Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Why Democrats win even if they lose in Alabama (Read 42 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Why Democrats win even if they lose in Alabama
12/10/17 at 09:42:00

So, read the article, I get one or two things from it....

They think the south is too stupid to see this message already, so it didn't motivate folks enough to beat Moore, or, folks already know about it, golly really????
And it doesn't factor in like they hope it would, so, they will try it on a national level.....????

Me thinks if you had held Slick Willie to the same scrutiny, perhaps their message would resonate, ya think  Grin

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/12/10/democrats-alabama-roy-moore-doug-jo...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Why Democrats win even if they lose in Alabama
Reply #1 - 12/10/17 at 11:07:32

This analysis is wrong. No one is going to change their vote a year from now based on Moore's victory. The idea that Democrat's message about hypocrisy regarding their support of Moore will trump Republican's retort about Democrat's hypocrisy supporting Clinton is ridiculous.

And everyone knows if Minnesota's governor were Republican; Al Franken would still be a Senator today.

Speaking of which, Franken didn't resign yet. If Moore wins Tuesday and the Senate seats him (which they will) Franken may change his mind claiming Moore did worse than him and The Republic needs him.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #2 - 12/10/17 at 12:01:04

Which if he does then he runs smack dab into why everyone told him he needs to resign.
Which would either prove confrontational, or expose the ploy and disingenuous actions of the democrats.

Don’t know if you saw the results of a DNC powwow this last week, trying to script what they need to do to win, the biggest factor that a lot of folks put forth was to get rid of the super delegates....
You mean, to let common folk have a shot at winning?

I believe it could help, but the underlying elitism will have to forfeit its power for this to take hold, and I do not think Hollywood and New York are ready to embrace just plain old folks into leading roles...

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
oldNslow
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Rochester, NY
Reply #3 - 12/10/17 at 17:54:11

Quote:
Speaking of which, Franken didn't resign yet. If Moore wins Tuesday and the Senate seats him (which they will) Franken may change his mind claiming Moore did worse than him and The Republic needs him.

Probably what's going to happen. I hope so 'cause I can't wait to hear what Kirsten Gillibrand, junior senator from New York, and Hillary's replacement when Hillary became Secretary of State,  and who led the charge of all the the female senators demanding Franken resign, has to say then.

Kirsten has been Chuck Schumer's sock-puppet ever since she was appointed, and if Chuckie suddenly decides that Franken needs to  "unresign" on account of the country needs him now, little Kirsten is going to have to eat a pretty large helping of crow.

The shuckin' and jivin' is going to be fun to watch.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #4 - 12/10/17 at 20:46:21

oldNslow wrote on 12/10/17 at 17:54:11:
Quote:

Probably what's going to happen. I hope so 'cause I can't wait to hear what Kirsten Gillibrand, junior senator from New York, and Hillary's replacement when Hillary became Secretary of State,  and who led the charge of all the the female senators demanding Franken resign, has to say then.

Kirsten has been Chuck Schumer's sock-puppet ever since she was appointed, and if Chuckie suddenly decides that Franken needs to  "unresign" on account of the country needs him now, little Kirsten is going to have to eat a pretty large helping of crow.

The shuckin' and jivin' is going to be fun to watch.

—————————————————————————————————————-

I just don’t see this happening guys....
First off, the democrats have called out folks of their own party to resign.
Even without going into the possibility as to why, even angering the Black Caucus with Conyers, etc, the fact is, they have.

With Moore, he has been met with republicans opposition to him, however, he is not in office.
One could even say the democrats and media are playing the role of Russia, in deciding the outcome of a election they can’t even vote in, unless they are in Alabama.

If he does decide to stay, it will be ugly, real ugly.

You know, a swamp can smell, has a distinct odor, and it can be a bit much, but as time wears on, you often learn to not notice, as you sorta block it out I guess....
However, when the water lowers, as it’s being drained, or whatever, the muck and sludge, the source of that smell, was covered up by that water...

Maybe what we are beginning to smell is the stench of what has been covered up way too long....... ya think?

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #5 - 12/11/17 at 01:57:47

ys....
First off, the democrats have called out folks of their own party to resign.
Even without going into the possibility as to why, even angering the Black Caucus with Conyers, etc, the fact is, they have.

Yeah, they have. But Franken isn't Actually gone.
The lefties are Using their
Demands for Their Guys to resign in order to Appear honest.
The GOAL is Trump.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 12/11/17 at 04:54:50

People, Democrats ran Ted Kennedy for President AFTER he drowned a girl in his car! You think they're gonna be conflicted about Franken? Please....

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #7 - 12/11/17 at 08:42:12

WebsterMark wrote on 12/11/17 at 04:54:50:
People, Democrats ran Ted Kennedy for President AFTER he drowned a girl in his car! You think they're gonna be conflicted about Franken? Please....

Fair point Web, and I see how they acted with Slick, which Hillary revised, but still used the subject against Trump, that is glaring hypocrisy to honest voters....
Which, might help explain the Bernie votes of the party.

However, I think the democrats are waking up to the fact that running against someone is exposing themselves as well, when they go negative, led by the Clinton's and Pelosi's, etc.

I will give them the benefit of doubt, for now.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
06/25/24 at 22:15:01

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Why Democrats win even if they lose in Alabama

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.