Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #15 - 12/11/17 at 06:16:08

Gary:

Road trips on the Cafe' bike are not really possible, and I would be hauling my Cafe' bike in a trailer as well.  My enclosed trailer provides my sleeping area...although I could also bring a tent.  A campground with a bath and shower is a necessity - I really don't like going to bed without first taking a shower!

Dave

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #16 - 12/11/17 at 06:39:35

Dave wrote on 12/11/17 at 06:16:08:
Gary:

Road trips on the Cafe' bike are not really possible, and I would be hauling my Cafe' bike in a trailer as well.  My enclosed trailer provides my sleeping area...although I could also bring a tent.  A campground with a bath and shower is a necessity - I really don't like going to bed without first taking a shower!

Dave

Amen to that !

IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #17 - 12/11/17 at 21:12:16

So what's in a name :  

Don't miss the great start to the Spring Rally Season.

I highly recommend this Rally.  Curtis and Tanna are two of the nicest folks that you'd ever want to meet.  Food is delicious and the deserts are out of this world.  The large wooded venue features meadow and piney woods campsites.  Large pavilion and full bar.
Plenty to do in the area including visiting an early German settlement and the Bonnie and Clyde ambush site and museum.  Good riding through the North Louisiana pines.  

Apr 20 to Apr 22, 2018
LOUISIANA MGNOC STATE RALLY

Come pass a good time with us at the Valhalla Motorcycle Campground in Homer, Louisiana. Will be kick-en tires and tell-en lies in the beautiful piney woods of North Louisiana . Camping is FREE! But you must buy your adult beverages from the Valhalla Bar that is located on the premises, NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL ALLOWED ON PREMISES. Special package prices for beer and liquor will be available for camp-side consumption. dinners for the weekend will be provided by Curtis and Tanna for a cost $40 and you will pay them directly when you are ready to eat (payments must be cash or credit card only � No personal checks). You are responsible for all of your other meals at the rally. Valhalla Motorcycle Campground offers lots of open or shaded camping area with two showers and a group campfire area (That's where all that kick-en tires and tell-in lies takes place). The bar has a large covered pavilion overlooking a fishing pond. Valhalla Motorcycle Campground is located at 3000 Dutchtown Road, Homer Louisiana 71040. Check them out at www.valhalla-mc.com. For more info contact: Louisiana State Rep. Mark Perry at 337-523-2518

got it on the Guzzi site , but I'm sure any Bikers would be welcome , anybody been there ?  

If its going to be a rain free weekend , we can use my house as a stage ing area , if its on your way ... $40.oo for three nice dinners ain't too bad , and free camping too !   Smiley

Might be something annual ?

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #18 - 12/12/17 at 05:43:34

MM,

Go to Google maps, hit the hamburger symbol on the upper left, change the map view to satellite view and then you can easily see if there is any riding worth having in any given area.  

Louisiana not so much I am afraid ....   but the campground being right in the middle of town seemed interesting enough, till you satellite view to see there isn't much to the town to the town in the first place.

Yep, on satellite view a squiggly road running up through some rather rough terrain generally signals good riding.

===================================================

You and Dave need to PM one another and decide who is doing the main week long farm trip this year.

Stewmills and I both managed to miss Dave's last year   Wink   and I got plumb cheated out of MM's by my ex-bosses at work.   I like MM's because the shooting is always relatively easy and close by but Dave's sure has more curvey sweeper type roads than you can shake a stick at .....   and his garage space is to die for.    If you bring your ultra lite cheat'n rig you can play with them itty bitty miniature catfish out in his pond, too.

(something to like at each place, in other words).

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #19 - 12/12/17 at 06:11:12

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/12/17 at 05:43:34:

You and Dave need to PM one another and decide who is doing the main week long farm trip this year.

Stewmills and I both managed to miss Dave's last year   Wink  

There was no "Dave's Farm" last year - I only did that in 2016.  We need to give the catfish time to regenerate another bumper crop.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #20 - 12/12/17 at 06:15:38

Wait, how long does it take for miniature 2' long catfish to regenerate anyway ????

