Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
USA Today Got To The Point (Read 35 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

USA Today Got To The Point
12/13/17 at 17:14:38

An editorial in USA Today put into words how many feel (not just me) about our president.

The most succinct part (IMHO):

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.  

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2017/12/12/trump-lows-ever-hit-rock-bot...

This is why I continue on the point of him being a lame duck after the tax-cut vote.  Win or lose, I think DC will rid themselves of him.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Re: USA Today Got To The Point
Reply #1 - 12/13/17 at 18:40:03

but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.  

Is that the same Bush who shoved firecrackers in frogs mouths?
I don't like him. I don't believe he's is a decent man.
Obama was who he was.. I didn't agree with him, his Stated goals weren't anything I could appreciate, but I would trust him over Bush IF he said he would do something. I'd trust him to at Least actually Try.
I don't want either as friends.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 12/14/17 at 00:52:24

Bush is part of the cartel, Obama was not.
I still say after Ross Perot, Obama was that Hope and Change folks want.
But it’s a big machine that ate him up.

Trump, is just bad seed.

He is being used, by many, but too, I think there are some real spooky folk that his crap is inciting.....
He won mostly because he wasn’t a Bush or Clinton.
The media set him up as a patsy, and I think him winning is driving them nuts!
Talk about biting yourself in the butt!

I mean, there is nothing wrong with saying let’s make America great, but you don’t do it by saying my way or F U.

Ya know, I don’t even like talking about him, I find him that unsavory....
But I don’t think he will change, that is why I think folks, including the media, just need to move on and not take his bait....
Folks are acting just like him, lowering the standards and acting crazy.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
eau de sauvage
Serious Thumper

Queensland
Reply #3 - 12/14/17 at 01:30:03

You clearly did not read the editorial which I linked to as well in an earlier post. the editorial clearly mentions both Republicans and Democrat ex presidents and points out their omissions and commissions. Trumps endorsement of pedophiles amongst his many demeaning attacks to so many women and his attempt at public humiliation and s.lut shaming them, not to mention the disgrace he has brought to the office of the presidency which is unpresidented (as the illiterate donald would say) and will certainly never ben seen again.

[quote author=504F494E53546555655D4F43083A0 link=1513214078/0#1 date=1513219203]but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.  

Is that the same Bush who shoved firecrackers in frogs mouths?
I don't like him. I don't believe he's is a decent man.
Obama was who he was.. I didn't agree with him, his Stated goals weren't anything I could appreciate, but I would trust him over Bush IF he said he would do something. I'd trust him to at Least actually Try.
I don't want either as friends.
[/quote]

MAGA! Make the Assholes Go Away
  IP Logged
ruckus430

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 12/15/17 at 00:25:51

T And T Garage wrote on 12/13/17 at 17:14:38:
Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

There's no two ways about this quote right here, whether you support him or not, no matter how you slice it. If you support trump you fully understand exactly of what character he is made of, and with that support, you stain the fabric of your own.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 12/15/17 at 07:40:06

I've never met anyone who voted for him who didn't see his flaws.
The options made him the best choice.
We had over ten other bubs to choose from in the primaries, and trump won,
Because we have been screwed by the establishment, status quo criminals for so long. We Took a Chance. I still think he's the least crappy choice. So far the dire predictions of a crashed economy and a nuclear war that his insanity and stupidity would surely cause have not materialized.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 02:55:29

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › USA Today Got To The Point

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.