Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Juat anudder day in LaLaLand.... (Read 40 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Juat anudder day in LaLaLand....
02/03/18 at 10:08:38

Well kiddies, off to work AGAIN......

I have worked every weekend since Christmas.
Can you even imagine, those of you who have no idea what its like to build a commercial aircraft, that we are aiming to build 54 units a month, WTF????   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Appox. 250 million dollars a day is our income presently, golly, right up there with Trump and Oprah  Grin

Yeah, I know, its NOT the economy, sorta like YOU CAN'T RELEASE THAT MEMO.....sure tang sweeties, but its MY economy I care about  Grin Grin Grin

Anybody want to field the question I still ask, What's Changed I'll read it, if not, keep pounding your own puds, in your own circle, and call it wonderful  Kiss Grin Cheesy Shocked

Adios amigos  Kiss

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
thumperclone
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

PGR rider  riding
with respect

Grand Junction Colorado
Re: Juat anudder day in LaLaLand....
Reply #1 - 02/03/18 at 11:53:55

raydawg wrote on 02/03/18 at 10:08:38:
Well kiddies, off to work AGAIN......

I have worked every weekend since Christmas.
Can you even imagine, those of you who have no idea what its like to build a commercial aircraft, that we are aiming to build 54 units a month, WTF????   Shocked Shocked Shocked

Appox. 250 million dollars a day is our income presently, golly, right up there with Trump and Oprah  Grin

Yeah, I know, its NOT the economy, sorta like YOU CAN'T RELEASE THAT MEMO.....sure tang sweeties, but its MY economy I care about  Grin Grin Grin

Anybody want to field the question I still ask, What's Changed I'll read it, if not, keep pounding your own puds, in your own circle, and call it wonderful  Kiss Grin Cheesy Shocked

Adios amigos  Kiss

ups just bought a bunch of 747s??

standing for those who stood for US

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 02/03/18 at 13:52:24

You are right, at work now, traffic was crap!

They bought 14 in 2016, with an option for 14 more, at that price....
A good practice on a popular bird that back-logs quickly, but this airframe is on its way out.
However, they locked in their cost, that worked out in their favor.
Only 2 of the original order has been delivered, which leaves 26 more to build/deliver, which will mean minimum of 5 years of work for that line, more like 10, at present production level.
They also offered a few more 767 freighters, which they have about 60 presently....
That is the same platform the new Air Force tanker is built upon.
Boeing is so strong right now and this diveserfying into so many different markets around the world as well.
Also, we are on the verge of buying another aircraft manufacturer

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 02/03/18 at 15:26:28

I meant bought a few more 767 freighters.
A wide body, but no where the payload as the queen of the sky.

To give you an idea, I am presently building the 737, mostly a domestic flier, but can do some longer routes, they fly to Hawaii now, small, tight, cheap....not my way to spend 5 hours.

Anyway, the fuselage of the 737 is smaller than the diameter of the motor on the big jets, just to give you an idea of the power it takes to lift these payloads.
Now the 787 is all together different, yes, a twin isles jet, but because of design advancements, she can lift off and land, in less feet than a 737......
A amazing aircraft, and the dash 10 configuration is soon to be delivered to its first customer.
If you ever get a chance to fly on it, you won’t believe the difference.
Folks travel around based on being able to fly on that aircraft!!!!

IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 02/03/18 at 22:50:08

Woa this is interesting, when an aircraft is built how much of it is automated? Is it compartmentalised for example, would you only be responsible for the same equipment or section of each of the newly built aircraft that UPS has ordered or do you touch all parts of the aircraft at some point? Also I used to maintain F-16's and A-10's and it was a pain in the butt, but I was only responsible for maintaining  electrical and mechanical equipment that were related to weapons release systems

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #5 - 02/04/18 at 00:15:08

ruckus430 wrote on 02/03/18 at 22:50:08:
Woa this is interesting, when an aircraft is built how much of it is automated? Is it compartmentalised for example, would you only be responsible for the same equipment or section of each of the newly built aircraft that UPS has ordered or do you touch all parts of the aircraft at some point? Also I used to maintain F-16's and A-10's and it was a pain in the butt, but I was only responsible for maintaining  electrical and mechanical equipment that were related to weapons release systems

Maintaining, or building, two very distinct task.
I touch as much as my certifications allow me.
I go where I am most needed.
Different programs call for different processes.
The 737 moves every day, to a new position where the jobs are performed under sequence, normally by the same crew/persons.

I travel, and have been in 4 different programs because of my certifications, and the flight-line.

Automation is becoming more and more prevalent, but it has lots of limitations still.

Depending on which program, lots of parts/assemblies are built by vendors, and assembled at the final build assembly facilities/factory.

I take it you were either Navy, or AF, and this was your assigned job, yes?

Big difference, lots of guys got their start there, and were then hired by Boeing.  

IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 02/04/18 at 22:35:02

I was in the AF and I was a weapons loader, so we loaded bombs missles and rockets to the aircraft and were responsible for maintaining the related systems. I got out in 2016 and am about to start my first job at a civilian airport. Its going to be a wierd transition but I'm doing maintenance anymore wooo its a rough world.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 02/05/18 at 09:39:18

Where you live?

What you doing at the airport?

You can get your A & P you know, with great scholarships available to those who served.

Boeing is really looking to open up a service /maintence operation.
Also, currently, and almost always, it has openings for AOG staff.
I turned down a very good opportunity to go abroad and working 787's in service.
I do not like to travel for extended amounts of time.
GREAT for a single guy, 200M a year, plus expenses, etc.

PM me if you would like more info.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/09/24 at 00:25:26

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Juat anudder day in LaLaLand....

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.