I thought you said that they had already repopulated good enough when you walked to the edge with that scoop of fishy feed and did a rough poll count on 'um by seeing how much the water boiled when the feed it it.

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #21 - 12/12/17 at 06:26:42

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/12/17 at 06:15:38:

Wait, how long does it take for miniature 2' long catfish to regenerate anyway ????

I thought you said that they had already repopulated good enough when you walked to the edge with that scoop of fishy feed and did a rough poll count on 'um by seeing how much the water boiled when the feed it it.

It is a small pond; not much room for the hundreds of fish in there.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #22 - 12/12/17 at 06:39:56

Versy caught the most fish, he did .....

I held the most fish ------ and MM slab sided the most fish and then he fried them, still alive and twitching.

We were not very nice to them little pet ornamental fishies that were living in Dave's pond.

Roll Eyes

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #23 - 12/12/17 at 08:12:26

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/12/17 at 06:39:56:

Versy caught the most fish, he did .....

After you figured out how, set up the rig, demonstrated and all but handed a beer.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #24 - 12/12/17 at 10:15:57

We were not very nice to them little pet ornamental fishies that were living in Dave's pond.  

Yea , but we did something Nice with them !  Smiley

That was defiantly a "TRIP FOR THE RECORD BOOK"    Cool

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion ,that we may never know
springman
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Spring, Texas
Reply #25 - 12/12/17 at 10:22:06

Hey ya'll. I have to be home on April 25 for my son's birthday but other than that count me in on the Twisted Sisters ride. That one I would like to think is pretty much a given for me.

I would like to do at least one of the further away rides, MM's, Dave's, Black Hills. Once tentative dates are available I should be able to commit.

06 S40 seat mod, airhawk, HD muffler, Shinko 712 140-90-15 rear tire, Shinko 230 front tire, versy cam chain tensioner, Rotella oil, Volar brake pads, EBC clutch & springs
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #26 - 12/12/17 at 10:51:46

verslagen1 wrote on 12/10/17 at 09:30:03:
LANCER wrote on 12/09/17 at 15:34:59:
Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country  Mid to Late April  
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1438888894
Youzguyz/Verslagen1/Lancer

Let's copy the section you're voting for and see where it goes - V1

Made an edit, hope that's what you intended.

This ride does have some issues with rain and a wee bit nippy but not too bad.  The cabins at Kerrville in April are easy to get... I don't think we need to put a reservation in far in advance... a couple of weeks would be fine.  MMR could consult his almanac and get a fairly reasonable date along with accuweather.

Yep, I just wanted to add my name.

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #27 - 12/12/17 at 12:16:38

At this point - I just can't commit to being able to host a group ride at my house in 2018.  In 2017 I spent way too much time at work, and my home upkeep suffered....I need to spend a lot of time this spring/summer catching up on the neglected stuff.  I was at work 12 ours most days, and it just didn't leave enough time or energy for the work that should have been done at home.  Also my mother is turning 90 at the end of February, and she has finally admitted she needs to move off the family farm where she lives alone.  I just don't know what it will take to get her moved, or when it will happen.

If I end up missing a group ride I can do that easily - provided that the ride is not at my house!

Maybe if I can get a lot done in the spring/summer.....I can have a weekend ride based at my house in late summer.

I will plan on hosting a ride from my place in 2019. Smiley

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #28 - 12/12/17 at 16:30:05

MM, that's your cue .......

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #29 - 12/12/17 at 18:22:53

Shoot and Scoot ?

Day-Ride every day ?

Road Kill on the Grill every evening ? (or what ever we bring home)

I think I'm beginning to like this !

Coffee every morning ?

Breakfast at Woodards soon as everybody is up and about ?

Fast Food for lunch .

Swinging target Spinning with 22LR/pelets.

Iron target clanging on the hill side .

Hay this could be Fun !   Cool

Some time just sitting in the Shade  .

Bunk-house w/skippy Wi-Fi or Net-Flicks  every evening.

Smiley

I'm going to have to get an Almanac to check the long range weather !  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/29/24 at 07:08:19

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.