Send Topic Print
Re: stroker crank (Read 1059 times)
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: stroker crank
Reply #90 - 01/24/18 at 15:38:16

You came here, asked for opinions, didn't get what you wanted, and pretended we are all a55holes, Debbie Downers, naysayers, got butthurt and high and mighty. Go BUILD your beast. Prove us wrong. Batman sure proved me wrong. I had no support for his tensioner, but time proved me wrong. Go get it. We want you to win. It would be great to have a way to wring more power outta the engine and not create a grenade.
If you have the stuff, get all over it. Worst thing that can happen is, it doesn't work out.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #91 - 01/24/18 at 16:40:33

CRISY ,I DON'T BELIEVE YOU REDSIGNED YOUR BIKE ! YOU FOLLOWED IN THE PROVEN FOOTSTEPS OF OTHERS . WHAT MAKES YOU A BRAIN TRUST? BRAKING A NEW MOTOR IN BY CRUSING IT AT 75 ON THE  HIGHWAY! DAH!  IF THE YOU WERE FUNCTIONALLY LITERATE ,YOU COULD READ THE POSTING RULES FOR THIS SITE THAT SAY PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE A NO,NO. AND IF YOU READ THE SITE-XCCELERATION.COM CR-BOOST 101-AND YOU HAD SUFFICIENT READING COMPREHENSION YOU WOULD FIND THAT ALL OF THE NUMBERS I QUOTED CAME NOT OUT OF THIN AIR,BUT FROM PUBLISHED DATA. YOUR OPINION OF ME DOESN'T CHANGE THE TRUTH!

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #92 - 01/24/18 at 16:54:55

ZX-11, " You act like you're talking to somebody that doesn't know what they're doing" (your words not mine) .

IP Logged
Armen
Serious Thumper

Half-Witted
Wrench-Jockey from
Jersey

Reply #93 - 01/24/18 at 17:34:11

Hey kiddies, can we get back to being civil?
Let's face it, the kid has all the people skills of a pit bull with hemmeroids. Truth is, he doesn't sound like much more of an arrogant bozo than I did a few decades ago. So, I'm trying to be polite.

FWIW, Powroll used to offer crank stroking services for just about any roller crank back in the day. Their argument was that with a crappy set of ports, high RPMs were a waste of time, as the cylinder just couldn't fill and empty fast enough. And boring the cylinder sometimes left no wall thickness. Offsetting the crank pin (stroking the crank) offered more leverage to the crank, therefor more torque at lower RPMs. Makes sense to me.

To be honest, I really doubt the guy will pull it off. But it would be interesting to see the project. I just picked up a copy of one of the Brit Classic mags, and a guy made a four cylinder motor out a triple. There are amazing people out there.

And ZX, I don't know if you are using a voice-to-text program, or if English isn't your language, or if you didn't finish 3rd grade, but the level of grammar and spelling errors you have is spectacular. Maybe proof read before hitting the 'post' box? You lose a lot of credibility because of your writing style.

And ZX, in answer to your question as to how many records we might have, I humbly offer mine. Two AHRMA national championships (250GP, and 500 SOS Senior). And 40 years of working on bikes. And being a machinist. And a welder. And writing tech articles for basically every english language bike magazine on earth, and a radio program for years, and taught tech seminars at national rallies, and teaching motorcycle maintenance for 39 years. And a bunch of other stuff I forgot.
And I'm not the best guy on this list. SO, before you start asking everyone to drop their pants and pass out the rulers, understand that you'll probably come up short.
peace...

In theory, theory and reality are the same. In reality, they aren't...
  IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #94 - 01/24/18 at 18:41:36

batman wrote on 01/24/18 at 16:40:33:
CRISY ,I DON'T BELIEVE YOU REDSIGNED YOUR BIKE ! YOU FOLLOWED IN THE PROVEN FOOTSTEPS OF OTHERS . WHAT MAKES YOU A BRAIN TRUST? BRAKING A NEW MOTOR IN BY CRUSING IT AT 75 ON THE  HIGHWAY! DAH!  IF THE YOU WERE FUNCTIONALLY LITERATE ,YOU COULD READ THE POSTING RULES FOR THIS SITE THAT SAY PERSONAL ATTACKS ARE A NO,NO. AND IF YOU READ THE SITE-XCCELERATION.COM CR-BOOST 101-AND YOU HAD SUFFICIENT READING COMPREHENSION YOU WOULD FIND THAT ALL OF THE NUMBERS I QUOTED CAME NOT OUT OF THIN AIR,BUT FROM PUBLISHED DATA. YOUR OPINION OF ME DOESN'T CHANGE THE TRUTH!

Huh?
Dood... What?

I think you misunderstood my point in quoting your post...
You were not the troll I was referencing...
Did I allude that I redesigned anything on my bike?
Did I state something that was incorrect? I kind of felt like I was being supportive of the sane majority among posters in this thread.

The point of me quoting your post was to allude that your very well organized and thought out information was falling on deaf ears.

