GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Re: stroker crank
Reply #15 - 01/11/18 at 14:30:52

Roll Eyesverslagen1 wrote on 01/11/18 at 09:52:07:
LANCER wrote on 08/08/13 at 04:51:34:
DR650 available cam profiles listed on the WebCam site are considerably higher than what we have now, but then the DR exhaust ports a MUCH nicer that ours.  Valve sizes are the same.  This is for the 90-95 models.

Lift:  .390/.380
Duration @ 0.050":  248/248

Lift:  .417/.405
Duration @ 0.050":  254/254

Numbers for the LS650

CAMSHAFT                           VALVE LIFT IN/EX                          DURATION @ .050

Stock camshaft                       .254/.244                                          224
Webcam std.                          .256/.256                                          226
Stage 1                                      .264/.264                                                 239
Stage 2                                      .274/.274                                                 248
Stage 3                                      .273/.273                                                 238

Effects of duration:
220-235  =>  Low End Torque
235-250  =>  Midrange Torque
260 +       =>  Top End Power

I was wondering that this is good information to know maybe we can get some costume cams made from blank stock and maybe even find or get stronger springs made

20180110_201616_003.jpg

Out of all the things I treasure most my mind is what I miss the most.
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #16 - 01/11/18 at 14:38:32

Gary_in_NJ wrote on 01/11/18 at 09:30:31:
Awesome. Yawn.

I think you've missed the point of the Savage.

Lol why you tired are you too old to follow this the point of motorcycles just to have fun and everybody enjoys it whether you like stock like my father who is on here do people like me they like to go modified and find out what you can get out of stuff I get a lot of drive from modifying stuff to find out how far I can take the motors it looks like there's other machines some stuff on here that like to modify stuff and it's fun it's called tinkering everybody's got their thing that they do and everybody's good at the thing that they do my fingers making bigger cubic inches of the motors and making a lot of horsepower and torque and making a Billet head in out of the question either for this bike then you would get a shitload more horsepower but all of this if it's too much for you to follow you might want to take a nap before you read it Wink

20180110_224039.jpg

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #17 - 01/11/18 at 14:47:06

Roll Eyesbatman wrote on 01/11/18 at 10:01:58:
I don't know ,while a longer stroke will increase torque , we have decent torque ,it's horsepower that's in short supply,  and the biggest bang for the buck is higher compression  and a better cam and we've already increased displacement with larger pistons . this has been done , where as the use of blowers and stroking may cause overheating problems , the estimated price you cite and the fact that installing would demand total disassembly of the motor doesn't "get my motor running" ,but good luck!

Here let me give you an example I did 1 Busa 1300 motor with a 3mm over bore and I did 1 Busa motor with a 6 mm stroke and the one with the 3 mm bore runs hotter than the one with just the 6 mm stroke in stock bore plus some of that has to do with fueling to and Howleen you're running them trying to get all the extra power out of them you can run them a little fat lose a little bit of power and they'll run cooler or if they're carbureted you can go to E85 which is like alcohol as in alcohol methanol where he 85 is alcohol drinking alcohol and you can run that and it run a lot cooler because when it comes out of a carburetor it runs down the intake and it cools as it goes in but I'm going to play with this motor and see what I can get out of it just remember torque equals horsepower horsepower is a calculation of torque no matter what even with a bigger Stroke motor you will gain more horsepower.

FB_IMG_1515065728818.jpg

IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #18 - 01/11/18 at 18:43:08

Sounds like fun. IIRC, both Falicon and Powroll used to offer stroking of your crank. Doubt they do that any more.
Doubt you could do a billet crank. That would mean a split, plain bearing rod, which requires a lot more oil pressure than the Savage probably has.
Keep us posted!

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #19 - 01/11/18 at 19:52:29

Armen wrote on 01/11/18 at 18:43:08:
Sounds like fun. IIRC, both Falicon and Powroll used to offer stroking of your crank. Doubt they do that any more.
Doubt you could do a billet crank. That would mean a split, plain bearing rod, which requires a lot more oil pressure than the Savage probably has.
Keep us posted!

