Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Those Lucky Rich People! (Read 90 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Those Lucky Rich People!
01/17/18 at 21:12:28

The average person gets Screwed while the rich and corporations get the breaks.

acility and add 20,000 employees over the next five years.

Apple’s new plans include $350 billion in U.S. investments.

Apple bringing ~$250 billion in overseas cash back to US, paying $38 billion in repatriation tax, investing $30 billion in domestic CapEx and creating 20,000 new American jobs thanks to tax reform. https://t.co/r4rgTNFLiY
— Anthony Scaramucci (@Scaramucci) January 17, 2

Aaand Another company brings money home, pays buttloads of taxes, and hands out cash and builds facilities and hires people.

Uh Huh, it's just the results of the foundation Obama built.
The tax cuts didn't do anything. Ohhh No

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Re: Those Lucky Rich People!
Reply #1 - 01/18/18 at 06:24:10

jog - this is capitalism at work.  The companies, for over 8 years, allowed the US to wallow in a economic slowdown rather than invest the billions they held overseas, waiting for a change in the tax scheme.  The new tax code saves them billions, oh yes, we should bow down and be greatful.
You always look for conspiracies - try looking at the United Corporations of America, our country's  real name. This is the significance of the Supreme Court 's ruling that corporations can "speak" like humans in donating millions to campaigns. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #2 - 01/18/18 at 09:34:55

You should flesh that out. Go ahead and type some.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #3 - 01/18/18 at 14:21:37

Well, I think you were saying how wonderfully corporate America was responding to the new tax codes.  If Trump says that 20 billion for the wall is chump change, Apple's 38 billion is just a little bit more than chump change.  And , this is only a guess, but it is a lot less than their tax burden was when the money moved overseas.

This is simply an open air bribe.

They could have helped americans by investing 5 years ago but waited.  Oh wait, they were slowing service  on older to phones to prompt people into investing in new phones.  I am beginning to suspect the Apple in their name is more Bibilical than any of us realized way beck when.

As an aside, I have always though coperate taxes need to be competitive otherwise businesses will travel where taxes are lower.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #4 - 01/18/18 at 14:39:46

Not all chump change is created equal.
First, understand that Apple isn't alone in repatriation cash , building plants, creating jobs and benefiting people Other Than the rich whom the left said would be the beneficiaries of the tax change.
Second, monies spent that protect American jobs and reduce the burdens on our social safety nets pay dividends, and create a more prosperous society for us.

I remember Obama mocking Trump, saying
You're gonna bring jobs back? How you gonna do that? You gotta magic wand?
No.
He has an understanding of what businesses need to be able to function, provide jobs and prosper.

The take away is
Taxing the people who provide employment to the point of destroying their ability to do those things will cause them to move to where they can.
Trump made it economically feasible for them to come back.
Now, for the people who have been arguing against the cuts, when will you see you were wrong?
Did you support Bamicare?
Nafta?
What's it going to take to get you to see how wrong it was?
We destroyed Mexico's agricultural community and bankrupted their farmers by forcing them to accept our agricultural products creating poverty and causing many to Need to move here.
It was never about
A Level playing field.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #5 - 01/18/18 at 15:22:03

JOG Bamicare is less expensive than what we had before, and will have again.   Big Pharma won this round.
NAFTA was part of the internationalists plan, championed by Clinton (The President).  While we used it to spread our agricultural products, it came at the cost of auto infrastructure (auto parts manufacturing and distribution, etc).  
The only way we as a nation prosper is a prosperity  with a more even distribution of the wealth, which is what this is always about.  

Trump stands  with the billionaires, not with Americans.  And they don't really care you know, so long as we continue to help them accrue money/wealth and thus power.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #6 - 01/18/18 at 15:49:08

Trippah wrote on 01/18/18 at 15:22:03:
JOG Bamicare is less expensive than what we had before, and will have again.   Big Pharma won this round.

It failed. It was meant to fail. Medical insurance was reasonable before HMOs. That added a whole parasitic level of people called Medical Coders who were Associate Degree education level, well paid people who administered your medical care. Whole offices created to tell you who you can't see.

Who won? Not sure.
Who lost? We did.
Your assessment of the lower cost, I disagree with. Are you counting the higher out of pocket costs before insurance pays? The higher co-pays?
If it's so much better, howcum the numbers of uninsured are so high?

NAFTA was part of the internationalists plan, championed by Clinton (The President).  While we used it to spread our agricultural products, it came at the cost of auto infrastructure (auto parts manufacturing and distribution, etc).  

I know. We lost on multiple fronts. Manufacturing got screwed, and America got invaded, and all we got were agricultural products sold.

Good you see the globalist hand.
It's pervasive.

The only way we as a nation prosper is a prosperity  with a more even distribution of the wealth, which is what this is always about.  