And once again...
An oversized bore is an oversized bore.
no amount of gentle ring seating is going to take up .0085" of slack per side between the piston and jug.
After close enough to 200 miles into break in... the 10-15 seconds it took me to gently accelerate to traffic speed would never have been an issue save for the slack in the bore. Hence why Bill came out of pocket to resleeve my jug and rework it. The difference in how it feels, runs, pulls, and sounds are unmistakable.

Is it advisable to run above 55 mph during break in? Of course not...
How many of these engines are still out there thumping and pumping after being whipped like a dog right out of the box? Probably a heck of a lot more still running than failed. 'Muricans are not known for our restraint... Do you really believe Suzuki would have been successful with a product that could not stand up to good 'ol 'Murican bravado?

Remember what this bike was designed to compete with...

And just one more time for reiteration -
My "attack" was in no way a reference to you Batz.
I thought it had become evident that I do respect your input, even when I may disagree.  Wink

IP Logged
savagebob

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #95 - 01/24/18 at 18:52:00

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #96 - 01/24/18 at 18:53:58

I have a pit to lol I am busy in the shop you guys should work as much as you bull nuts lol Grin

20180124_202347_001.jpg

Out of all the things I treasure most my mind is what I miss the most.
  IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #97 - 01/24/18 at 19:17:27

Christ, Very Sorry ! I thought you were addressing me ,my mistake ! (guess you should have saved the block button for me!)

IP Logged
Christof13T

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Vicoria, Texas
Reply #98 - 01/24/18 at 20:49:58

batman wrote on 01/24/18 at 19:17:27:
Christ, Very Sorry ! I thought you were addressing me ,my mistake ! (guess you should have saved the block button for me!)

Well that escalated quickly! lol

Just call me Thump Thump Jesus Lmao!!!

No worries man. I probably should have made my intent more clear in that post, and I see how it was easily misconstrued.

I do kind of have to prod a little about the functional literacy jab lol. Come on Brother... With as anal as I am with grammatical articulation...  

My bee business partner is a Dr. and tenured professor of argumentative communications. Our favorite pastime while on the road to and from bee colony removals is debating communications, politics, law, and religion. He keeps prodding me to go test out a degree and teach lol. I DON'T WANNA, DANG IT!

I could see eventually teaching in a vocational setting(machining, welding, mechanics) or opening up to more than 1 beekeeping apprentice at a time.

IP Logged
ohiomoto
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #99 - 01/25/18 at 07:26:46

Armen wrote on 01/24/18 at 17:34:11:
Let's face it, the kid has all the people skills of a pit bull with hemmeroids. Truth is, he doesn't sound like much more of an arrogant bozo than I did a few decades ago. So, I'm trying to be polite...
----------------------------------

I'm with Armen.  Must we all be like-minded around here?  

I'm blown away by what I'm reading on here.  And it's not the OP.  It's the respected members who are being extremely aggressive for no good reason. (Who are even starting to fight amongst themselves???)  So who is trolling who here?

The OP wants to try something different with HIS bike, HIS time and HIS money.  If you don't like, move along.  Don't waste your time.  All you doing is making yourself look insecure and petulant.  

I have absolutely zero interest in doing any significant motor mods to my bike.  But, I love seeing what others try to do with theirs.  If it works great, if not, at least you had the balls to try.  No skin off my nose.  

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #100 - 01/25/18 at 08:08:48

And I thought he pitched it and asked what we thought about it.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #101 - 01/25/18 at 08:19:10

ohiomoto wrote on 01/25/18 at 07:26:46:
Armen wrote on 01/24/18 at 17:34:11:
Let's face it, the kid has all the people skills of a pit bull with hemmeroids. Truth is, he doesn't sound like much more of an arrogant bozo than I did a few decades ago. So, I'm trying to be polite...
----------------------------------

I'm with Armen.  Must we all be like-minded around here?  

I'm blown away by what I'm reading on here.  And it's not the OP.  It's the respected members who are being extremely aggressive for no good reason. (Who are even starting to fight amongst themselves???)  So who is trolling who here?

The OP wants to try something different with HIS bike, HIS time and HIS money.  If you don't like, move along.  Don't waste your time.  All you doing is making yourself look insecure and petulant.  

I have absolutely zero interest in doing any significant motor mods to my bike.  But, I love seeing what others try to do with theirs.  If it works great, if not, at least you had the balls to try.  No skin off my nose.  

Thanks I hope it works lol if not back to the drawing board lmfao

IP Logged
GT61 TURBO ZX14

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Minnesota
Reply #102 - 01/25/18 at 08:20:28

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 01/25/18 at 08:08:48:
And I thought he pitched it and asked what we thought about it.

Nope I asked if anybody would be interested in a stroker kit

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #103 - 01/25/18 at 11:35:40

When the
No, I don't think I would be interested
Was followed by
Why, then you got unhappy..
I hope it works, and since the bore and stroke are equal, it just might.

IP Logged
norm92de
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

El Paso TX
Reply #104 - 01/25/18 at 12:19:39

I don't want to knock anybody. There are plenty of capable engineers on this site but as somebody already pointed out. The cylinder head is the place to start.

A complete redesign of the head might be the most productive avenue.

2014 S40. Raptor. idle mixture adj.Needle raised one notch. 4000' altitude. Stock jets. Shell Rotella synthetic.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:37:53

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Re: stroker crank

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.