Helmet comucation (Read 53 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Helmet comucation
02/02/18 at 08:48:30

UQAAOSwbwlW~fQu&vxp=mtr" target="_blank">https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Excelvan-BT-Motorcycle-Helmet-Bluetooth-Headset-Motorbike-Intercom-6-Riders/331819370878?epid=1490526876&hash=item4d41f9c97e:gTongueUQAAOSwbwlW~fQu&vxp=mtr

I finally did it .

My Helmet is now Blue-Tooth.   This is all new tech to me , but I managed to get two of these units to work together.

I've got voted out of the CMAUSA Chapter Road-Captain job and now am Chaplin again.    They never would get out and go places like we do on the Savage site anyway.  But , the new Road Captain ask me to Tail Gunner ... Yea , sound like fun in a strange way don't it !  Grin

Really though , the Tail Gunner just calls the Road-Captain to let him know that half the pack got caught by a red light or what ever !   So , I got a pair of Excelvan V-6 1200 devices off ebay.   I had thought they were more expensive and more complicated till I got one and read the instruction .    I don't understand all they can do yet.  I'm under the impression  they can connect to up to 5 devices or groups of devices one of which can be a smart phone , mp3 player , or what-ever.  Huh

So , these use flashing red/blue light to "Pair" with each other , anybody have experience with other brands  ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Re: Helmet comucation
Reply #1 - 02/02/18 at 08:59:09

I recently purchased a Sena 10R. It's installed in my Scorpion AT-950 modular. Installation was a breeze and pairing to my iPhone was uneventful. Music, GPS directions, Siri integration ("Siri, reply to text message...") and yes, bike-to-bike communication - all work perfectly.

For whatever reason, I prefer using the sidetone feature when talking. If your system has that feature give it a try. There's something to hearing yourself through the speakers that makes the whole thing easier to use.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #2 - 02/02/18 at 09:04:36

I have a pair of SenaSMH10 helmet radios.  They work great when riding with my wife....we can chit/chat at will.  It also hooks up to my phone by BlueTooth and I can answer a call......I have to stop and dial on the phone if I want to make a call.

I can also use my phone as a GPS and get verbal route instructions on the phone - provided that I don't use the intercom function to talk to the other radio....when I link to the other radio my radio stops receiving the instructions from my phone (supposedly there are phone apps that can fix this - but the SenaSMH10 cannot go back to the GPS on the phone by itself).

I put one of my radios in Oldfellers helmet when we were in Lynchburg several years ago and we could talk to each other fine......and I could even hear when a big bug would hit his face shield!  We could get pretty far apart and still talk as long as we could see each other - but when a hill or curve blocks the vision the radios could not connect unless we were pretty close together.

I don't believe your new helmet radios are going to be very good for you to reach the guide up front....unless you use your cell phone as the connection.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #3 - 02/02/18 at 09:36:11

I use the Sena SMH5-FM.  It was a good price compared to others and has a built-in FM radio which is nice in heavy traffic.  I'm able to make and take phone calls and even answer or send text messages by voice if I want to.  Initially got it because I needed to know when I was needed for work when on-call.  Didn't want to get all the way home only to check my phone and find out I needed to turn around and go back  Undecided

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 02/02/18 at 12:11:58

There's an app called voxer that allow team com's

WWW   IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 02/02/18 at 13:46:29

beats the cans on a string you used to use huh?

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #6 - 02/02/18 at 15:52:52

All I've done so far is "Pair" the two units together ... I'll read the instructions again and see how to hook my phone to it  .    Roll Eyes  

I did notice the instructions has Four private conversation modes , One phone connection mode , and One open Conversation mode that claims "CAN BE MANY CONECTIONS" . ?   I took it to mean an unlimited number can "Pair" together on the Base channel , kind of like getting a word in edge-wise in a family with 10 children ...  Grin

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see.
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #7 - 02/02/18 at 17:46:57

OK

So , I "Paired" my phone with the helmet thing .   and it started some of the music I have on my phone --- why, I don't know ??? --- so I hit the "+" button and it went to the next song like it was supposed too.  

I wanted to go to my "Music List" so I said "Music" into the helmet speaker --- what I got was 10 seconds of silence , then the Wikipedia's definition of "Music" ..... This might take a while to master !   Roll Eyes

I might have to hire a tutor ?   Grin

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 16:42:36

General CategoryThe Cafe › Helmet comucation

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.