Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Prayer Request -- Mike's Leg (Read 1396 times)
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: Bike Week Trip to Florida   March 8-17
Reply #15 - 02/18/18 at 19:47:48

Guys, there is NOTHING near where you will be. Where your camping at Dupius it is 10 miles to the bridge, and 2 miles under around and over it to a gastation. They have a chain sub shop in the back, and all the regular morning stuff. Grocery store behind it, BK and Mc D's across the street. A LOT of Mexican food trucks, and a good resturant or 3 in town. Follow the road (76) east 27 miles and your in Stuart, Fl. A small city with all you'd want. A Cracker Barrel at the I95 exit 6 or 7 miles before downtown.
Make sure you bring a gallon of drinking water and BUG SPRAY the frist trip there. After that you'll know what you need.
Oh did I mention BUG SPRAY? You will be only 4 miles from the lake and on the north edge of the Everglades.
Yea, don't forget BUG SPRAY!

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #16 - 02/18/18 at 20:02:45

Huh

OK , New Rules

No Food inside the Sleeping area
No Food smelling Air LET LOOSE inside Tent
All Food can be hung from Food-Bad away from Sleeping area
I'll Clean all my Dishes free from Food smell before Sleeping
I'll Clean all Road-Kill Smell from my bike before going to sleep
We let the Fire Smell stay going all night
I Sleep with a Bowie Knife in one hand and a flash light in the other.  Roll Eyes
I set-up  my Motion Dector (maybe two of them),

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #17 - 02/19/18 at 03:12:04

badwolf wrote on 02/18/18 at 19:47:48:
Guys, there is NOTHING near where you will be. Where your camping at Dupius it is 10 miles to the bridge, and 2 miles under around and over it to a gastation. They have a chain sub shop in the back, and all the regular morning stuff. Grocery store behind it, BK and Mc D's across the street. A LOT of Mexican food trucks, and a good resturant or 3 in town. Follow the road (76) east 27 miles and your in Stuart, Fl. A small city with all you'd want. A Cracker Barrel at the I95 exit 6 or 7 miles before downtown.
Make sure you bring a gallon of BUG SPRAY the first trip there. After that you'll know what you need.
Oh did I mention bring the BUG SPRAY? You will be only 4 miles from the lake and on the north edge of the Everglades.
Yea, don't forget BUG SPRAY!

What !!!  Giant feral NOTHING have moved into Florida from Australia now?   NOTHING are more deadly threats to sleeping campers, much worse than bears, pythons, pigs, alligators and them other domestic citters, attacking yer speedos without mercy while you are sleeping.    

Them smooth adult males are bad enough, but them horny toothed females are especially ravenous ......   they likes to nip off various incidentals before going in.    Aussies sometimes call them Lena Bobbit worms down under, they do.   They eat the males alive during mating, turning the protein mass into eggs, thousands and thousands of eggs.

If you get got by a male first and a female finds you, NOTHING is worse for you than what happens when they mate together inside you and lay thousands and thousands and thousands of eggs in yer guts.

those are active ovaries lining the sides of the mature female

« Last Edit: 02/19/18 at 11:33:30 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 02/19/18 at 09:41:07

NOTHING is better for catching big alligator gar, though -- a big bait for a big fish.

« Last Edit: 02/19/18 at 16:01:12 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #19 - 02/19/18 at 10:15:31

What's the story on the last picture?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #20 - 02/19/18 at 10:52:51

Large alligator gar, reeled in and then shot twice in the head to get it to calm down some as it was about to swamp the silly boat, then it was towed alongside the boat back to the boat ramp where the fish got tied to the submersed boat trailer (stretched over the fender well and tied along the main frame tube were you can see the rope marks that bruised the fish while in transit).  The boat and the fish came up out of the water at the same time.  The fish was then pulled off the trailer frame with a rope which was attached to the swing set and the boat trailer was simply driven out from under him, then pictures, gutting and then chopping him into sections light enough for people to lift for filleting the meat away from the armored scaled skin and again filleting the meat away from the ribs and then wrapping up the slabs of meat which was all done inside where it was a lot cooler.

At 378 pounds (estimated) there was plenty of fresh fish to go around for EVERYBODY ......

« Last Edit: 02/19/18 at 16:03:01 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #21 - 02/19/18 at 11:16:29

Seems a lot easier to just go to a restaurant and order a fish fry.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #22 - 02/19/18 at 11:29:29

Dave should stock his pond with a couple of small alligator gar to thin out his minnow catfish some.    Naw, that's a bad idea since the gar wouldn't stay small for long and then Lilly would be in danger of being potential fish bait if she jumped into the water chasing something somebody had thrown.

« Last Edit: 02/19/18 at 15:58:19 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 02/19/18 at 13:14:50

Who's going so I can update the log?

WWW   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #24 - 02/19/18 at 15:25:57

Most excellent question ....  participants should count those who live in place, right?

