Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
SUCHES GEORGIA TRIP 2.0 - REVISED June 4th to 9th (Read 977 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: TRIP TO SUCHES GEORGIA - May 30 to June 3rd
Reply #60 - 05/26/18 at 05:58:41

That forecast does look pretty sucky.  With rains every day before we get there, and a good  chance for daily thunderstorms while we are there....the ground is going to be very wet and sloppy for tenting.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #61 - 05/26/18 at 08:39:15

Roll eyes over to Blue Ridge Campground then --- see if you see a non-soggy Cabin #4 stay that would work out better.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #62 - 05/26/18 at 16:16:31

Evidently tropical storm Alberto is hitting the gulf on Monday, and it may be the cause of the wet weather. The forecast for all of the usual spots is soggy for next week.

I suggest we just wait and watch for a couple more days and then make a decision by Tuesday to go or not.  If we decide it is just too wet for Suches and a tent, we could call and see if Phil has a cabin at the Blueridge......or see if Mo has any room in the bunkhouse or a cabin.  We likely don't want to reserve anything in advance and lose a deposit if we don't go.

Unfortunately the rest of the month appears pretty soggy, and I have a somewhat limited availability this month as my wife will be going to FL to help her mom for 10 days - she will be leaving on the 9th and return on 18th.....I have a retirement party on the 23rd, and a training seminar on the 28th & 29th.  I might be able to squeeze in a trip the following week as long as I leave on June 8 (I do have a Council meeting on June 5 - I might be able to get out of it if the weather is promising).  

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #63 - 05/26/18 at 20:04:30

I've been watching the weather too , and early week don't look good .

But

The looks of Thursday- Sunday makes me  Smiley

How big is that tent ?   I might have a tarp to put under it  Huh

...................About  Tuesday the weather folks may have a more clear picture

Alberto , may just be jurking us around a little with propaganda ?  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #64 - 05/26/18 at 20:56:37

......or see if Mo has any room in the bunkhouse or a cabin.  We likely don't want to reserve anything in advance and lose a deposit if we don't go.

Dave had him a good thought there -- we would likely have Mo's bunkhouse pretty much to ourselves, we'd be right at the bathrooms & showers and it would be cheaper than splitting a cabin at Phil's since he seems to want to charge $10 extra now-a-days for floor sleepers.

No reservations, leave any time it suited us.

Mo likes Dave pretty good, he might could see if she will cut us a sweetheart deal on the 4 of us.

« Last Edit: 05/26/18 at 21:57:31 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #65 - 05/27/18 at 03:38:48

I would not feel good about trying to negotiate anything with MO, as they are struggling and told me they could not survive if it weren't for a lot of volunteer labor and materials from friends and biker groups.

The weather is bad everywhere, and shows no signs of improvement until we get to next weekend....and it looks better for the following week.  The weekend of June 9/10 looks great (unfortunately I need to be home on the 8th).

Suches area:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/suches-ga/30572/june-weather/2153437?monyr=...

KickStand Lodge area:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/stecoah-township-nc/28771/june-weather/2095...

I believe we should watch the weather - maybe we can keep Stews schedule and arrive late on Thursday 5/31 and keep riding until we get tired of the weather and/or need to go home.  We can decide if it is Suches in a tent or Kickstand in the bunkhouse as the coming week passes and the weather forecast gets to be more current.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #66 - 05/27/18 at 05:20:49

I know it may be a case of "free crab tomorrow" but the following week (days 3-9) looks a lot better.

I think we should see if the working guys are good for rolling it a week later, in week June 3-9 as a backup plan.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #67 - 05/27/18 at 09:26:03

I have a Dr Appt in Atlanta late afternoon on Thu June 7, so it would be easy for me to push out a week and just leave from Atlanta that Thu and head up to Suches and arrive early evening and ride Fri, Sat and Sun.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #68 - 05/27/18 at 10:48:48

My wife said she can delay her departure until Sunday, June 9th - so that will give me the ability to stay overnight on Saturday and not leave you guys without a tent!

If the weather permits, I might even leave on Monday June 4th if I can get out of my Tuesday night Council meeting!

So......hopefully MM can make it for the week of Monday June 4th - Sunday June 9th.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #69 - 05/27/18 at 14:20:50

So......hopefully MM can make it for the week of Monday June 4th - Sunday June 9th.

MM, the following week after our original week seems to have much more settled weather and not be weepy all the time.   It gives you an extra week to get your hay into the barn.

Are you game for this one week change-up?

You me and Dave show up on Monday the 4th

Stew shows up on Thursday the 7th

We ride until Sunday the 10th  ---  then scatter like quail for home.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #70 - 05/27/18 at 21:05:35

You me and Dave show up on Monday the 4th    

I can even do the 1st - 8th.     I'll check on the 9th and 10th tomorrow ???

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #71 - 05/28/18 at 05:43:59

Once again, Dave and Stew have jobs to deal with ..... let them pick the days for the main trip.

PM me if you want to do something extra, we can do extra on either end but we don't need to be confusing the main trip plans with it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #72 - 05/28/18 at 10:55:22

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 05/28/18 at 05:43:59:
Once again, Dave and Stew have jobs to deal with ..... let them pick the days for the main trip.

I can arrive on Monday June 4th.  It is an 8 hour drive for me, so even if I leave really early I won't arrive until the afternoon.  If the weather proves to be irresistible - maybe I can leave Sunday night and be at Suches ready to ride Monday morning.

Stew has a full time job and a family.....he will be arriving on Thursday night and riding with us on FR/Sat/Sun.  I suspect I won't stay real long on Sunday as I need to get home to Lily.....she will be alone!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #73 - 05/28/18 at 12:38:21

on Sunday as I need to get home to Lily.....she will be alone!  

Sounds like the makings of a Horror Film !!!   Grin    She could get into a lot of mishfiff , with out someone there to pat her head .

I've got to be home Sunday morning the 10th.   but its not that far away from home either.

Hay is in the barn now , it never even got rained on !  Wink

« Last Edit: 05/28/18 at 19:01:46 by MMRanch »  

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: SUCHES GEORGIA TRIP 2.0 - REVISED June 4th to
Reply #74 - 05/29/18 at 05:56:20

Here is a list of rides that can be taken.

The Suches loop is a great ride and takes us right past our camp.

We should wait until Friday or Saturday to ride over through Copperhill at the NC/GA border - then on to the Nantahala River.....as they don't "turn the river on until 8AM on Fri/Sat/Sun.

I also want to wait until Stew is with us to Lake Burton to eat lunch.  That is where his grandfather used to run the campground.  There is a great restaurant on the edge of that lake....second story deck with a nice view of the marina.

http://www.motorcycleroads.com/Routes/Georgia_86.html

« Last Edit: 05/29/18 at 18:44:02 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 06:20:49

General CategoryThe Cafe › SUCHES GEORGIA TRIP 2.0 - REVISED June 4th to 9th

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.