Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Photobucket extortion has eased just a bit. (Read 246 times)
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Re: Photobucket extortion has eased just a bit.
Reply #15 - 03/16/18 at 13:14:15

You may notice that the original attachment is still at http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/pb.jpg and can still be used anywhere I want as long as suzukisavage.com lets me.  It sort of a free service right now.  Wink

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

WTF is JOG?
Reply #16 - 03/16/18 at 13:24:04

You can attach any picture that you have saved to your computer.  Here is one that we used for a website here at work.  A copy of it will be uploaded and hosted by this site and you can post it anywhere else you want.  Just be warned that if suzukisavage.com takes it down, it will no longer work anywhere else you may have used it.

zero1.jpg
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #17 - 03/16/18 at 19:10:11

Just use https://postimages.org you don't need to sign up and they supply direct code to embed anywhere or they give you thumbnails that link.

@Island Road, I have to disagree with you, $400 *was* extortion as is $99. In fact the proof that they can come down $300 proves they were just trying to see how badly they could screw people. I'm surprised anyone bothers with them any longer. There are better places to give your cash to if it's a service you need. For what they want to charge you could have your own frikken hosted website for your photos.

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #18 - 03/16/18 at 20:05:00

Now all I have to do is spend a hundred hours transferring several hundred PB pics to this forum.

I'll pass.

If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #19 - 03/19/18 at 08:13:26

eau de sauvage said, "@Island Road, I have to disagree with you, $400 *was* extortion as is $99. In fact the proof that they can come down $300 proves they were just trying to see how badly they could screw people. I'm surprised anyone bothers with them any longer. There are better places to give your cash to if it's a service you need. For what they want to charge you could have your own frikken hosted website for your photos."

Well stated, EDS!  

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #20 - 03/20/18 at 00:11:41

Gyrobob wrote on 03/19/18 at 08:13:26:
eau de sauvage said, "@Island Road, I have to disagree with you, $400 *was* extortion as is $99. In fact the proof that they can come down $300 proves they were just trying to see how badly they could screw people. I'm surprised anyone bothers with them any longer. There are better places to give your cash to if it's a service you need. For what they want to charge you could have your own frikken hosted website for your photos."

Well stated, EDS!  

I'm agreeing with you. The rest is semantics  Wink

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #21 - 03/31/18 at 14:44:50

GraellBoris wrote on 03/31/18 at 09:12:26:
You could use a chrome extension named;"photobucket hotlink fix", and now you be able to watch any photobucket picture.

I think that may be a malicious extension.  Would advise against using it.

NOTE FROM DAVE:  Tocsik appears to be correct....or at a minimum this extension is causing problems in some computers.  A large number of recent users state their computers are slowed down to a crawl in the reviews.

« Last Edit: 04/03/18 at 03:10:08 by Dave »  

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
jcstokes
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com is
very useful

Mauku New Zealand
Reply #22 - 03/31/18 at 17:39:46

The few photos I've posted here, I've just scanned into my computer, sized them under the size limit for the site and posted. I've never worried about anybodies, bucket or file sharing system.

Completely stock 2010 S40, aftermarket rev counter and back pack, Airhawk seat pad
  IP Logged
Gyrobob
Serious Thumper

Posers ain't
motorcyclists

Newnan, GA
Reply #23 - 04/01/18 at 20:29:04

I tried that several years ago and was told we can't do that.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #24 - 04/02/18 at 02:02:09

Sometimes do the same. But I wondered if uploading images to this site would affect server costs.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Violent_Rage

Burp!

Trento - Italy
Reply #25 - 04/06/18 at 02:33:17

ohiomoto wrote on 03/16/18 at 13:08:50:
To further prove my point, (which is your point?)  I can even go back and edit what I attached to the earlier post...

The new attachment is now hosted here: http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/IMG_20170727_071804829_001.jpg

And it can be inserted here...
http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/IMG_20170727_071804829_001.jpg

Wherever you plan to save your pics, you have to know that I love your bike.

IP Logged
slagged
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 04/07/18 at 08:46:00

Tocsik wrote on 03/31/18 at 14:44:50:
GraellBoris wrote on 03/31/18 at 09:12:26:
You could use a chrome extension named;"photobucket hotlink fix", and now you be able to watch any photobucket picture.

I think that may be a malicious extension.  Would advise against using it.

NOTE FROM DAVE:  Tocsik appears to be correct....or at a minimum this extension is causing problems in some computers.  A large number of recent users state their computers are slowed down to a crawl in the reviews.

AFAIK the code was injecting the makers amazon ID into amazon links, this has now been removed from the code.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 16:53:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Photobucket extortion has eased just a bit.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.