LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: stephen-hawking
Reply #2 - 03/14/18 at 23:15:10

Stephen Hawkings did indeed have a great mind; capable of searching the universe, asking probing questions, and offering some amazing answers.
Yes, he had an incredible life, and a very long life considering he had Lou Gehrigs disease since he was 21.  Most people with that do not live nearly so long.
But did you hear the question he asked that he did not have an answer for ?  He asked: What if all of this (the universe) was really from intelligent design after all ?
Apparently he never acknowledged hearing the answer ... "I AM created all that is."

Romans 1:19-22

19 For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God Himself has shown it to them.
20 For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made. So men are without excuse,
21 Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations and their senseless minds were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools.

Very sad.
I just hope that at the last minutes of his life he had a change of heart and asked forgiveness and for Jesus to come into his heart and save him.

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #3 - 03/15/18 at 01:23:05

Yes, a great man passed away. His intellect and drive were almost super-human. I'm glad to have been alive during a time when such a rare individual was contributing to our combined curiosity about the one life we know for sure that we do have.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 03/15/18 at 03:58:07

Most times I am able to keep up with intellectual discussions that have been "dumbed down" for the TV audience.

However - I watched a Steven Hawking episode where I was able to stay with them for the first 5 - 10 minutes......then they got into discussions about quarks, string theory, etc. - and I had to admit they had left me behind as I did the "Deer in the Headlight" stare at the TV.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #5 - 03/15/18 at 12:05:29

Is that when you changed the channel ?
Simpsons or maybe South Park ?
Sorry Dave I've been away . but I'm back ! Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #6 - 03/15/18 at 12:08:31

Amazing how smart one man can be while the rest of the human race is in a state of devolution!

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
JOEL2014
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #7 - 03/16/18 at 16:21:49

IslandRoad wrote on 03/15/18 at 01:23:05:
Yes, a great man passed away. His intellect and drive were almost super-human. I'm glad to have been alive during a time when such a rare individual was contributing to our combined curiosity about the one life we know for sure that we do have.

IP Logged
JOEL2014
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

South Carolina
Reply #8 - 03/16/18 at 16:23:57

LANCER wrote on 03/14/18 at 23:15:10:
Stephen Hawkings did indeed have a great mind; capable of searching the universe, asking probing questions, and offering some amazing answers.
Yes, he had an incredible life, and a very long life considering he had Lou Gehrigs disease since he was 21.  Most people with that do not live nearly so long.
But did you hear the question he asked that he did not have an answer for ?  He asked: What if all of this (the universe) was really from intelligent design after all ?
Apparently he never acknowledged hearing the answer ... "I AM created all that is."

Romans 1:19-22

19 For that which is known about God is evident to them and made plain in their inner consciousness, because God Himself has shown it to them.
20 For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature and attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible and clearly discernible in and through the things that have been made. So men are without excuse,
21 Because when they knew and recognized Him as God, they did not honor and glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile and godless in their thinking with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations and their senseless minds were darkened.
22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools.

Very sad.
I just hope that at the last minutes of his life he had a change of heart and asked forgiveness and for Jesus to come into his heart and save him.

Amen!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 03/18/18 at 09:41:20

Well, if he didn't, he's wondering what else he was completely wrong about.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 00:47:35

General CategoryThe Cafe › stephen-hawking

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.