Send Topic Print
Re: stroker crank (Read 1059 times)
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Re: stroker crank
Reply #45 - 01/17/18 at 18:47:09

Now, c'mon man.  This is really a very amiable community.  It takes a lot to put us off, and your manner of posting has been very grating.  I participate in a few forums and tend to stick with those where the members are cordial and humble enough to learn from one another.  Try a different approach and you are welcome.  Keep up with the same style of posting and you will feel the push back.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #46 - 01/17/18 at 18:48:00

Why are posts disappearing?

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Tocsik
Serious Thumper

the singularity

Denver, CO
Reply #47 - 01/17/18 at 19:29:19

Gary_in_NJ wrote on 01/17/18 at 18:48:00:
Why are posts disappearing?

Noticed that, too.  Moderators maybe deleting some?  Strange to delete the kind posts and leave the snarky ones.

'08|Raptor|Dyna|Stock jets & no other carb changes @ 5280' alt|'slavy CCT|Kawa front pulley|130/90 rear tire|7" LED headlight|3" straight risers|FIAMM El Grande horns|Mutazu hard bags
  IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #48 - 01/17/18 at 19:59:45

Wow!  Way to treat a new member who might have something cool to add to the community.  This was instigated by us more than him.  He only started "showing off" (if you can call it that) to prove he had some experience in the area of building engines.  

Why not say, "Okay, maybe you can get more out of this turd than we think, have at it!"  Then sit back and see what happens.  All due respect to all of you, but really?   Thank god I never go to the tall table.  Must be crazy in there.  I never expect to see a pissing match in here.  Just oil wars.

IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #49 - 01/17/18 at 20:14:45

Because this forum unfortunately.. as I have also found.. seem populated with people who take a negative attitude to anyone who wants to try  something different. Look at all the flack I got with my supercharger..  I said I was going to boost it and was basically laughed at. I did it anyway and now I have a supercharged savage.  Roll Eyes

Seems like if you step outside the sensible mods all the negative nellies appear to lecture you on how it's the wrong bike, it's not made for that, just sell it and buy a faster bike, it won't work, don't bother, why are you bothering,  "I'm-happy-with my-slow-savage-so-you'd-better-be-happy-with-it-too."

What does it matter to you guys? Let the guy just try it! Waste his time and money on it if you want to think that but hey, we all benefit from the research whether it works or not!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #50 - 01/17/18 at 20:25:16

Looking at the mechanics and considering the outcomes and not seeing reasonable success is Evaluating and deciding. Being a cheerleader for things that don't look like winners just so someone won't judge the realist as Negative sounds disingenuous.
Would you Really want people to applaud an idea that they honestly didn't see succeeding? How would you like to invest tons of money and time in a project that experienced people had a chance to wave you off of?
How would you feel about presenting a loser idea to your financial advisor and he gives you Thumbs Up, to protect your feelings? You lose money, but he was Nice.

Your priorities are screwed up.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #51 - 01/17/18 at 21:13:56

Just can't delete them all. if I could I would obviously delete them.some of the people on this forum have everything all figured out. Good luck

Out of all the things I treasure most my mind is what I miss the most.
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #52 - 01/17/18 at 21:18:41

Tocsik wrote on 01/17/18 at 18:47:09:
Now, c'mon man.  This is really a very amiable community.  It takes a lot to put us off, and your manner of posting has been very grating.  I participate in a few forums and tend to stick with those where the members are cordial and humble enough to learn from one another.  Try a different approach and you are welcome.  Keep up with the same style of posting and you will feel the push back.

I'm a moderator on 4 forums. I guess I'm used to dealing with people that are used to dealing outside the box good lock on your builds.

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #53 - 01/17/18 at 21:54:02

I'm sorry if I offended ,but I am also concerned  about all the newbees that chimed in and want to follow you down the garden path,knowing little about the drawbacks they are facing . Comments like "using a separate oil tank and electric oil pump to supply a turbo" for one. They have no knowledge that the alternator on the savage won't support the amount of power it would take to drive a couple of driving lights much less any type of motor.I believe most of the people on this site love the Savage because of it simplicity and reliability ,and what you are intent on doing changes both, and I want them to know it may well be a dead end road. AS for thinking outside the box I might be the only person that has no spring under the pawl on my cam chain tensioner, I extended it at 19000 miles due to ware, and threw the spring away,( allowing the tensioner to act as a shock) most on the site said I was nuts ,and said time will tell , I'm fast approaching 33000 mile and still running the same chain that came with the bike in 1995.That's just one example of thinking outside the box ,the list goes on but I don't want to bore you.

