Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Re: Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.
Reply #345 - 07/09/18 at 17:15:12

I'm not really sure what my time window is for taking a week.  I am thinking if I do not take one soon it may get more difficult. But riding in 90 degrees plus weather is not that much fun. I do that (90 degrees +) over here all the time but for an hour or so at a time max. Once it gets in the triple digits it is just ridiculous.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #346 - 07/09/18 at 17:17:00

I just realized you are talking an August high of less than 80. Man, that is cold weather.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #347 - 07/09/18 at 19:29:45

springman wrote on 07/09/18 at 14:58:07:
Versey, sorry I let you down also. I was really looking forward to the August adventure but just no way I can take off for 2 weeks at once at this time due to the construction of our new building.  

Don't worry about it, we'll do it when the time is right.  I just don't want to go there haulin' a bucket of ashes.   Wink

WWW   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #348 - 07/10/18 at 10:10:41

Well Versey, you and I are the same age and I think we both look OK for our age. So, I'm not too concerned about waiting another year or so for that ride. On the other hand, MM has a few years on us, he's getting pretty old. I hope he can hang with us. Cool

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #349 - 07/10/18 at 12:20:31

Maybe we should plan a Rushmore trip as a prep for this trip.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #350 - 07/10/18 at 20:50:10

. On the other hand, MM has a few years on us, he's getting pretty old. I hope he can hang with us.    

Angry   I heard that ! … well its better than the alternative !  Wink

…………………………………………………..

Springman , you going to Lancer's that first day out ?

Actually , I had to work to keep-up with Stew leading on that last Two-Wheels of Ga. ride .  Embarrassed  either I'm slowing down or Stew is making fast look easy !   Roll Eyes

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #351 - 07/11/18 at 10:19:28

I was just taking a jab a you MM. Just stirring things up a bit. Grin

I'm not sure what you are talking about when you mention going to Lancer's. This year has gotten a bit complicated at work and I cannot leave for 2 weeks for the Montana/South Dakota trip. I will hopefully be able to have a full week off sometime soon.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #352 - 07/11/18 at 22:12:04

That's OK , my calendar is kind of crowded too .   My son is going to Air Force Basic (he thinks Sept.) so I'm in for more Family time as Sept. gets near …
if I slip away for a three day Dragon Run that might be OK but a two-week Western Adventure just ain't going to work this year.    Embarrassed

Then next year it will just be me and the wife so I think putting the bike in the truck and us meeting ya at the campground might be the normal run of events.    
OR
I might be limited to one adventure a year when leaving the wife "home alone" .    
SO
that could be a two week  "Western Adventure" … ?    Huh  
Lancer's place is one days ride west of me (580'ish miles)  and a good place to meet folks coming out of Texas and there about .

…………………………………………………

I'm still feeling good about 600 mile super slab days and/or 10 hours in the saddle (back roads) per day.    Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #353 - 07/16/18 at 08:38:54

Lancer's is also a one day ride for me (about 400 miles north). If I can get the time off from work I am up to riding to his place just about any time he invites us. I was poking fun at you MM, but you have a harder backside than do I. I'm not sure I am good for much more than 400 miles in a day.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #354 - 07/16/18 at 10:48:33

Springman, you have an invite anytime you want to ride up here.
Just let me know ahead of time to make sure i’m Not scheduled for something that would interfere.
That invite is for anyone Here on the forum too.  Just holler first.

I’ve got medical app. Jul 25, MAMA’s Birthday dinner Jul 27 (90 years) CMA Jul 31 & Aug4, and medical Aug 9 & 20, CMA Sep 4 & 8.
That’s a few things to ride around but there is space in between to do stuff, a week or two here and there.

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #355 - 07/16/18 at 10:51:49

verslagen1 wrote on 07/10/18 at 12:20:31:
Maybe we should plan a Rushmore trip as a prep for this trip.

Do you have a timeframe in mind ?

IP Logged
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #356 - 07/16/18 at 16:26:02

Thanks Lancer.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #357 - 07/17/18 at 10:35:08

Hay Lancer , whats the CMA doing (CMA Jul 31 & Aug4,) .   I saw where ya'lls state rally was in April.    Smiley

……………………………….…………..

Springman , if the truth be known my rear is ready for a break after 8 hours in the saddle too !    Most of the time even a little Sonner !  Grin

LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #358 - 07/17/18 at 15:27:05

MMRanch wrote on 07/17/18 at 10:35:08:
Hay Lancer , whats the CMA doing (CMA Jul 31 & Aug4,) .   I saw where ya'lls state rally was in April.    Smiley

……………………………….…………..

Springman , if the truth be known my rear is ready for a break after 8 hours in the saddle too !    Most of the time even a little Sonner !  Grin

Officers mtg. And chapter mtg.

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #359 - 07/17/18 at 22:22:27

I was hope ing you'd say "Fun Run" or something similar …  Roll Eyes ,  

odd's are my son will leave for AF Basic the 4th of Sept.   so I'm doing family stuff till then .    

During "Basic" you know what a change takes place , so I'm getting all this "before" time I can get.  

Thanks for the invite , I hope to take ya up on it later on.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 02:24:30

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.