her a beetch, when she grants another their wish....

You shouldn't assume.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 03/20/18 at 13:22:34

I simply state that a corporation should not be allowed to legally bribe our politicians.

One step at a time.

In my example, how is Suzuki bribing politicians? A bribe implies the politician changed their vote only because of the money donated. If I were a Congressmen and this issue came up, Suzuki's money doesn't change my vote, it allows me to an opportunity to vote.

Same with the NRA. The NRA doesn't give money to liberals, they give money to conservatives. If money were all it took, they'd just give whatever amount it took to change liberal votes.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #23 - 03/20/18 at 13:42:23

T And T Garage wrote on 03/20/18 at 13:20:23:
raydawg wrote on 03/20/18 at 13:06:17:

Oh - OK.  I agree with what you say about harry reid, but this is a little different than that.

You're comparing apples to oranges.  My point is, CA was not on the level.  They didn't use the same model as the Obama campaign.  They were being purposely deceptive.

You shouldn't assume.

The bar will always be pushed further, that is the nature of the beast.

When you relax your due diligence, or scruples, to beat up a Trump, expect the favor to be returned, when it’s your Bernie.

I think only FOX and Politico have comment sections anymore, it’s astounding to see folks so blind to their own rage, yet taunting others for the same behavior.

Both groups lemmings, running toward the same cliff, only for different reasons.....useful fools on patrol.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #24 - 03/20/18 at 13:47:36

The NRA may be incorporated, but it's Vastly Different from the regulated corporations in the manufacturing, mining, energy, pharmaceutical industries.
The NRA exists because people support them. Not for the caps or magazines, but as a lobbying arm. American citizens see them as representing and defending their interests. Politicians Know that the number of members is a Fraction of the number of people who feel the same way as the members.
And, of course, the above post is spot on. If money equaled the votes of the electeds, then money would go to opponents of the NRA and the People.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 03/20/18 at 13:49:14

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/facebook-data-scandal-trump-ele...

See it put logically.
Caution
Wrap the head with duct tape first.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 03/20/18 at 13:57:11

WebsterMark wrote on 03/20/18 at 13:22:34:

One step at a time.

In my example, how is Suzuki bribing politicians? A bribe implies the politician changed their vote only because of the money donated.

Well, technically that's not the definition of a bribe - but that's not important.

If I were a Congressmen and this issue came up, Suzuki's money doesn't change my vote, it allows me to an opportunity to vote.

If you're a politician, you have the opportunity to vote whether or not you get money from Suzuki.  My point is, if you got money from Suzuki for your campaign, you might be swayed to vote in favor of them.

Same with the NRA. The NRA doesn't give money to liberals, they give money to conservatives.

Not true.  They do give money to democrats, just not as much as they do republicans.

If money were all it took, they'd just give whatever amount it took to change liberal votes.  

See above - they do.

In local and state elections over the last decade, winning is directly tied to spending:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/11/does-more-campaign-money-...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_finance_in_the_United_States

We're veering off the point.  Your Suzuki analogy is a bit of a strawman.  Why not stick with something that's concrete?  Real donors like the koch brothers and soros spend millions of dollars on state and local campaigns.  The results are there.

But I'll put it to you another way.  Why NOT get corporations out of politics?  What would the harm be if all donations were capped at $1000 per single donor?  Better yet, what about tax payer funded campaigns?

Politically, this country has been in the toilet since the 80's thanks to Buckley v. Valeo in the late 70's.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #27 - 03/20/18 at 14:02:58

raydawg wrote on 03/20/18 at 13:42:23:
The bar will always be pushed further, that is the nature of the beast.

When you relax your due diligence, or scruples, to beat up a Trump, expect the favor to be returned, when it’s your Bernie.

No, that's not it at all.  That's like saying, "well, my neighbor got a new car because he got a raise at work - I'm gonna steal a new car to show him I'm the same!"

I think only FOX and Politico have comment sections anymore, it’s astounding to see folks so blind to their own rage, yet taunting others for the same behavior.

Yahoo still does, but I agree.

Both groups lemmings, running toward the same cliff, only for different reasons.....useful fools on patrol.

Back to the point I made before - by posting an editorial that basically states "Obama did the same thing" is massively deceptive.

If you can't see that, then there really is no hope for dialog.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 03/20/18 at 14:09:39

Quote:
According to a July 2012 MIT Technology Review article, when you installed the app, "it said it would grab information about my friends: their birth dates, locations, and 'likes.' "

Yep, Obama completely different.   Roll Eyes

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 03/20/18 at 14:17:48

verslagen1 wrote on 03/20/18 at 14:09:39:
Quote:
According to a July 2012 MIT Technology Review article, when you installed the app, "it said it would grab information about my friends: their birth dates, locations, and 'likes.' "

Yep, Obama completely different.   Roll Eyes

Yes vers, it was.  Thanks for confirming.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 04:06:06

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › were Trump supporters duped?

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.