Yeah, corporate influence has bought D.C.and the people have suffered.
Is Trump supposed to undo it all in a year? And not get shot?

He's the only president I've seen who took one step to Unscrew the People.

Trump stands  with the billionaires, not with Americans.

Huhh? Are you unaware of the people who are already benefiting from the tax cuts? Surely everyone can see how the corporate influx of cash and the building of plants benefit the people.

And they don't really care you know, so long as we continue to help them accrue money/wealth and thus power.

Even rich corporations need customers.
Henry Ford paid his people enough to buy a Ford.

He also said
If the people  understood the financial  system there would be revolution

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #7 - 01/19/18 at 13:28:47

JOG - I will leave this at this:  wait until you have paid your taxes, State & Federal, AND your healthcare expenses for the year and THEN we will compare costs.  (I add State because in many states, they will add the burden for the programs shunted by the feds..and yes, this might not be a fair comparison, we'll kook at it both ways).

Trumps tax plan is for the very wealthy (often people with the last name Trump) especially the estate tax which allows people born to wealth to keep it while people who earn their income are taxed.

and yes, I wish I were wealthy so I could give it to my children, but alas. :'( :'( :'(

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #8 - 01/19/18 at 14:04:07

The estate tax is something the very rich Want.
It's what forces the sale of family fortunes Before they are able to cross the threshold that puts them in the Elite wealth category.
How many people were uninsured that caused people to support, Demand, Bamicare?

How many people are currently actually uninsured
And how many are
Effectively uninsured because of high deductibles and the ever increasing copay?

I'm disabled and in Texas.
Medicare and no state income tax.
I got a raise.
I brought home less money

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #9 - 01/19/18 at 14:36:17

JOG - better check the water there in your part of Texas..the "estate tax is something the very rich want"????? I don't think so.

The Affordable care act brought a smidgen of health services to the poor and almost poor; but it shafted the next step up, the working poor with unaffordable copays and deductibles.

as to your specific situation, no state income tax is due, I think but not sure, to the massive amounts of money paid by the oil industry.  or perhaps you are saying you as an individual do not pay any state income tax as your income source is non-taxable status.
and yes, my SS went of 1 penny more in this years' COLA than the increase for my medicare insurance.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #10 - 01/19/18 at 14:50:05

I've checked the water..
And I have done a lot of reading
And I have a wealthy friend who I run ideas by, we talk about stuff, and the estate tax is destructive to building a family legacy. The really rich people have foundations and IRS approved ways to protect the wealth. The estate tax is just a way to appease the envious and protect the Elite from upstart competition. Our lives aren't improved by forcing the sale of the business a family has built.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #11 - 01/19/18 at 14:56:03

Estate tax is death tax.....

If not, please explain how?

Would make more sense to have birth tax, wouldn't it?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #12 - 01/19/18 at 15:29:35

Yes JOG - and the estate tax functionality is based on reducing or eliminating those legalized methods of avoiding paying the tax when it was in force.

Yes Rawdawg, it is a DEATH Tax, so big deal.  Is there a birth tax?  Not yet.  But there are heavy expenses we as a society acknowledge within the realm of rearing children.  There are very few expenses lying in a pine box feeding the little critters.  So name calling .."death tax", is simple BS.  

The fundamental question is simple..should we penalize (by taxation) those who work and try to live the "American Dream" but not tax the lucky who are born to inordinately wealthy families making this not the land of opportunity for all by the oligarchy of the wealthy a la Europe and the US of the Newport (RI) era.

Note:  we already tax at a much lower rate (money) profits from legalized gambling known as the stock market which YES, funds the companies efforts to grow and expand (which is why we give them this write off) thru the individual investors reduced tax burden.

IP Logged
Trippah
Serious Thumper

I ride, therefore I
am.

central Mass
Reply #13 - 01/19/18 at 15:31:35

And if you look closely at the tax packet, you perhaps noticed the tax write off for "donations."     Does anyone know if it is capped?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #14 - 01/19/18 at 16:19:18

Trippah.....

You read me wrong, I say tax the SOB while they are still alive  Grin

Look, neither you or I will just succumb to the tax policies DC crooks impose on everyone but them, without trying to hang on to what we can....
Not that many are charitable.

Tithing instructions by Jesus are manifested in teaching believers to actions of giving, instead of doing it for a tax write off.

Rich people consume more costly stuff, and this is where I think we can create a equitable tax system....
Everyone spends according to their ability, so the percentage would be equal, but taxes collected, greater as you get to enjoy your lifestyle wealth brings.

As with the current system, you would need to help those on the bottom, if their lack of creates shortfalls on basic life necessities, booze, tobacco, etc, are not needs  Wink

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/19/24 at 08:32:23

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Those Lucky Rich People!

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.