Lamb is gonna win..., (Read 123 times)
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Lamb is gonna win...,
Reply #15 - 03/14/18 at 11:12:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/14/18 at 07:56:41:
.2% vote total difference.
Hardly a landslide.
And Lamb is , from what little I've heard, not a hard left democrat. He's supposedly a fairly conservative guy, so, it's not like we elected TT.

well, you don't live in PA, so you didn't elect anyone, it's not a "we" there is it?

and trust me, I'm from PA originally, a "fairly conservative guy" in PA isn't the same as a "fairly conservative guy" in Texas

I'm a "fairly conservative guy" like Lamb, from PA and you all think I'm freaking idiot liberal.

notice that most of my arguments aren't about what you are saying or the "facts" but about how you guys argue here, all the whataboutism and extreme straw-man examples and just all the hyperbole and foolishness

I point out nuance where you all use blanket statements to assassinate the character of politicians and anyone you don't like and issues and "controversies" you all refuse to actually look into

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #16 - 03/14/18 at 11:14:26

raydawg wrote on 03/14/18 at 08:46:41:
WebsterMark wrote on 03/14/18 at 08:33:40:
Trump doesn't get what?

That he won because he was an outside to the ugliness of how Washington works, etc....
He has made it uglier.
Yeah, I get those who hate him, etc, but you don’t become them in the process yourself.
He thinks his core 30% is his everyone views him, he is mistaken I believe.

I think one of his best arguments, to Blacks was, what do you got to lose?
You don’t need to be combative and argumentative about everything, smart folks turn away from such behavior.

As to the sitting president always loses seats is because I think they fail to listen to their own campaign rhetoric.

Like on the tax cut, he should just let the results speak for themselves, not spiking the football 29 times in any given interview,etc...
He doesn’ t Seem to understand when he promotes himself he is also promoting more hate of himself.....

The guy really has some deep seated issues, it’s not an act.
I could never be friends with a person like him.

maybe you aren't the fool you think yourself to be, I couldn't have said it better myself

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 03/14/18 at 11:29:53

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 03/14/18 at 11:12:31:
Hardly a landslide.
And Lamb is , from what little I've heard, not a hard left democrat. He's supposedly a fairly conservative guy, so, it's not like we elected TT.

well, you don't live in PA, so you didn't elect anyone, it's not a "we" there is it?

and trust me, I'm from PA originally, a "fairly conservative guy" in PA isn't the same as a "fairly conservative guy" in Texas

I'm a "fairly conservative guy" like Lamb, from PA and you all think I'm freaking idiot liberal.

notice that most of my arguments aren't about what you are saying or the "facts" but about how you guys argue here, all the whataboutism and extreme straw-man examples and just all the hyperbole and foolishness

I point out nuance where you all use blanket statements to assassinate the character of politicians and anyone you don't like and issues and "controversies" you all refuse to actually look into

Smiley Smiley

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #18 - 03/14/18 at 12:18:33

"... a "fairly conservative guy" in PA isn't the same as a "fairly conservative guy" in Texas ..."
"... I'm a "fairly conservative guy" like Lamb, from PA and you all think I'm freaking idiot liberal ..."  

Their are Differences in, Lib/Con
as to where someone is from.
Liberal in Calf, is different than Liberal in Minn.
       (And Vicea -Versa)

One might say, (using 50% as the middle)
‘I am 20, or 30, 0r 40 %  Lib/Con’
 Yet to each, even this will have different meanings,
       to someone in Calf or TX.

So with that Lost.
 Where do you live, (State) ?
 What do you do for a Job ?
And without expounding in detail on one side or the other.
Do you believe,  (Generally), in:
1.  Arming Skilled Knowledgeable people inside a School ?
 2.  Put up More Signs, make more laws,
           saying, ’No Guns In Here”.
  3.  Or something in between ?

On this:
"...I’m a "fairly conservative guy" like Lamb, from PA and you all think I'm freaking idiot liberal..."

Does this mean,
you are a Nazi, Raciest, Homophobic, Fascist, Stupid, Dumb, Idiot, Moron, Bat $hit Crazy, Person  ?
Because you are Not a  Liberal ?

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/14/18 at 12:41:08

MnSpring wrote on 03/14/18 at 12:18:33:
"... a "fairly conservative guy" in PA isn't the same as a "fairly conservative guy" in Texas ..."
"... I'm a "fairly conservative guy" like Lamb, from PA and you all think I'm freaking idiot liberal ..."  

Their are Differences in, Lib/Con
as to where someone is from.
Liberal in Calf, is different than Liberal in Minn.
       (And Vicea -Versa)

One might say, (using 50% as the middle)
‘I am 20, or 30, 0r 40 %  Lib/Con’
 Yet to each, even this will have different meanings,
       to someone in Calf or TX.

So with that Lost.

On this:
"...I’m a "fairly conservative guy" like Lamb, from PA and you all think I'm freaking idiot liberal..."

Does this mean,
you are a Nazi, Raciest, Homophobic, Fascist, Stupid, Dumb, Idiot, Moron, Bat $hit Crazy, Person  ?
Because you are Not a  Liberal ?

I'm just addressing this "Does this mean,
Because you are Not a  Liberal ?"

cause it's the only part of that that's actually relevant, if you answer the rest of your questions I will.  

