Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
New Netflix show called "Altered Carbon (Read 75 times)
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
New Netflix show called "Altered Carbon
02/03/18 at 13:22:30

Those that have seen it, what do you think?

I am an old  sci-fi fan from elementary school on up, so I have seen, read or done most of the different genres and types.  

But this one is Phillip K. D!ck / Blade Runner done up pepper crusted, well aged and cooked up all crusty on the outside and juicy RARE in the middle.

Wink    ......   tasty   .....

« Last Edit: 02/06/18 at 00:34:58 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: New show on Netflix called "Altered Carbo
Reply #1 - 02/04/18 at 20:46:11

I have watched 8 out of the 10 episodes now and all I have to say is WOW.

By putting it all in a world where AI rules, you can cut a guy's legs off with a sword and burn the spurting stumps closed with a blow torch while he screams loudly and still be "acceptable" for broadcast.    You can do sex with current stars (full frontal type vanilla sex) and still be acceptable.   The show carries an R rating and it earns it on every episode, but it is all completely in line with the story.  

And the computer generated AI graphics are so good you sometimes catch yourself realizing that entire character is and was and has been AI all along ...... and your mind just said "beautiful girl" and until they tip their hand by making you kill 6 of her clones off all at the same time off the same clip of ammo you and you can't tell the difference.

What will Netflix be like in 10 years from now?    

WOW.

====================================================

Postmortem:  

Altered Carbon also showcases a new format for Netflix movie entertainment,  10 episodic movie grade segments that make up ONE movie -- a big un, yes, but just one really big movie.

Grin

When it is done, it is done.   All plot lines all tied up neatly, all the mysterious conflicts resolved, all the various cloned meat sleeves returned and the real bodies buried  (mebbe, the AI ones were mostly dissolved in a sparkly mess with a slight ashy light burned silicon residue).

« Last Edit: 02/06/18 at 00:36:31 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Re: New Netflix show called "Altered Carbon
Reply #2 - 02/06/18 at 13:24:49

I just got thru ep1 for the second time(I watched it too late at night first time and nodded in and out.) It IS great! Blade Runner, without being a re-hash.
Now if they could do ''The Illistrated Man'' like that they would have a series they could run for years. Reading sci sfy is best for me in short stories, stuff you can read all the way thru at one time.  So a book like that being a combo of short stories tied together would make a great series.
Black Mirror has been a good sci sfi show too. Check out s4 e1.

Do androids dream of electric sheep?
How can folks write stuff like that without drugs???

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Re: New Netflix show called "Altered Carbon
Reply #3 - 02/07/18 at 04:25:39

BadWolf,  I think we will have stuff to talk about while we are plinking steel together.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:44:07

General CategoryThe Cafe › New Netflix show called "Altered Carbon

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.