Lousy low-life scum (Read 268 times)
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Lousy low-life scum
12/25/17 at 14:42:15

This morning sometime between 3 and 7:30, somebody stole my little Yamaha C3 scooter. Didn't bother the other scooters or the motorcycles or anything else that I can find.  Just that.

Everybody make sure you've got pictures, serial numbers and the like just for in case.  It makes things a little easier.

I seriously doubt I will ever see my scooter again but it's in the national stolen vehicles database just in case.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

The Kiewa Valley, Australia
Re: Lousy low-life scum
Reply #1 - 12/26/17 at 00:14:12

Steve, that sux!! I hate thieving low-lifes. My son recently moved interstate to find work after becoming qualified as an electrician. He woke one morning soon after, not long after buying all his tools, to find someone had stolen them all.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #2 - 12/26/17 at 00:17:49

They need jalapeno soaked boot ankle deep in the a55.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #3 - 12/26/17 at 01:43:52

justin_o_guy2 wrote on 12/26/17 at 00:17:49:
They need jalapeno soaked boot ankle deep in the a55.

What he said ^^

My boss is a real good guy, and a hard working small business owner. I've seen him not take any wages so he can pay me and the other guy at work. Last Christmas some locals broke into the shop and stole two dirt-bikes to give to their kids!

We eventually got them back. They had spray painted all over them, but never ridden them (The bikes had been sitting in the showroom for a while, and the thieves couldn't figure out how to get them started). They even came into the shop three days later to buy a tyre for the bike they stole!

We turned one of the recovered bikes into a 'project bike'. My job was to clean it up (tearing it down and polishing every bolt to remove the spray paint) then we sprayed the crankcase, made some custom parts, and added a sticker kit ... it came up a treat.

We lost money on the job, but hey, we had fun, and we can sleep at night ... and some kid got a sweet custom pit bike.

S40, 2014, Dyna, Raptor, 52.5/152.5, spacer mod, sea level, cat-eye LED tail light, bullet style halogen turn signals, 'Superbars' with custom 40mm risers, modified stock seat, Metzeler tyres.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #4 - 12/26/17 at 02:21:09

When folks steal your stuff......it really makes you feel violated.  We work hard to get the things we want, are careful about not paying too much, and we scrimp and save.........then somebody feels that they can just take it from us.  It is really sad.

I grew up in a rural area in northern Ohio - 50 years ago when I was a kid we never locked our house or buildings, the keys were always left in our cars, and we never had anything stolen.  I now live in a similar rural area, and every year or somebody will break into a neighbors house during the day and steal things.  Our house sits back from the road far enough that it is not visible from the street - and we have a locked gate, an alarm system, a dog, and double locks on all the doors.

There were 3 fellows that broke into the house across the street last year at 10:30 AM.  They got caught as a neighbor who is a bar tender and home in the morning saw them break in and called the police, and he has a great camera with a long lens and he took photos while they were carrying stuff out.  The fellows were all previous felons and had met in jail - they ended up turning in a ring of about a dozen fellows.  A lot of the local thefts are related to drug addictions.

Sorry for your loss......I feel bad that you got your scooter stolen on Christmas!

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #5 - 12/26/17 at 06:00:03

Probably somebody else got it for a "Christmas"  present!

I am just a little south of you in Liberty, SC, and when I moved down here, I was shocked to know that titles (or at least MSO's (manufacturers statement of origin)) are not required to use any of these:  trailers, mopeds, sport vehicles like 4-wheelers, etc.  

These sorts of vehicles are easy pickins

Shame on whoever stole it!!

Look me up sometime, maybe we could go for a ride.  I like to take back roads up through western NC to the Parkway and back!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #6 - 12/26/17 at 06:02:25

Dave wrote on 12/26/17 at 02:21:09:
I grew up in a rural area in northern Ohio - 50 years ago

What part of Ohio?  I grew up in Canton - Football HOF!

"The difference between death and taxes is that death doesn't change every time congress meets." - Will Rogers
  IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #7 - 12/26/17 at 06:05:15

On those types of vehicles it may be worth the effort to wire in a "secret" switch - like a kill switch - that only YOU know about!

Also, on my Trek bikes, I would take off the handlebar grip, and put in a protected paper with my name and address and phone number.  Something that would help PROVE your ownership in the event that the ownership is under contention.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #8 - 12/26/17 at 06:42:42

You can also take a set of steel stamps, letters & numbers, and with a hammer stamp your last name on an under part of the frame.  Most folks never look at the underside of a frame and with it stamped into the metal frame it would be much harder to remove if they did find it.  Even a spot ground down in the exact location you say your name is located in would certainly be suspect.
Also, be sure to write down any identification numbers on the frame & engine.  They all have something.  You could even carefully stamp your name on to the engine case as well.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #9 - 12/26/17 at 06:57:12

It's a sad commentary on American society.
They steal thousands of dollars worth of stuff to get a few hundred dollars worth of drugs.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
IslandRoad
Serious Thumper

It doesn't vibrate,
it purrs!