Few modifications to the oil pump you can get the pressure up on it otherwise turn it into a dry-sump it's all stuff I'm going to look into buddy of mine is like majority of the stroker cranks in the United States and from other countries Dubai and everything we'll see funds are a little short right now I need to get a whole complete motor so I can tear down and start sending these parts up to get them all scan and copy so if you got a motor to donate let me know  Grin

received_10203011930457176.jpeg

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #20 - 01/11/18 at 19:56:35

More of a Billet it pain

received_10203011930817185.jpeg

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #21 - 01/11/18 at 21:23:27

torque =horsepower? only at 5252 rpm. looking at ANY dino chart will show you that.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #22 - 01/11/18 at 22:11:11

batman wrote on 01/11/18 at 21:23:27:
torque =horsepower? only at 5252 rpm. looking at ANY dino chart will show you that.

Lol I used to have to diagnose a Mustang dyno to Dynojet dyno in horsepower is a calculation of torque

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #23 - 01/11/18 at 22:37:18

I hope your calculations where better than what you stated for the displacement of the Savage motor which is 39.8 cu.in not 42.389671757199444.

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #24 - 01/12/18 at 03:23:29

batman wrote on 01/11/18 at 22:37:18:
I hope your calculations where better than what you stated for the displacement of the Savage motor which is 39.8 cu.in not 42.389671757199444.  

I was talking with the 97mm piston  Roll Eyes

IP Logged
badwolf
Serious Thumper

Ridin' my Lil'
Bagger - 153k miles
so far

Palm Beach County, FL
Reply #25 - 01/12/18 at 06:11:41

While it is certainly possible to get more power out of our engines, bore, stroke, major head work, exhaust pipe mods, carb mods, turbo, nitris, you will run into other issues on a bike built for half the power you may get. The clutch comes to mind for starters.
Doing a project like that requires major resources, time, money, mechanical ability, money, engineering, money, oh yea did I mention MONEY? Drag racers never ask how fast you want to go, they ask how fast you can AFFORD to go - CUBIC DOLLARS!
Someone who has big dreams, and asks for a donated engine to get started, is doing just that - DREAMING!

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #26 - 01/12/18 at 13:11:40

badwolf wrote on 01/12/18 at 06:11:41:
While it is certainly possible to get more power out of our engines, bore, stroke, major head work, exhaust pipe mods, carb mods, turbo, nitris, you will run into other issues on a bike built for half the power you may get. The clutch comes to mind for starters.
Doing a project like that requires major resources, time, money, mechanical ability, money, engineering, money, oh yea did I mention MONEY? Drag racers never ask how fast you want to go, they ask how fast you can AFFORD to go - CUBIC DOLLARS!
Someone who has big dreams, and asks for a donated engine to get started, is doing just that - DREAMING!
look I understand you guys are trying to tell me it's going to take money it might never work but I like tinkering and working on stuff like this and it's fun thanks

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #27 - 01/12/18 at 13:26:05

The bottom line is the Savage is a poor subject for doing the kind of mods your talking about, and what is the point of trying to produce 50 hp anyway? Are you going to ride it at 100+ mph ? Save the hassle ,Sell it to someone who won't spend stupid money to abuse it, and buy a different bike.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #28 - 01/14/18 at 07:11:54

People buy Savages with plans to do all kinds of things with it.  We mod the crap out of them trying to turn them into things they are not.  We change the style, the looks, the way they fit.  Some want bigger tanks, some want taller seats, some want bigger pistons and some even boost them.  Some want cafe racers, street trackers, scramblers, bobbers, choppers, board trackers... There are even a few that are happy to leave it alone.  

I'm not one to piss on someones parade.  If you really want a more powerful bike, there are much better options to start with.  But, if you want to have fun trying to make more power from this bike, more power to you.  Have at it and thanks for sharing along the way.

IP Logged
buster6315

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 01/14/18 at 09:17:56

But does it

« Last Edit: 01/15/18 at 05:11:33 by buster6315 »  
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print

« Home