Re: stroker crank (Read 1059 times)
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Re: stroker crank
Reply #75 - 01/22/18 at 08:27:08

Dave wrote on 01/22/18 at 06:56:28:
While using exotic fuels could work on a bike that you ride at the drag strip or on short local trips - but it really wouldn't work for a lot of use who need to stop once or twice for fuel on our local rides....and some of us go on multi day rides that may go into 3 different states in the same day.  Even here in the Cincinnati area E85 access is very limited.

For those of us who like to go riding on a regular basis - we need to be able to use regular or premium fuels that are available at all public stations - in all states.

I wasn't talking about the Daly riders I was talking about his bike with a blower incase he wants to turn it up to see how much he it would make for fun.

Out of all the things I treasure most my mind is what I miss the most.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #76 - 01/22/18 at 09:08:43

GT61 TURBO ZX14 wrote on 01/22/18 at 08:27:08:
I wasn't talking about the Daly riders I was talking about his bike with a blower incase he wants to turn it up to see how much he it would make for fun.

Savagebob's bike is ridden on the street, and on sometimes on road trips.  He has told me that 98RON fuel is the fuel that is available to him at the local pumps in New Zealand.

savagebob wrote on 11/10/15 at 19:33:55:
The engine is stock.. no mods needed. (yet  Wink ) I removed all the stuff I could to try and max airflow for cooling. It works fine boosting around town. On a open-road trip it detonated a bit as I think it just got too hot.

I felt that it was worthwhile noting that some of the high performance fuels and performance modifications just aren't going to work on motorcycles that are used on public roads...some of which can be very rural.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #77 - 01/22/18 at 13:34:46

Dave wrote on 01/22/18 at 09:08:43:
GT61 TURBO ZX14 wrote on 01/22/18 at 08:27:08:

Savagebob's bike is ridden on the street, and on sometimes on road trips.  He has told me that 98RON fuel is the fuel that is available to him at the local pumps in New Zealand.

savagebob wrote on 11/10/15 at 19:33:55:
The engine is stock.. no mods needed. (yet  Wink ) I removed all the stuff I could to try and max airflow for cooling. It works fine boosting around town. On a open-road trip it detonated a bit as I think it just got too hot.

I felt that it was worthwhile noting that some of the high performance fuels and performance modifications just aren't going to work on motorcycles that are used on public roads...some of which can be very rural.

Yup that's why I hope I can get a stroker kit built for this so that way it can still be on pump gas but have more cubic inches which means more displacement which means more horsepower and torque because there's no replacement for displacement

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #78 - 01/22/18 at 13:51:11

GT61 TURBO ZX14 wrote on 01/22/18 at 13:34:46:
Yup that's why I hope I can get a stroker kit built for this so that way it can still be on pump gas but have more cubic inches which means more displacement which means more horsepower and torque because there's no replacement for displacement

There's no replacement for running either.   Wink

WWW   IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #79 - 01/22/18 at 14:28:57

ARE we at eight pages yet?

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #80 - 01/22/18 at 14:54:46

verslagen1 wrote on 01/22/18 at 13:51:11:
GT61 TURBO ZX14 wrote on 01/22/18 at 13:34:46:

There's no replacement for running either.   Wink

I have 6 bikes I ant  worried about this one not running yet Grin

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #81 - 01/22/18 at 14:58:10

Make no mistake... have popcorn, will travel.

WWW   IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #82 - 01/22/18 at 16:46:42

verslagen1 wrote on 01/22/18 at 14:58:10:
Make no mistake... have popcorn, will travel.

LOL okay palatin Have Gun Will Travel LOL

Time to go plow

20180122_181523.jpg

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #83 - 01/24/18 at 07:58:36

Kind of late to this party but felt like interjection is warranted...

1st off...
Reading someone's plans to soak a lack luster engine platform in money to make an attempt at solving problems that do not exist, then to immediately ask for a free engine to destroy ... is very off putting.
If one can afford to tumble down THAT rabbit hole... one darn well better be able to afford every facet of the experiment.

2nd-ly...
Displacement is not this engine platform's weak link. It is air in and out.
The weak links will increase once you make the attempt to "stroke" it. Especially if you intend to go bigger with the bore. Subtracting from the wall thickness of the sleeve coupled with the added stress on the piston skirts at midpoint on the compression stroke is a recipe for carnage.

3rd point.
How much stress do you really think the case halves can handle?
In the past few weeks I have seen several cases actually EXPLODE (on the facebook Savage groups) when something let loose at the counterbalance shaft bearing supports. So what happens to your big bore, stroked, air starved and blocked engine when it backfires just at the wrong time? That's right... A whole bunch of money down the drain...

All for the right to say "Hey look at the neat thing my friends built for me!".

Being a machinist that spent most of my career in r&d... This thread feels more like an april fools joke than a serious build plan.

Don't get me wrong...
No one here has said that it flat out will not work...
The resounding message is that there is nothing you can do that will make the gains worth the cost, or the risk of failure. For the cost of the proposed crank mods alone you could have 2 compete running engines to play with.

If you wanted to spend good money after bad... focus on re-engineering the head to flow better. A complete new head design with better flow will out perform pretty much anything you can do to the rotating assembly.

