1 down, 2 to go..... (Read 59 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
1 down, 2 to go.....
02/08/18 at 16:15:47

Just got my first patch of skin cancer removed, pretty cool.
They slice away based on the biopsy, then read that chunk under a scope while you wait.
Takes 30 minutes plus.
Came back saying a little bit more needed to be removed, as some cancer was still be read.
Sliced some more, back to lab, came back cancer free, stitched me up...
About 2 hours total, as I just slept between each procedure in warm blankets....dang that felt good.

Its sore, and swelling, got ice on the general area.
They said it will bruise overnight, black-eye, etc...

But other than that, not too bad at all.

The next one, in a couple weeks, will be a little more intense, because of location, then the reconstructive surgery the next day.
I met that doctor this more, she is absolutely beautiful, she specializes in optometry repair.
Good, I want my eyes intact, so I can keep staring at her  Grin  

Thanks for the well wishes and prayers!

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: 1 down, 2 to go.....
Reply #1 - 02/08/18 at 20:00:27

So you got a hottie cutting pieces out of your body and you just lay there ando lust ?
And you need to go back ?
I had a plastic surgeon some years back cut out some skin cancer the same way as yours, but he wasn't a hottie.  He was a little short guy, he was Vietnamese, he and his mom were some of the boat people who fled Vietnam to keep from being executed, he loves the US and he absolutely loves veterans.  He told me that over and over.
He told jokes the whole time, and was a lot of fun to talk with.

IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #2 - 02/09/18 at 03:10:34

Gung Ho Raydawg.
Hope it all works out!

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #3 - 02/09/18 at 09:24:33

Glad to hear it went well and you had the benefit of a hottie doc. Take care of yourself.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 02/09/18 at 09:30:24

LANCER wrote on 02/08/18 at 20:00:27:
So you got a hottie cutting pieces out of your body and you just lay there ando lust ?
And you need to go back ?
I had a plastic surgeon some years back cut out some skin cancer the same way as yours, but he wasn't a hottie.  He was a little short guy, he was Vietnamese, he and his mom were some of the boat people who fled Vietnam to keep from being executed, he loves the US and he absolutely loves veterans.  He told me that over and over.
He told jokes the whole time, and was a lot of fun to talk with.

A lot of my friends at work came from this part of Asia.
The stories they share about what their lives were like is just beyond my ability to comprehend.
However, to see their love of life, and their thankfulness, for America is as plain as the "cancer" on my nose!  Grin

My birthday was last month, a bunch of then took me out to lunch, to a Vietnamese restaurant, its the first time I ever ate Pho.....

I loved it!

I hope I never get too old to learn about other folk, its the best education I think I can ever get!  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 02/09/18 at 09:31:52

Armen wrote on 02/09/18 at 03:10:34:
Gung Ho Raydawg.
Hope it all works out!

Thank you, pretty sore this morning, eye looks like a harley guy punched it, after I beat him to the next light  Grin

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #6 - 02/09/18 at 09:36:42

springman wrote on 02/09/18 at 09:24:33:
Glad to hear it went well and you had the benefit of a hottie doc. Take care of yourself.

Not yet, she will do the repair, skin grafting, after the next chunk on my nose/eye gets removed, later this month.

Procedure wise, its not much difference that having some intense dental work done, but the bruising and swelling is a lot more.
It looks worse than what it really is.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:41:14

General CategoryThe Cafe › 1 down, 2 to go.....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.