YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Ethanol
Reply #75 - 02/19/18 at 10:05:31

batman wrote on 02/19/18 at 09:33:40:
Dave ,you were close ,"consumer gas" was made by the fumes driven off of coke ,in ovens

Well I was close........coal is used to make coke.....and producer gas was made using the coke derived from the coal.

From Wikepedia:

Coke is a fuel with few impurities and a high carbon content, usually made from coal. It is the solid carbonaceous material derived from destructive distillation of low-ash, low-sulphur bituminous coal. Cokes made from coal are grey, hard, and porous. While coke can be formed naturally, the commonly used form is synthetic. The form known as petroleum coke, or pet coke, is derived from oil refinery coker units or other cracking processes.

Coke is used in preparation of producer gas which is a mixture of carbon monoxide (CO) and nitrogen (N2). Producer gas is produced by passing air over red-hot coke. Coke is also used to manufacture water gas.

Are you ready to let this thread go back to being a Savage related topic? Huh  (Please)

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #76 - 02/19/18 at 16:54:08

Yes I am!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #77 - 02/19/18 at 17:31:40

Cool

Out of all the things I treasure most my mind is what I miss the most.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #78 - 02/19/18 at 17:57:49

I meant to include this link in my above post......I missed doing so.

This Harley is fuel injected and it has been remapped, and the computer can make changes to allow premium to be used when E85 is not available.  Unfortunately this same option isn't going to work on the Savage with a carb, and jetting for E85 is going to make gasoline no longer an option (the engine will likely run dangerously lean).  This Harley was already converted to be high compression - but they don't say what ratio.

It is a shame he doesn't have a temperature gauge to reflect his opinion that the bike runs cooler......or any proof that the bike makes more power.

http://www.ethanolproducer.com/articles/4874/cruisin-on-e85

I am not promoting your use of E85.....but if you feel the need to experiment in the garage instead of just going riding - have at it.

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #79 - 02/19/18 at 20:37:41

Dave wrote on 02/19/18 at 17:57:49:
I meant to include this link in my above post......I missed doing so.

This Harley is fuel injected and it has been remapped, and the computer can make changes to allow premium to be used when E85 is not available.  Unfortunately this same option isn't going to work on the Savage with a carb, and jetting for E85 is going to make gasoline no longer an option (the engine will likely run dangerously lean).  This Harley was already converted to be high compression - but they don't say what ratio.

It is a shame he doesn't have a temperature gauge to reflect his opinion that the bike runs cooler......or any proof that the bike makes more power.

http://www.ethanolproducer.com/articles/4874/cruisin-on-e85

I am not promoting your use of E85.....but if you feel the need to experiment in the garage instead of just going riding - have at it.

I have already experimenting with E85 on cars bikes dirt bikes motorcycles lawn mowers drag cars streetcars I put it in just about every engine out there if you get it right it'll run cooler and it does make a little more torque but not much when the Motor stock but when you raise the compression you will make more power small block Chevy she makes about 10 to 15 foot pounds torque more just by swapping to E85 Moss motor rebuild for a buddy of mine we downloaded on gas swap it over to E85 in the motor made on gas and made 598 horse 510 foot pounds of torque switched it to E85 it made both the same horsepower little more 600 I think but it did go to 600 foot pounds of torque that motor was 14 .5.1 street motor he drives up everyday in the summer horse gram 350 horse and nitrous to it on corn makes more power then I did on gas that's just one of the recent Motors I've done

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #80 - 02/20/18 at 03:14:43

OK....enough about theory and other cars/bikes.

Keep us informed about the Savage related ethanol progress.

« Last Edit: 02/21/18 at 02:32:04 by Dave »  

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #81 - 03/16/18 at 20:24:06

Ok

IP Logged
old.indian
Serious Thumper

Fighting Foreign
Terrorism since 1492

Central New Mexico
Reply #82 - 03/19/18 at 17:44:00

Lectron carb, modified head, stage 3 cam, Wiseco piston, header and Dyna, Varsi's cam chain adjuster, head plug and drilled rotor, Tkat, 12" shocks and 17/43 chain conversion.EdL's 4"FCs
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #83 - 03/19/18 at 19:41:41

It's time to stop the stupid

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 07:03:02

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Ethanol

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.