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #84 - 01/24/18 at 10:53:37

Christof13T wrote on 01/24/18 at 07:58:36:
Kind of late to this party but felt like interjection is warranted...

1st off...
Reading someone's plans to soak a lack luster engine platform in money to make an attempt at solving problems that do not exist, then to immediately ask for a free engine to destroy ... is very off putting.
If one can afford to tumble down THAT rabbit hole... one darn well better be able to afford every facet of the experiment.

2nd-ly...
Displacement is not this engine platform's weak link. It is air in and out.
The weak links will increase once you make the attempt to "stroke" it. Especially if you intend to go bigger with the bore. Subtracting from the wall thickness of the sleeve coupled with the added stress on the piston skirts at midpoint on the compression stroke is a recipe for carnage.

3rd point.
How much stress do you really think the case halves can handle?
In the past few weeks I have seen several cases actually EXPLODE (on the facebook Savage groups) when something let loose at the counterbalance shaft bearing supports. So what happens to your big bore, stroked, air starved and blocked engine when it backfires just at the wrong time? That's right... A whole bunch of money down the drain...

All for the right to say "Hey look at the neat thing my friends built for me!".

Being a machinist that spent most of my career in r&d... This thread feels more like an april fools joke than a serious build plan.

Don't get me wrong...
No one here has said that it flat out will not work...
The resounding message is that there is nothing you can do that will make the gains worth the cost, or the risk of failure. For the cost of the proposed crank mods alone you could have 2 compete running engines to play with.

If you wanted to spend good money after bad... focus on re-engineering the head to flow better. A complete new head design with better flow will out perform pretty much anything you can do to the rotating assembly.

How many hp world record's do you hold ?

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #85 - 01/24/18 at 11:36:24

GT61 TURBO ZX14 wrote on 01/24/18 at 10:53:37:
How many hp world record's do you hold ?

Wow, you have about the worst people skills I've encountered in a long time.

So how many HP world records to YOU hold? I checked guinnessworldrecords.com, wikipedia, and I couldn't find an official ZX-14 HP record.

Are you Randy Hope of Lil' Hope Racing from Ontario Canada? He holds a speed record on a ZX-14
Are you William Scherer? He holds the ZX-14 record at Bonneville
Are you Kevin Mullner? He claims 230.157mph on a youtube video

Doesn't matter - I don't care if you are one of the above and hold every record in the world. Point is, you're a very abrasive person. You are completely unwilling to accept constructive input from people who have had their hands in the little air cooled engine.

And let's say you become the WORLD RECORD HOLDER for an LS650 - I still wont give a crap, because it will also be the most useless world record.

Please, hurry up and go blow up a few engines, so you'll get discouraged and go away.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #86 - 01/24/18 at 11:41:26

The Savage is not a ZX-11, Stroking, use of larger/higher compression pistons is in fact counterproductive when supercharging this bike.   lowering CR by one point ( 8.5:1 to7.5;1 , causes a 3% loss in power) but allows an increase in boost (1 psi of boost gains a 3.5% increase in power) . With a static CR of 8.5 we can run 4 psi of boost and increase power by 7% while ending up at peak torque ,with(effective compression ratio ECR.) of 10.8;1 . At 7.5 :1  boost can be raised to 6 psi ( 21% -3% =an 18% increase in power with an ECR of 10.6:1.  Let's look at 6.5;1 running 9 psi of boost gives 31.5% - 6% =25.5% gain in power and an ECR of10.5:1      All of three examples above two very important things in common, compression ratios that will not cause ,overheating, detonation, or the use of anything more that high octane pump gas ,which is available anywhere you go. All FACTS above can be found at the site I posted on 1/20/18.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #87 - 01/24/18 at 12:09:15

Lol

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #88 - 01/24/18 at 14:44:15

batman wrote on 01/24/18 at 11:41:26:
The Savage is not a ZX-11, Stroking, use of larger/higher compression pistons is in fact counterproductive when supercharging this bike.   lowering CR by one point ( 8.5:1 to7.5;1 , causes a 3% loss in power) but allows an increase in boost (1 psi of boost gains a 3.5% increase in power) . With a static CR of 8.5 we can run 4 psi of boost and increase power by 7% while ending up at peak torque ,with(effective compression ratio ECR.) of 10.8;1 . At 7.5 :1  boost can be raised to 6 psi ( 21% -3% =an 18% increase in power with an ECR of 10.6:1.  Let's look at 6.5;1 running 9 psi of boost gives 31.5% - 6% =25.5% gain in power and an ECR of10.5:1      All of three examples above two very important things in common, compression ratios that will not cause ,overheating, detonation, or the use of anything more that high octane pump gas ,which is available anywhere you go. All FACTS above can be found at the site I posted on 1/20/18.

Dood is a troll.
Obviously has ZERO idea what it takes to redesign and engine platform and lacks the thought articulation to even attempt the arithmetic to pull such an engineering blight from the depths of stupid.

Where is the block button again?

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #89 - 01/24/18 at 14:54:06

You act like you're talking to somebody that doesn't know what they're doing lol thanks for the information

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:31:21

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: stroker crank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.