« Last Edit: 01/18/18 at 00:28:51 by batman »  

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #54 - 01/17/18 at 23:15:42

trust me I know what it takes. I could have bought a house for what I got in to my turbo bike. this ant my first or my last rodeo. the only reson I got in to this bike is becase my dad.he loves this bike and I love building crazy stuff and its something we can do together. he is on hear reading this as we go.i have the ability to get parts made becase of what I do and who I know for pretty cheep.

« Last Edit: 01/18/18 at 00:47:48 by GT61 TURBO ZX14 »  

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #55 - 01/18/18 at 00:07:30

Savagebob, no one said that you couldn't do it (at least I never did) but you can 't tell me you were successful when you were at highway speeds and the motor started pinging, and you nursed it back home . You said you might try and retard the spark and I sent you a PM about one way you might do it .(and any way you do it may work) I also said that you might have to drop the boost or the compression ratio and you said you didn't want to because you 'd lose performance.(no kidding! ) but that's not logical! I would give up some performance to have a bike that I could ride under all conditions, and you could test it easily by changing pulley sizes.If boost pressures have to be lowered when using a blower or turbo to avoid damage will they produce as much hp or  less than a 97mm piston and stage 3 cam,  which have been proven safe? while I think a blower may be the better approach ,I cannot in good faith recommend forced air for the Savage.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #56 - 01/18/18 at 00:49:27

I would run it on E85 or higher

IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #57 - 01/18/18 at 02:01:28

batman wrote on 01/18/18 at 00:07:30:
..I also said that you might have to drop the boost or the compression ratio and you said you didn't want to because you 'd lose performance.(no kidding! ) but that's not logical! I would give up some performance to have a bike that I could ride under all conditions

That's just it though isn't it. It's not your bike. We aren't all here to cruise around on our simple and reliable bikes. Yes I can say it's a success as it's a project. I wanted to boost the motor and I've done it. So it's a success for me. And if other people want to follow in my path all power to them. It's just bizarre to me to have people try and shoot down ideas just because they wouldn't do it, cos it's expensive or not sensible or whatever. Have fun, be adventurous!

Some people like me and GT61 just want to tinker and build crazy stuff and it's tiresome coming on here and having to justify it to people. I don't bother anymore which is why I'm rarely on here now.

IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #58 - 01/18/18 at 02:23:31

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/17/18 at 20:25:16:
Looking at the mechanics and considering the outcomes and not seeing reasonable success is Evaluating and deciding. Being a cheerleader for things that don't look like winners just so someone won't judge the realist as Negative sounds disingenuous.
Would you Really want people to applaud an idea that they honestly didn't see succeeding? How would you like to invest tons of money and time in a project that experienced people had a chance to wave you off of?
How would you feel about presenting a loser idea to your financial advisor and he gives you Thumbs Up, to protect your feelings? You lose money, but he was Nice.

Your priorities are screwed up.

No there aren't. I presented my 'loser' idea when I got here years ago and got the 'thumbs down' from the advisory board to use your analogy. I did it anyway and it worked out. I'm happy with it. Perhaps not such a loser idea after all. Nobody is looking for cheerleading but IMO forums should be a place to share ideas freely without being heavily shot down all the time from people who for whatever reason wouldn't do it themselves.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #59 - 01/18/18 at 11:52:23

savagebob wrote on 01/17/18 at 20:14:45:
Because this forum unfortunately.. as I have also found.. seem populated with people who take a negative attitude to anyone who wants to try  something different. Look at all the flack I got with my supercharger..  I said I was going to boost it and was basically laughed at. I did it anyway and now I have a supercharged savage.  Roll Eyes

Seems like if you step outside the sensible mods all the negative nellies appear to lecture you on how it's the wrong bike, it's not made for that, just sell it and buy a faster bike, it won't work, don't bother, why are you bothering,  "I'm-happy-with my-slow-savage-so-you'd-better-be-happy-with-it-too."

What does it matter to you guys? Let the guy just try it! Waste his time and money on it if you want to think that but hey, we all benefit from the research whether it works or not!

I was replying to Bob. Cheerleading something that doesn't make sense just to be supportive is disingenuous.
You have access to special tools and equipment and people. You're in a unique position. If it's a fun project for you, get all over it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 23:18:44

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: stroker crank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.