I've never said every conservative is any of those things, but some are, and some don't even know it. and it's even worse with liberals, some of them are those things too, but think they cant' be because they support the "right team"

I have a hard time understanding how you type, and I make fun of you for seemingly not being able to actually string together sentences properly, but that's YOU, and you alone.

you're special  Kiss

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #20 - 03/14/18 at 13:01:23

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 03/14/18 at 12:41:08:
"... if you answer the rest of your questions I will ..."  

OK
 Minn, Think it's listed under the Avatar, and I believe you have mentioned it a few times.
Retired.  (I work Very hard, at Not working, but it's not working)
Ya Probably got that from reading the Posts I post.

A-Yep,  #1.

Your Turn !

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #21 - 03/14/18 at 13:04:55

I hope folks can just slow down and listen to what folks in the middle are saying.
I’m told I can’t be a Democrat because of.....
So, I am written off because of folks who believe their way is better, kinda like Trump, and the far right, who see a messiah in him.

Again, draw a line in the sand, in effect, you just drew your prison wall.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #22 - 03/14/18 at 13:15:00

Hardly a landslide.

Great! So you can toss out a topic and we can talk about it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #23 - 03/14/18 at 14:34:06

Here's one obvious clue as to how Lamb did in this election.

http://www.politico.com/story/2018/03/01/pennsylvania-special-election-fundra...

For those of you who don't want to click:

Lamb’s financial strength is driven, in large part, by small-dollar donors. The vast majority of Lamb’s fundraising in the most recent filing period, nearly $3.2 million, came from individual contributors — and most of that, more than $1.8 million, came from contributors who gave less than $200. The campaign said in a press release earlier this week that the average contribution was $33.

Saccone, on the other hand, was more reliant on larger donors and political action committees. Of the $421,000 Saccone raised from individual donors, most of it ($314,000) came from those who gave $200 or more.

This speaks volumes as to how the public is reacting (now that they're awake) to business as usual.  Yeah, he raised more money, but much more than that, he got more people involved.  This is very reminiscent of Bernie's campaign, and is a look into the future of politics - we hope.  Big money is not the answer.

Bring on the midterms!!

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 03/14/18 at 14:51:53

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/14/18 at 13:15:00:
Hardly a landslide.

Great! So you can toss out a topic and we can talk about it.

you threw out the topic, I was responding directly to you. if your topic that you threw out was relevant than my response is too.

jeesh, you take credit for something you didn't do, (you didn't vote for Lamb, so again, no "we") . and then you try to shovel your mistake onto me?  

and really, like it really matters....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #25 - 03/14/18 at 14:59:16

Wow, in America, Lamb was elected.
We, America, elected him.
It's a collective We.
I don't claim to have voted for him.
But,
Nuance

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 03/14/18 at 15:22:51

MnSpring wrote on 03/14/18 at 13:01:23:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 03/14/18 at 12:41:08:
"... if you answer the rest of your questions I will ..."  

OK
 Minn, Think it's listed under the Avatar, and I believe you have mentioned it a few times.
Retired.  (I work Very hard, at Not working, but it's not working)
Ya Probably got that from reading the Posts I post.

A-Yep,  #1.

Your Turn !

fair enough

I'm in Texas, originally from PA, wish I was still there, so does Texas

I'm a graphic artist/designer/web designer/email marketing for a local newspaper here, yes, it's struggling, but it's a good job, not a great job.

I didn't know you were retired and really didn't care

sure, I don't think it's like an amazing, outstanding, super dooper, best idea ever since sliced bread. But as long as there's proper training and certification to verify that training sure, but that has to be a LOT more than a simple Concealed Carry License, those things are a joke to get. If they are going to be responsible to protect children in schools then they have to be on a whole other level than your normal citizen with a CCL, and hopefully better training than the "Resource Officers" schools are hiring

2.    Put up More Signs, make more laws,

because schools aren't the only places mass shootings happen....

I think we could probably make some more laws, I'm fine with requiring reporting of criminal past activity to the background check system (the NRA isn't), and I'd like a mental health check before allowing someone to buy a serious weapon.  and by that I mean a lot more than simply checking a box saying "have you ever been institutionalized... blah blah blah" . like a decent attempt at screening for mental health. People need to really understand what they are buying. there are limits to our rights all over the place, so I don't buy this crap about hands off on the 2nd amendment, they've screwed up every other amendment what makes that one so special?

and I think it's up to the local areas and citizens to decide if they want the signs and "gun free" zones if they want. you can stay out of them if you don't feel safe.  Home school, private school, you have options.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #27 - 03/14/18 at 15:25:10

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 03/14/18 at 14:59:16:
Wow, in America, Lamb was elected.
We, America, elected him.
It's a collective We.
I don't claim to have voted for him.
But,
Nuance

you could have worded it , "it's not like TT was elected" . see how that takes you out of it and is just as accurate.  

and no, "WE as America" didn't elect Lamb. The people of his district did, them and only them get the credit or the blame.

I know you guys don't like it but specificity is important. otherwise we could start claiming that JOG voted for a democrat since he says WE voted for Lamb...  and then we can lump him in with all the other crazy left wingers he hates so much. wouldn't that be fun?  Grin

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/18/24 at 23:31:04

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Lamb is gonna win...,

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.