Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25
Send Topic Print
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings. (Read 3593 times)
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.
12/09/17 at 14:36:43

Last year http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1472962902/0

THESE EVENTS ARE IN PLANNING AND DISCUSSION RIGHT UP TO THE GO DAY -- THE CONCRETE HAS NOT SET COMPLETELY YET UNTIL IT IS OVER.     Plugging your name in to show your interest, this gives us a tool for seeing who is really going plus the folks who are going can start the refinement process on dates and activities.

So far we got the following items left in the rough order of doing them.   Adding something is easy, talk it up some, put a firm date to it and we will see if folks are interested by if they sign up for it.

Here's what we did last year...

Lancer Oklahoma trip      

Kickstand Lodge    
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZGNOB5m5Ro&t=166s
http://kickstandlodge.com/rates.html
From here it is a short hop up to the Dragon, and to all the really neat surrounding roads we love to ride.    For East Coast beginners, this is one of the closest (and the BEST) Southeastern trip possible.   Some have argued the area is the BEST BIKING IN AMERICA and I might have to agree with them.  

MM's farm      

Still in planning...
Indian Paintbrush Campground near Denver  

Twisted Sister Run

Black Hills

And here is a tool to use in locating some no cost camping when travelling to get to the rides:

https://freecampsites.net

verslagen1 wrote on 09/23/16 at 12:07:57:
2016 Rally listing
========================================
Twisted Sister Run, Texas Hill Country  Mid to Late April  
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1438888894
Youzguyz/Springman/MMRanch/Art Webb/Verslagen1
Thunder Beach Run,  Apr 27th-May1st     Location of run is Panama Beach / St. Augustine
http://thunderbeachproductions.com/rally-info/events/603-thunder-beachr-autum...
?
July Stecoah NC trip (near Dragon) - July 22-30
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1454499524/0
stewmills/MMRanch/Dave
Dave's Farm Run, Scoot and Shoot along with 20 pound Catfish wrassling    (mid August)
http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1454094115
Dave/Lancer/Oldfeller/MMRanch/Verslanen1

If you see anything missing let me know or fix it.

« Last Edit: 02/17/18 at 08:25:01 by Dave »  
WWW   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Re: Savage Events for 2018
Reply #1 - 12/09/17 at 15:34:59

Youzguyz/Verslagen1/Lancer

Let's copy the section you're voting for and see where it goes - V1

« Last Edit: 12/10/17 at 09:10:55 by verslagen1 »  
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #2 - 12/10/17 at 00:10:10

OK, we got a list up there at the top copied from 1-2 years ago when we were in our "trip rich" heyday.   Everyone put down everything they could think of for a desireable trip, then we got lots of folks who upvoted the trips then when the time came then harsh reality proceeded to set in.

We learned that "the big announced dates" had a natural issue or two.  Bad weather took out about half the trips and the folks that had to put in vacation long in advance had some other issues to deal with due to doing reschedule after reschedule.  

Me, personally,  I had to re-re-schedule vacation days so often it started to be treated as a joke by my supervisors at work.   The MM Ranch trip, heck,  they just abruptly cut that one off at the knees because school was in session and we had a rescheduled football game that weekend.   I was left holding 40 pounds of chicken in the freezer that had been planned for the trip.  

I was told by my management "to go some other time" ....     Tongue

We had trips rained out after paying for renting a cabin, we had honchos who were not able to get free to go on "their trips" that had list members signed up for them, we had "you name it" for diffferent issues crop up over the course of the year.

The oddest malady was two trips that had honchos that simply would not assign a firm date to the trips, which caused the trips to fail, naturally.

So, the big list had some issues as a way of setting up trips.

What did seem to work was the folks who wanted to go somewhere communicating directly by phone or PM.   These wound up being smaller trips of 3-4 people but they always came off and were successful.

So, understanding there are some issues with the "Big List" approach if you live close to some neat riding or some interesting event type stuff and want to honcho a group trip, speak up.   We will see if anyone wishes to do that trip and then you guys can beat out the details by phone, or PM or by on list discussion.

« Last Edit: 12/10/17 at 01:11:42 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #3 - 12/10/17 at 00:26:24

MM has said that he, Lancer and Verslagen have a tentative plan for a longer trip to go ride the Black Hills and has invited me to go.  I told him yes, but I have no details from him as to when or where beyond the group will be meeting up at Lancer's farm.   Contact person is MM.

Dave wants to do some shorter Wed-Sunday trips keying around roaming out from the Kickstand Lodge.  These trips are generally pleasurable and successful as there are many many many favorite roads in that area to explore.   Dave will have more to say on these when the time comes.