MM, Oldfeller, BadWolf, Ed L.

Tent has a spot still open, so we have room for one more.

It is a roving trip, several days at the Daytona Beach Area - several days at the Dupris Area - and a day arriving and a day leaving up at the north end at Ocean Pond Area.

CURRENT WEATHER PREDICTION IS FOR FLAWLESS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER except for a scattered thunderstorm on Wednesday afternoon late.

Meet up area by Lake City Florida, near Jacksonville on drive in day.    Date March 8th

Meet up here at Ruby Tuesday at 5:00 to 6:00 PM, eat and then roll out to the campground.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ruby+Tuesday/@30.1779019,-82.6836701,1347m/...

https://freecampsites.net/#!96&query=sitedetails

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/lake-city-fl/32055/month/332305?monyr=3/01/...

Daytona Beach area (Bike Week)   Dates March 9th-14th    (variable according to rain forecast and interest in the Bike Week events)    MM has reservations at a campground where we will stay for a day or three.    

http://bikeweekcampground.com/

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/daytona-beach-fl/32114/month/328173?monyr=3...

Down by DuPuis / Indiantown (main camping place)   Dates variable according to rain forecast and interest.   You could say it is a free backup for Bike Week rainout days.   Here is an overview of the campground.     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h_CJXDMflg

https://www.accuweather.com/en/us/indiantown-fl/34956/month/15185_pc?monyr=3/...    

These perfectly beautiful weather results are really still too early to get overly excited over, but they are there for your viewing pleasure ......     We know they shift some two weeks out, and become much more specific for days and amounts of precipitation during that last week.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #25 - 02/19/18 at 18:59:57

Daytona Beach area (Bike Week)   Dates March 9th-14th    (variable according to rain forecast and interest in the Bike Week events)    MM has reservations at a campground where we will stay for a day or three.    

The plan , I think ?

8th meet in Lake City Ruby Tuesday's then on to the Ocean-Pond campground.

9th - 10th in Daytona seeing the Sights and smelling the Smells of Bike Week  

11th - 15th is in South Flordia , far away from Dytona ... Following Oldfeller and BadWolf .

The 16th is  back to Daytona .  For The Giant Wood Bike Burning  Camp Fire.  

The  17th is back to Lake City.  

The 18th is back to TN.

I'm not cooking , but may need coffee for the all night "Varmint" watch/camp guarding everywhere but Daytona ...  Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #26 - 02/20/18 at 02:35:44

MM, were there any deranged clan groups of albino zombie hillbillies after us on any of the previous trips?

Did the dragon ever come out of that tunnel to NOWHERE to come get us?    

(simply could not get that last group of Savagers to go down the throat of the beast, simply could not get them to put their bikes in gear, they just sat there in a row jest a waggin their heads no-no-no-no-no).    They never made it past the slithering snakes and the waist high piles of dragon manure to the blood stained sacrificial fairy ring on the other side of the tunnel.

Some things are jest naturally scary looking, like that dark oily looking alligator water in that pond over there.    Wups, there are them eyes poking up again.

You can lump all them dark terrors together you know -- same little thrill every boy feels on his first camp out when THE REAL DARK comes out.   Just that little thrill of terror to add spice to the experience and make sure you know where your knife is sitting -- just remember it is an air bed you are laying upon and don't bare the knife blade any.

Roll Eyes

....... and yeah, and I do carry a razor sharp half axe in a cover to bed with me, too, edge facing in up under the air bed on the zippered side ......   but that is jest a simple medical implement for a crip old man so he can get up to go pee at night.   Plus it is easier to cut them big worms and pythons up into bait sized sections with a nice sharp half axe -- and if something bigger sticks its head through the tent wall suddenly I can whack it good on the noggin once or twice to make it let go of your leg ......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #27 - 02/20/18 at 07:20:21

Roll Eyes

I think Versey had the best Idea ... A flaming rope  surrounding our camp !   Grin

actually , I've re-thought the Bowie Knife thing ... I have a one-handed Camp Hatchett that would work much better against Varmints   Wink

But , we should still set up in the middle of other campers so we can hear the Screams getting nearer instead of being the Screamers' .  Cool

If we can't have a burning rope ... then ... we can make a urine line the varmints can smell as a warning .  
That's probably why BadWolf  suggested we bring a gallon of water !   Grin  

badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #28 - 02/20/18 at 10:06:54

You guys are waaaay over thinking this.
You know Mike's snoring will keep the critters away.
Besides, you will be at a campground, not just pitching a tent in the middle of the swamp.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #29 - 02/20/18 at 10:26:53

badwolf wrote on 02/20/18 at 10:06:54:
You guys are waaaay over thinking this.

It is what they do in the winter while they are dreaming about summer...... Roll Eyes

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 08:12:27

General CategoryThe Cafe › Prayer Request -- Mike's Leg

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.