Reply #10 - 12/26/17 at 07:25:57

The VIN had been ground off the stolen pit bikes, however:

The police were able to identify one of the stolen pit bikes because the boss had 'borrowed' an engine mount bolt from one of the showroom bikes, to finish a repair on a customers bike. He told the police which bolt was missing - that was enough to get both bikes back.

IP Logged
Steve H
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spartanburg, SC
Reply #11 - 12/27/17 at 18:07:32

I hope it is found.  I do have the VIN and a bill of sale from when I got it. They guy I got it from said he will be happy to come to court and testify he sold it to me if it comes to that. I, sadly, have resigned myself to never seeing it again, though.

The state will start requiring registrations on mopeds in November 2018, mostly due to the run-away moped thefts in the state.

This was targeted.  It was not visible from the road. They knew exactly where it was and got it and nothing else. They didn't bother the vino 10 feet away, the dirt bike 8 feet away, any of my street bikes or my other scooter. They didn't get anything else off the carport. Welders, weedeaters, etc. all still right there.  

They were even quiet enough to not wake the dog. He wakes me every time he starts barking and if somebody was in the yard and he knew it, he would have been having a fit.

Luckily I didn't have a whole lot of money in it. . . Doesn't make me feel any better though.

The cops could care less.  I filed a report. They didn't even come out. Just called me and took the info over the phone. Didn't ask for pictures or identifying markings and was very surprised when I could give him the VIN. You could tell he felt he had much better things to be doing from the way he acted on the phone.

I'm watching CL and several other local area for sale sites. I've got eyes all over town that know my scoot looking out for it. Local repair shops have been notified. I'll be checking the pawn shops every few days for the next couple months. They'll have to get a repalcement ignition switch or hotwire it to get it to run.

When I grew up, I was like Dave. We didn't lock doors, could leave keys in the car. Nobody bothered anything. And that was less than 10 miles from here.

87 LS650, 2005 Ninja 250, 2009 Yamaha C3, 2001 Honda Reflex. On 2 wheels since 6/80.
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #12 - 12/28/17 at 03:25:23

piedmontbuckeye wrote on 12/26/17 at 06:02:25:

I grew up in Winona, near Salem.

On special date nights we would drive an hour to Canton or Youngstown......to see what the big city had to offer.  With the improved roads those trips are now only 30 minute drives. 

IP Logged
piedmontbuckeye

Go Bucks!

Easley, SC
Reply #13 - 12/28/17 at 05:11:10

Dave wrote on 12/28/17 at 03:25:23:
piedmontbuckeye wrote on 12/26/17 at 06:02:25:

I grew up in Winona, near Salem.

On special date nights we would drive an hour to Canton or Youngstown......to see what the big city had to offer.  With the improved roads those trips are now only 30 minute drives. 

I know the area well.  When I was a teen with my Honda, I used to ride that road over towards you (Route 62) on Fridays and Saturday evenings and hit the "restaurant row" there in Alliance.  Do you remember Quaker City Dragway?  I used to go there a lot.  I was also a member of the Western Reserve MC club, and raced a LOT of winter Hare Scrambles there.  I won a lot of them in my class, and that was my favorite place to ride along with the race just south of Canton run by Mathias who owned the BMW dealer in Dover.  Did you ever go over to the Honda dealer in Canton, right there on Route 62 called Park Honda & Marine?  That is where I used to work!

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #14 - 12/28/17 at 05:32:01

Yes, I remember Park Honda and Marine - I had been there a few times.

I worked at Action Sport Cycle in Alliance, back when Charlie Delinks and Gary Pontius were the guys in charge.  Later on I worked at Salem Cycle World.

There was an old strip mine across the road from Quaker City Drag Strip, and we used to ride our dirt bikes in that strip mine back in 1970-1974.  I can still remember riding there one day when the ground was muddy and it was snowing - by the end of the day we were coated in mud, and the bikes must have been 100 pounds heavier from all the frozen mud stuck to the frame and wheels.  My first race bike was a Yamaha DT175 that had been converted into a race bike, then I got a 1973 Suzuki TM125 and the next year got a new 1974 model.  (It wasn't that hard to update when a new bike was only about $650 with the racers discount Action Sport Cycle gave me).

The last time I raced a motorcycle in competition was around 1979 and it was a 4 hour hare scrambles at the Western Reserve MC Club.  It was a team hare scrambles and I was riding with the owners son named Rick Fletcher - we would ride about 5 laps and then switch.  I was riding an Ossa 250 Enduro and the son was riding an Ossa GP3.  The enduro began to run poorly after half an hour so we ended up just riding the GP3 for most of the race.  We won the 250 class - which was pretty amazing as it was his first race ever - and I never raced a 250 before and I hadn't ridden a dirt bike in 3 years as I was living in Cincinnati and going to college at the time!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
09/30/24 at 14:32:02

General CategoryThe Cafe › Lousy low-life scum

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.