For the first long "retired guy" trip of the year, MM and I have discussed rolling down the Natchez Trace, then following a dotted line around the Gulf hopping from campground to campground, then messing about in Florida some.   This will be early in the year and you can tell we are rolling south purposefully to get to some warmer balmy weather as chronic ride starvation syndrome is a real thing by the tag end of winter ......  If we wanted to include the Thunder Beach Run in early MAY that would be OK as a ride through and look at it sort of thing.        

https://thunderbeachproductions.com/  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #4 - 12/10/17 at 00:50:41

It gets cold along the southern route too, maybe not as much as TN and NC, but cold anyway.  For balmy it is S. TX and S. FL, NM, AZ & S. CA.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #5 - 12/10/17 at 01:04:04

Lancer, you wanna go on on an early excursion seeking warm weather?    Gotta be some of it somewhere.   Florida keys if nothing else .....

« Last Edit: 12/10/17 at 23:03:56 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #6 - 12/10/17 at 04:11:53

Oldfeller--FSO wrote on 12/10/17 at 01:04:04:

Lancer, you wanna go on on an early excursion seeking warm weather?    Gotta be some of it somewhere.   Florida keys if nothing else .....

..... in any case you hit "quote" on Verslagen's whole first post up at the top of the thread, mind punching delete for us?

I added my name to the Twisted Sister ride. 😁

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #7 - 12/10/17 at 09:30:03

LANCER wrote on 12/09/17 at 15:34:59:
Youzguyz/Verslagen1/Lancer

Let's copy the section you're voting for and see where it goes - V1

Made an edit, hope that's what you intended.

This ride does have some issues with rain and a wee bit nippy but not too bad.  The cabins at Kerrville in April are easy to get... I don't think we need to put a reservation in far in advance... a couple of weeks would be fine.  MMR could consult his almanac and get a fairly reasonable date along with accuweather.

WWW   IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #8 - 12/10/17 at 17:29:55

I've enjoyed the two trips to S.Texas , and got rained on both times , I wonder if we went a week later if the rain would be over ?   I've got  a good rain suit either way ...

I have a different GPS and have forgot the name of the town we used as "home-base" .

Two long days to get into the area , ride around for 4-5 days and two days back . ...  Now that's a real ride !  Wink     I need to get a bike sticker from the Sisters this time .

I found it : http://kerrvilletx.gov/318/Kerrville-Schreiner-Park

$50.oo + tax / day per 6 people .   That is some "easy to live with rent" to my way of thinking.

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #9 - 12/10/17 at 21:20:14

I'm in for KSL and MMs farm. Tentative on any Dave`s farm trips if any develop. Had to miss Dave's last year.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #10 - 12/10/17 at 21:47:51

Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
SoC

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

New Jersey
Reply #11 - 12/10/17 at 21:57:49

Just a thought, but would there be interest in something in Jersey or the Northeast? I am at the Jersey shore. I know Gary, is located in what I would refer to as central Jersey, Armen, northeast. Plenty of places to go and see.

IP Logged
Oldfeller--FSO
Serious Thumper
ModSquad

Hobby is now
"concentrated
neuropany"

Fayetteville, NC
Reply #12 - 12/10/17 at 23:17:21

SOC, what you do is think of the areas that you like to do up where you live.   Then you find a place to put a tent or enough rug to park 2-3 guys.  

It isn't hard to put a trip together ......   just talk some about the places you'd like to go to.

« Last Edit: 12/11/17 at 02:01:39 by Oldfeller--FSO »  

Former Savage Owner
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #13 - 12/11/17 at 04:44:17

SoC wrote on 12/10/17 at 21:57:49:
Just a thought, but would there be interest in something in Jersey or the Northeast? I am at the Jersey shore. I know Gary, is located in what I would refer to as central Jersey, Armen, northeast. Plenty of places to go and see.

Gary_from_NJ and I are planning to get together somewhere in PA for a weekend.  No date or location has yet been selected.  The local experienced riders/travelers claim the PA roads are generally in poor shape, and they tend to schedule trips in other areas - we chose PA as it is a reasonable drive for both Gary and I.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Gary_in_NJ
Serious Thumper

LS650 Cafe Racer

Amongst the Twisty Roads
Reply #14 - 12/11/17 at 05:25:37

Dave wrote on 12/11/17 at 04:44:17:
Gary_from_NJ and I are planning to get together somewhere in PA for a weekend.  No date or location has yet been selected.  The local experienced riders/travelers claim the PA roads are generally in poor shape, and they tend to schedule trips in other areas - we chose PA as it is a reasonable drive for both Gary and I.  

I'm thinking the northern part of WV to the SW corner of PA - right in the heart of the Appalachian mountains. This would be something I would trailer my bike(s) to. I'm happy with primitive camping...but I'm even happier to have a bathroom and running water.

A life-time student of motorcycling.
LS650 Cafe, DRZ400SM, FZ6N, SV650S, CB900C, Ducati ST2, CB550F-SS
My LS650=> http://suzukisavage.com/yabb2.2/Attachments/Left.JPG
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 25
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/23/24 at 08:09:41

General CategoryThe Cafe › Savage Events for 2018 and other ramblings.

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.