justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: 1965.........
Reply #30 - 01/29/18 at 18:54:52

I thought the links you provided and the excerpt I posted were
Pro immigration..

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #31 - 01/30/18 at 09:05:24

raydawg wrote on 01/29/18 at 13:58:15:
FormerlyLostArtist wrote on 01/29/18 at 12:56:39:
raydawg wrote on 01/29/18 at 12:37:56:
Lost, you bring up a verse heralding it’s greatness that is time sensitive in context, as is the 14th amendment, as the 2nd, re: right to bear arms....

Times change, our thinking should as such.

should I let you figure out why that's a tad racist????   or do I need to explain it to you?

Please enlighten me

what exactly has changed? People who are down trodden want to come here to make a better life for themselves, same then as is now.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #32 - 01/30/18 at 09:49:19

I think Jog did a great job listing the concerns, but I will offer one, two, reasons.
I tried to use the gun argument as not the same context existed then as now, when it was drafted.
The spirit is the same, or intentions, however do to many factors, like how quickly a gun can kill wantonly by a criminal mind, I believe safeguards, or perhaps a more accurate definition of what they/it ( the constitution ) means by arms.
Same with the 14th. We had a great expansion of folks coming into the country, many bypassing any form of registering, often it didn't even exist as the forming of the nation and states were still in flux, so they simplified it with regard to the children they had once here, after the nation started getting more organized, etc.
That situations is not true of today.  

Yes, many, many folks come here for a dream.
Some come to kill us now, terrorist.
They use our freedom, that they do not grant to others, to kill those of a belief they find in opposition to them, real or not.

Because our immigration system has not updated to modern technology or context, its failure is causing hardship on more than just the dreamers, its causing it on legal citizens, as well as those who try and enter the country legally.

Tho I have no firsthand knowledge of it, I know many at work who came over here as children from Asia.
They often do bring families later, and they share with me the cost and energy it takes, it quite staggering.

Also, I know a few guys, white dudes, and a few Black guys, who married some Asian girls, at work.
A couple of them had their wives return back to their native country.
I am not real sure of the cause, or reason, but they have to pay lots of money, and time, to get them back.

That sucks!

We need a viable, workable system, it only makes sense, for EVERYONE, or we will just keep doing the same thing over and over again....thats crazy!      

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #33 - 01/30/18 at 10:07:31

And yet the San Bardu radical Islamic terrorist can return to his country of origin, marry his arranged wife bring her back and shoot up his work.

WWW   IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #34 - 01/30/18 at 10:25:03

verslagen1 wrote on 01/30/18 at 10:07:31:
And yet the San Bardu radical Islamic terrorist can return to his country of origin, marry his arranged wife bring her back and shoot up his work.

Yeah, I am not up on all the details, but one guy I believe fell for a Asian girl who was visiting here, they dated, she returned at the end of her visa, or legal stay.
He went to Vietnam on his vacation to see her, etc, and continue the courtship.
I am not really sure/remember, if he married her here, when she came back on another vacation, or if he married her there....
However I do remember the money and hoops he told me about, trying to get her here with him... it was 10's of thousands.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #35 - 01/30/18 at 10:39:17

raydawg wrote on 01/30/18 at 09:49:19:
I think Jog did a great job listing the concerns, but I will offer one, two, reasons.
I tried to use the gun argument as not the same context existed then as now, when it was drafted.
The spirit is the same, or intentions, however do to many factors, like how quickly a gun can kill wantonly by a criminal mind, I believe safeguards, or perhaps a more accurate definition of what they/it ( the constitution ) means by arms.
Same with the 14th. We had a great expansion of folks coming into the country, many bypassing any form of registering, often it didn't even exist as the forming of the nation and states were still in flux, so they simplified it with regard to the children they had once here, after the nation started getting more organized, etc.
That situations is not true of today.  

Yes, many, many folks come here for a dream.
Some come to kill us now, terrorist.
They use our freedom, that they do not grant to others, to kill those of a belief they find in opposition to them, real or not.

Because our immigration system has not updated to modern technology or context, its failure is causing hardship on more than just the dreamers, its causing it on legal citizens, as well as those who try and enter the country legally.

Tho I have no firsthand knowledge of it, I know many at work who came over here as children from Asia.
They often do bring families later, and they share with me the cost and energy it takes, it quite staggering.

Also, I know a few guys, white dudes, and a few Black guys, who married some Asian girls, at work.
A couple of them had their wives return back to their native country.
I am not real sure of the cause, or reason, but they have to pay lots of money, and time, to get them back.

That sucks!

We need a viable, workable system, it only makes sense, for EVERYONE, or we will just keep doing the same thing over and over again....thats crazy!      

try making sense and not using hearsay or anecdotes to make your point, cause that gibberish above ain't gonna cut it.  

statistically, most of the terrorism we have here is from home grown terrorism, not immigrants, yeah yeah, the boston bombers and 9/11 and maybe San Bernadino.  But the Vegas shooter, Columbine, Timothy McVeigh, the Unabomber, the 1996 Alanta Olympics guy, Charleston church shooter, the baseball congress guy, The texas Church shooting....   all acts of violence, most not immigrants.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #36 - 01/30/18 at 11:14:45

try making sense and not using hearsay or anecdotes to make your point, cause that gibberish above ain't gonna cut it.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #37 - 01/30/18 at 12:09:48

raydawg wrote on 01/30/18 at 11:14:45:

Statistics and facts are not hearsay and anecdotes.  How do you not know that? (oh, wait....nevermind)

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #38 - 01/30/18 at 13:04:40

T And T Garage wrote on 01/30/18 at 12:09:48:

Statistics and facts are not hearsay and anecdotes.  How do you not know that? (oh, wait....nevermind)

Calling out a selected list does not represent stats and facts.

Even this list does not cover the stats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

WWW   IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #39 - 01/30/18 at 13:13:04

WWW   IP Logged
FormerlyLostArtist
Ex Member

Reply #40 - 01/30/18 at 13:29:42

verslagen1 wrote on 01/30/18 at 13:13:04:

very good  Cheesy

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #41 - 01/30/18 at 14:25:53

verslagen1 wrote on 01/30/18 at 13:04:40:
T And T Garage wrote on 01/30/18 at 12:09:48:

Calling out a selected list does not represent stats and facts.

Even this list does not cover the stats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domestic_terrorism_in_the_United_States

LOL - what?  You may want to look up the meaning of the word "statistics" there vers....

Unless, you didn't realize that "stats" is short for "statistics".   Smiley

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #42 - 01/30/18 at 14:49:17

T And T Garage wrote on 01/30/18 at 14:25:53:
LOL - what?  You may want to look up the meaning of the word "statistics" there vers....

Your speed reading is below par.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #43 - 01/30/18 at 14:59:02

verslagen1 wrote on 01/30/18 at 14:49:17:
T And T Garage wrote on 01/30/18 at 14:25:53:

Your speed reading is below par.

This statement is what I callout:

"Calling out a selected list does not represent stats and facts."

sta·tis·tics

noun
the practice or science of collecting and analyzing numerical data in large quantities, especially for the purpose of inferring proportions in a whole from those in a representative sample.
synonyms:      data, facts and figures, numbers, information, details; informalstats
"recent statistics show an increase in allergic reactions"

If calling out lists isn't...then what is?......
Undecided

BTW - this is a factual statement:  "statistically, most of the terrorism we have here is from home grown terrorism, not immigrants"

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #44 - 01/30/18 at 15:16:31

You can made my point for me, thanks.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/02/24 at 05:24:18

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › 1965.........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.