raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Pathetic......
02/09/18 at 13:30:51

As I sit recuperating, boring.....
I am reading, rereading, and rereading, again, the news.
One question, why is CNN so obsessed with that Porter dude, just want to Blame Twitter?
Every headline is about this Rob Porter, yeah, ok, but look at all the folks who got away with it for years at CNN and it’s media brotherhood, huh?

Connie Chung reports she got harassed every day in that industry.

CNN, your a fn joke!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Re: Pathetic......
Reply #1 - 02/09/18 at 13:34:51

raydawg wrote on 02/09/18 at 13:30:51:
One question, why is CNN so obsessed with that Porter dude, just want to Blame Twitter?
Every headline is about this Rob Porter, yeah, ok, but look at all the folks who got away with it for years at CNN and it’s media brotherhood, huh?

CNN, your a fn joke!

and on the other side Fox News has barely covered it at all....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 02/09/18 at 13:42:22

Plenty of information available online.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 02/09/18 at 13:53:05

Quote:
one question, why is CNN so obsessed with that Porter dude,

Simple answer: TRUMP!. The guy worked for TRUMP. Everyfu*kin' thing is TRUMPSFAULT! TRUMP! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!

It's a sickness.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/269269/abnormalization-trump-daniel-greenfield

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 02/09/18 at 13:56:23

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/09/18 at 13:34:51:

CNN, your a fn joke!

Yet, no one argues that FOX isn’t right leaning, it’s the reason they came into existence.....
CNN is not even acknowledged by the libs as left leaning.
Your rebuttal examples that perfectly, and also illustrates why nothing gets done, just point out the other persons sins, while we stay ripe in our own.

That’s not working, wouldn’t you agree?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/09/18 at 14:35:27

raydawg wrote on 02/09/18 at 13:56:23:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/09/18 at 13:34:51:

CNN, your a fn joke!

Yet, no one argues that FOX isn’t right leaning, it’s the reason they came into existence.....
CNN is not even acknowledged by the libs as left leaning.
Your rebuttal examples that perfectly, and also illustrates why nothing gets done, just point out the other persons sins, while we stay ripe in our own.

That’s not working, wouldn’t you agree?

sure,

but there are people who believe Fox News is unbaised "Fair and Balanced" as their own motto said.

I'll acknowledge that CNN is left wing, but they are less "sensationalized" than Fox, for the most part.  

and you read what you wanted to into my "rebuttal"

one of the biggest problems, especially on this forum, (even by me) is that we all assume the other person's bias and that that bias automatically makes them unreasonable.  MN Springs does that a lot. he won't even read what's being said half the time before he's typing his mish-mash assumption laden reply.  

the biggest issue with Fox News and CNN isn't that they are biased, it's that they are surface level, but I will give credit to CNN, at least they have Trump supporters and republicans on their panel shows, I'm not sure when the last time I saw a liberal that actually knew something on Fox News Sunday...

and I don't have cable so that's the only exposure I have to Fox News, well I could listen to it on my Tuned-in app like I do CNN but I'm not willing to go through that, I'm still dealing with the trauma that Trump caused me when he got elected.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 02/09/18 at 14:48:30

Trauma, really?

Maybe it’s because you WANT to believe the liberal agenda so much you can’t see any other possibilities.
Perception becomes reality.
BTW, I think labeling anything under one label, like liberal, or conservative, is disingenuous in that it’s all or nothing, which is rarely true about anything.
I believe all it does is makes the line more easy for the spoils to be divided by those who profit off the division....

IP Logged
MnSpring
Serious Thumper

Younger than most
people my age.

Minn
Reply #7 - 02/09/18 at 14:50:21

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/09/18 at 14:35:27:
"... I'm still dealing with the trauma that Trump caused me when he got elected.

LOLLOLOLOLOL

It concerns me greatly,
that someone WHO admits::
 “… I’m still dealing with the trauma that Trump caused me when he got elected. …”
Says:
“… typing his mish-mash assumption laden reply …”

L O L      
      NOT
              L O L  

Ben Franklin once said: "If you give up a freedom, for the sake of security, you will have neither".
Which is More TRUE, today, than yesterday.('06, S-40, Stock) well, mostly .
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 02/09/18 at 15:08:17

raydawg wrote on 02/09/18 at 14:48:30:
Trauma, really?

Maybe it’s because you WANT to believe the liberal agenda so much you can’t see any other possibilities.
BTW, I think labeling anything under one label, like liberal, or conservative, is disingenuous in that it’s all or nothing, which is rarely true about anything.
I believe all it does is makes the line more easy for the spoils to be divided by those who profit off the division....

and yet you think it's all or nothing with me. I am not the far left liberal you think I am.

and no, it's because I didn't think there was that many people who'd fall for his crap.  

yeah, Clinton sucked/sucks, but Trump?  that clown? the republicans are enjoying their useful idiot for now.

and again, you are assuming that I'm not able to reason with conservatives or even have some conservative ideals myself. I am not a far left liberal

Here's what the republicans have done that I'm not against. reducing the tax rate on businesses to a competitive level, that makes sense to me, I wish they'd have done it a different way, without deficit spending and without taking away from the individual tax code, but I agree with the idea.

I'll also say that somehow his BS bragidocio way of talking to North Korea has actually gotten results, so I give him credit for that.  

Also with his Jerusalem move, I don't agree with it, but, there are some stirrings that werent' there before, hopefully they'll lead to something good.

so there's 3 things right there.   but overall, without those things, we'd still be okay, so the impact of those things haven't materialized yet, but hopefully they are all they are cracked up to be.

