Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Critical reasoning, then field this..... (Read 158 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Critical reasoning, then field this.....
02/12/18 at 09:55:09

I will ask one more time, but I won't hold my breath....

Who comes her to really dialogue, delving into possibilities, when its easier to go and find a supporting argument, then utter it as justification.

The question:

What would/might have happened if Comey had indeed recommended charges, be files against Hillary based on the laws.
Where do you think this "crisis" would have ended?

I am hoping we get past the shallow chant of "lock her up" mentality, as justification to the "rule of law", being executed accordingly.

Think what/how this might have impacted the very fabric and core of everyday living of common folks who must play by the rules everyday.

Also, how would it have impacted our standings in foreign policies?

Please, I get the argument that she brought all this upon her self, you are absolutely right....

Anybody who offers otherwise is so deep into kool-aid, they will prolly drown before the outcome of this sordid mess is finished, if ever....???

Think for a moment just how deep this event cut into our system of governance.
I think one of those who looked upon our democracy once stated that it, our system, would fall/fail, from with-in...... without a shot ever being fired.

I believe this event sheds the possibility to his prediction as realistic.

Ya wanna try?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Critical reasoning, then field this.....
Reply #1 - 02/12/18 at 10:26:14

5 views, and no reply........gee, maybe they are thinking, first  Roll Eyes

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/12/18 at 10:35:11

I read it Ray, and it's an exercise in futility. I'm hoping to see justice and I'd be fine with it going back to Bush.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 02/12/18 at 10:41:41

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/12/18 at 10:35:11:
I read it Ray, and it's an exercise in futility. I'm hoping to see justice and I'd be fine with it going back to Bush.

Why Jog, you can't think critically?

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 02/12/18 at 10:53:57

you're asking us to answer a bunch of hypothetical questions. that's not really critical thinking as much as it is creative thinking.

cause honestly, no one really knows.  would she have dropped out of the election? idk, she as enough ego not to, and if she did would it be an admission of guilt? and if people saw it like that would she stay in to prove her innocence even if she was guilty?  

either way, we can, I think, safely assume that it wouldn't have helped her chances in the election, so she still would have lost, so now she'd be prosecuted as a private citizen, and I think Trump might be after her to do that anyway so you might get your answer in the near future.  

I'm not sure there would have been a crisis. Maybe in the democratic party, but maybe that kind of purge would be good for them.

Foreign policies? probably no impact. don't see why

and common everyday people get shafted by the law everyday

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #5 - 02/12/18 at 11:38:16

We could pound that forever and not have an answer. Pure conjecture, on, as stated above, hypothetical questions.
Ray, if anyone has demonstrated the ability to think critically, I have. Your challenge is a waste of time.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 02/12/18 at 12:28:35

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/12/18 at 11:38:16:
We could pound that forever and not have an answer. Pure conjecture, on, as stated above, hypothetical questions.
Ray, if anyone has demonstrated the ability to think critically, I have. Your challenge is a waste of time.

you have?  when was that?  I mean I know you know your conservative talking points, you got those down pat.  but actually thinking about all the other possiblities and checking out various sources that might even conflict with your dearly held conservative beliefs...   I haven't seen that yet.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 02/12/18 at 12:38:20

Guys, of course it’s hypothetical, so is the fake news with anonymous sources, yet, they go on to create headlines on pure conjecture, and folks cling to it like gospel....

Look at what happened in Florida with a hanging chad, etc...
It went straight to the highest court to decide the outcome of our election.

I do not believe for one second Hillary would have went without a fight.
Her chits are scattered far and wide.
Her deviousness, the depth and breadths, of her manipulative behavior, has probably landed on more folks than any flu bug.
She probably trapped folks into her web.

She is that good.
She still holds sway today, look at what a surpreme court judge said yesterday about the elections outcome, my gawd!

Yes, it would have serverly crippled the democrat party with collateral damage far exceeding this woman’s own guilt.
State and local elections would have been unjustly affected by this event.
In effect, it would have demolished one of the main pillars that hold up our political system.
The resulting would have GREATLY thrown our two party system out of
balance.
The lingering effect, coupled with who won, most likely would have sent us spiraling out of control, that would take years, if not decades, to repair its effect.
I never want to see EITHER party with that kind of control.
You want a tyranny, that would have almost assured it!

Now you partisans can return to your bickering and masterbation.....

I knew better.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 02/12/18 at 13:51:23

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/12/18 at 12:28:35:
justin_o_guy2 wrote on 02/12/18 at 11:38:16:

you have?  when was that?  I mean I know you know your conservative talking points, you got those down pat.  but actually thinking about all the other possiblities and checking out various sources that might even conflict with your dearly held conservative beliefs...   I haven't seen that yet.

I don't Know of any
Source
that points out the mental gymnastics required to describe
BOMBING A SOCIETY TO SMITHEREENS
and
Calling it a
Humanitarian Mission.
I CHALLENGE you to defend what was done to Libya.
Or Iraq, for that matter.

Understand that Saddam told, I wanna say Susan rice that Kuwait was directionally drilling into Iraqi oil deposits and he was planning on invading. She told him that was a local matter that we wouldn't involve ourselves in.
Don't forget about the crying girl, telling us about the eeeevil Iraqi soldiers tossing babies out of incubators..
She was an ambassadors daughter.
All staged Bullshit.
I'm a Libertarian.
Not a republican.
Certainly not a liberal.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/12/18 at 15:07:54

have I ever argued with you about your points on Libya or Iraq or any of the war/military actions?  

that's because I mainly agree with you on those,, maybe not so much to the extreme of it all being some conspiracy of some kind or the other, but I agree we shouldn't have done any of those, I'm on the fence about Afghanistan, but mainly because of how hopeless that place is.

The only real reason for Lybia, is that we were backing up our French Allies that wanted something done in Lybia for some reason, but yeah, that was a sh!t show that even at the time I thought was a mistake.  

I've oddly been okay with Trump's actions, not his rhetoric on war though, but, so far, so good (fingers crossed)

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 02/12/18 at 15:52:51

Iran was on the list Wesley Clarke made public shortly after 9/11. So far every middle east military venture has been in one of those countries on the list. I'm very concerned that we will be engaging in Iran. Libya was on the list, too. Funny to me that we decided we needed to
Save the Libyan people from Gadhaffi when it seems to me they had it so much better before we
Helped them. And funnier still the Reasons for invading were recent events, just prior to the invasion, even though Libya was on the list of countries to invade from just after 9/11.
And Gadhaffi went to the U.N.Security Council and Told them that Europe would be overrun with refugees if they
Took him out.

Gee, did someone want those refugees to run through Europe?
Why?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #11 - 02/12/18 at 16:00:32

Obviously the time line didn't work out

General Wesley Clark – Seven Countries in Five Years | …
genius.com › G › General Wesley Clark
We’re going to take out seven countries in five years, starting with Iraq, and then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, Sudan and, finishing off, Iran. Retired General Wesley Clark

No news source points this out that I know of.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 02/12/18 at 16:01:28

this is getting very tangental and off the rails. I mean, are you really saying "but BUSH...."  

why would Wesley Clarke, since he made this "list" you think we are following, want refugees to run though Europe?

IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #13 - 02/12/18 at 18:29:13

With Trump in office and Hillary not in office, what is the issue?

I mean I could ask what-ifs about Nixon or Bush, or Bush Jr., Obama, even Colin Powel for that matter.  

Is Hillary doing something now that this line of questioning is applicable to?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 02/12/18 at 18:49:20

Is that question directed at me?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/16/24 at 15:04:28

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Critical reasoning, then field this.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.