Savage running bad (Read 311 times)
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Re: Savage running bad
Reply #15 - 01/10/18 at 18:23:05

There is also a chance that the plate down inside the slide that holds the needle jet in place is assembled incorrectly, (upside down and /or backwards) when you look down inside there is a small divot in the plate near the needle ,it should be  protruding downward ,  you should be able to see light through the two tiny holes that go completely through the bottom of the slide ,the brass plate needs to be aligned to allow this, as air moves back and forth through them when the slide moves up and down.

my old work mates called me MacGyver
  IP Logged
Mitsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #16 - 01/11/18 at 01:48:27

Ehm the slide has the spring in it with an extra tube to hold the spring in place, the slide stuck when it was completely down so not up, its strange because when i move it with my hand its completely free but still got stuck somehow, found this out when the bike didnt pull as it used to. I couldnt find the oil ZDDP containment. All it says is 4T 20w-40 SAE API SJ; JASO MA-2 (JASO T903: 2006) ACTEVO Castrol.

Im gonna fix this sxrew with the spring and rubber ring and try to ride with it for a longer period.
Thanks guys

IP Logged
Mitsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #17 - 01/11/18 at 01:50:21

Oh btw the needle inside this slide is installed correctly, i can see trough these holes

IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Reply #18 - 01/11/18 at 02:17:07

BTW, that tube you mentioned, that holds the spring in place, is most likely a throttle restrictor. It stops the slide from opening fully. I had one in mine. I took it out and I got another 13 km/hr on the top speed, and another 500 rpm.

I made a thread about it here:

http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1487675612

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Mitsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #19 - 01/11/18 at 14:30:49

Oh thanks man, totally gonna remove that tube, didnt know about that! So i guess i finally found the cause, it was the fuel screw that did not have a rubber and metal ring inside it. Now its running fine again after weeks of searching Grin. It is still running with high rpms after releasing the throttle when the engine is hot, still no idea why. Thanks all for the nice, fast and useful replies!

IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #20 - 01/12/18 at 00:07:55

when you rebuilt the carb using two , did you place the brass washer on the main jet before screwing it in ? if it's not there the needle jet (the cylinder with the holes ) will fall away from the carb the depth of the missing washer and excess fuel will leak around it, and the tip of the needle will not seat.  And yes get rid of that tube around the spring on top ,we in the US had never seen or heard of it until IslandRoad  informed us of it . 53meters is about 168 ft , which is close to sea level ,if your running the stock main jet the bike could be running lean(is your header pipe turning blue?),it might be good to install a larger main jet .

IP Logged
Mitsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #21 - 01/12/18 at 06:31:56

Im gonna check in the evening today in the carb, the exhaust is getting yellow, i am sure the brass washer is still there. Im gonna remove the tube too, didnt have time for it yet! Thanks

IP Logged
Mitsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #22 - 01/14/18 at 08:20:36

So, after the savage finely running good, its using oil like gas, i drove yesterday like 50kms total, before i checked the oil it was nice in the middle of these 2 lines, now after i checked there is no oil visible!

Anyone know how this happens? this oil isnt cheap either at 14EUR/L

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #23 - 01/14/18 at 09:35:51

That's about $68.00/ gallon.
No idea how you could use that much oil in thirty miles.
I'd be looking at the oil truck drivers use.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #24 - 01/14/18 at 10:07:38

most likely your rings are gone.
take out sparky and look at the top of the piston.
is there a thick coat of carbon?
take a screw driver and scrape some off.
leaks?
air box drain tube?
total mileage?

WWW   IP Logged
batman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

osceola new york
Reply #25 - 01/14/18 at 10:53:38

her mileage is 64000 km ,40,000 miles

IP Logged
Mitsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #26 - 01/14/18 at 12:37:55

That's alot of money to ride a bike that is supposed to be cheaper than a car Tongue.
im gonna check all those tomorrow guys Since i have this bike (my first) im having so many problems with it.
Always when i drove it, it has like 10 drops of oil under it and i still dont know where it comes from.
thanks for replies!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #27 - 01/14/18 at 13:10:39

I'd start with tightening the through bolts that hold the pegs on. They clamp the case together. It will leak from the bottom of the engine if they are loose.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #28 - 01/14/18 at 15:35:19

You need to check your cam chain before long.

WWW   IP Logged
Mitsy
YaBB Newbies

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #29 - 01/16/18 at 03:50:03

If i need to check the cam-chain, do i need to replace the gaskets? because it looks like the previous owner already opened the engine and did a very bad job with the gaskets because i can see them everywhere around the engine. I did not check the spark yet, maybe im gonna do that today. I think about selling it again and buy a different, newer bike because when i drive im always scared that something else happens.

Thanks guys! You''ll hear from me

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
10/02/24 at 21:27:50

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Savage running bad

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.