I don't believe in the liberal agenda, not nearly as much as some on here believe in the conservative agenda.

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 02/09/18 at 15:08:47

MnSpring wrote on 02/09/18 at 14:50:21:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/09/18 at 14:35:27:
"... I'm still dealing with the trauma that Trump caused me when he got elected.

LOLLOLOLOLOL

It concerns me greatly,
that someone WHO admits::
 “… I’m still dealing with the trauma that Trump caused me when he got elected. …”
Says:
“… typing his mish-mash assumption laden reply …”

L O L      
      NOT
              L O L  

what concerns you?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #10 - 02/09/18 at 15:27:38

FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 02/09/18 at 15:08:17:
raydawg wrote on 02/09/18 at 14:48:30:
Trauma, really?

and yet you think it's all or nothing with me. I am not the far left liberal you think I am.

and no, it's because I didn't think there was that many people who'd fall for his crap.  

yeah, Clinton sucked/sucks, but Trump?  that clown? the republicans are enjoying their useful idiot for now.

and again, you are assuming that I'm not able to reason with conservatives or even have some conservative ideals myself. I am not a far left liberal

Here's what the republicans have done that I'm not against. reducing the tax rate on businesses to a competitive level, that makes sense to me, I wish they'd have done it a different way, without deficit spending and without taking away from the individual tax code, but I agree with the idea.

I'll also say that somehow his BS bragidocio way of talking to North Korea has actually gotten results, so I give him credit for that.  

Also with his Jerusalem move, I don't agree with it, but, there are some stirrings that werent' there before, hopefully they'll lead to something good.

so there's 3 things right there.   but overall, without those things, we'd still be okay, so the impact of those things haven't materialized yet, but hopefully they are all they are cracked up to be.

I don't believe in the liberal agenda, not nearly as much as some on here believe in the conservative agenda.

We are sorta going in circles here.....
Its one big result, reason, as this format lacks many discerning tools.

Look, I have been TOLD, I can not be a democrat, based on the beliefs of what a couple of other democrats believe....
One even claiming he is not a rubber stamping believer, go figger.

Anyway, lets field this question.
How did Trump get elected?
What led up to this event.
By all conventional wisdom, the narrative shows by those in charge of propaganda, er, I mean NEWS.....
That Trump was NOT suppose to win.

The RNC elitist were against him.
When the Clinton's and Bush's join force, you know darn good well, something BIGGER than that which separates them, is on the menu.

What about the status quo was more important than Trump winning?

Not one Russian voted, so that isn't what happened.
I don't even want to talk about the Clinton's and Russians tight relationship, either....

Why did deplorables vote as they did?

You want to try that question?  

IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 02/09/18 at 16:54:29

"We are sorta going in circles here.....
Its one big result, reason, as this format lacks many discerning tools.

Look, I have been TOLD, I can not be a democrat, based on the beliefs of what a couple of other democrats believe....
One even claiming he is not a rubber stamping believer, go figger.

Anyway, lets field this question.
How did Trump get elected?
What led up to this event.
By all conventional wisdom, the narrative shows by those in charge of propaganda, er, I mean NEWS.....
That Trump was NOT suppose to win.

The RNC elitist were against him.
When the Clinton's and Bush's join force, you know darn good well, something BIGGER than that which separates them, is on the menu.

What about the status quo was more important than Trump winning?

Not one Russian voted, so that isn't what happened.
I don't even want to talk about the Clinton's and Russians tight relationship, either....

Why did deplorables vote as they did?

You want to try that question?  "

------------------

First, Trump outworked Clinton. He had a ton of rallies and spread his message all over the place all the time.

Clinton was an aweful candidate, took a lot for granted, it cost her.

Second:  Conservatives and Republicans have had a 30 YEAR hate fest against Clinton. there's 30 or more YEARS of anti Clinton suspicions, misinformation, some truths and some just outright lies that have become almost a bedrock in the Republican/conservative zeitgeist for decades. so much so that even center left people like me don't really like Clinton that much. so there's a lack of passion there. I'll give JOG credit, he said as much during the campaign (and no, I'm not going to go back a year and look it up  Tongue )

Third: The deplorables showed up. These are conservatives that are extreme, some racist, some xenophobic, etc..  No, not all Trump supporters are deplorables.  but these people never really voted before, cause the Republicans ran limp, weak candidates that these people didn't believe in. These people buy the line that other people are responsible for their misery and Trump spoke to that and egged it on. These are NEW voters, so hard to poll and take into account. and no, not all hardcore conservatives fit into this group, but they also went and voted when otherwise they'd have stayed home if it was a Jeb Bush or Mitt Romney.  Trump is the deplorable whisperer.  that's why he still works hard today, via twitter and some media appearances to feed these people those tidbits that say he's stilll on their side, despite the potential moderation of some of his other rhetoric.

Forth: The middle didnt' show up. The deplorables showed up but the centrist or maybe the extreme leftists didn't.

maybe more later.....   cause this is a pretty complicated issue, but basically, Clinton for many reasons, was an unfit candidate.

oh, and Clinton and Bush's forces didn't really join forces...

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #12 - 02/09/18 at 17:30:15

Thanks.....

Lack of passion, not by the media.
But I think you might be right, if they could read their thoughts, you just didn't cross the Clinton's.

Do you think the stymie of debating issues, under it wasn't PC correct, hurt?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 02:29:46

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Pathetic......

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.