Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Privately Financed Elections (Read 28 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Privately Financed Elections
11/13/17 at 21:54:20

This is the problem right here:

BOTH SIDES  I repeat - BOTH SIDES

Yet another reason to look at Justice Democrats.

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Re: Privately Financed Elections
Reply #1 - 11/14/17 at 00:39:16

Do you know how much the media is against changing the current system?

Where does all this money go..... it does not produce a product.

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/14/17 at 08:21:34

raydawg wrote on 11/14/17 at 00:39:16:
Do you know how much the media is against changing the current system?

Where does all this money go..... it does not produce a product.

Did you see how close Bernie got to the nomination?  He used zero PAC money.

Yes, the money goes to the media, but the media doesn't serve us.  Therein lies the problem, doesn't it?

IP Logged
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Reply #3 - 11/14/17 at 10:00:33

Not sure if we can assume much about Bernie's viability based on the last election..... if that is what you are referring to.

We had so many different factors in play, first, and I believe foremost, two very unfavorable main candidates.

That is HUGE.

Hillary was the most "normal" on the surface, but her deeds of cheating went way too far, circumventing the every votes counts equally, as it should.
The super delegates have to go, as well.

Trump garnered all sorts of votes, even did better that Mitch with the women and minorities, but I think it was a anti Hillary vote, not a endorsement of him, but we must also factor in Mitch ran against a Black man, that was surely a consideration, as well.

Trump won mostly because he wasn't Hillary, and the push back against DC, and PC is huge and growing, not because he was viable.
Folks still don't like the guy personally.

Bernie caught a lot of those who could not vote for either of those two idiots.
That was a big number too.

Just too many aberrations in that election to take much away from it.....

I think if Liz Warren keeps clean from the $$$$$, and can explain herself re: policies, etc, she can possible be a very strong choice.
I liked the fact she kept away from Clinton until the very end, her support was very weak of that Clinton apparatus.....
Only when it became apparent  of a Trump or a Clinton, was she forced to choose.

I read a lot into that.
She will need to stay far away from the Clinton effective's in the DNC, that is a cancer.  

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #4 - 11/14/17 at 12:40:57

raydawg wrote on 11/14/17 at 10:00:33:
Not sure if we can assume much about Bernie's viability based on the last election..... if that is what you are referring to.

What?  Did you NOT read what happened with the DNC?  Did you not see his poll numbers compared to tweety?  Did you not see how many small, private/individual donations he got?

We had so many different factors in play, first, and I believe foremost, two very unfavorable main candidates.

Yeah, and Bernie wasn't one of them.

That is HUGE.

Hillary was the most "normal" on the surface, but her deeds of cheating went way too far, circumventing the every votes counts equally, as it should.
The super delegates have to go, as well.

Agreed.

Trump garnered all sorts of votes, even did better that Mitch with the women and minorities, but I think it was a anti Hillary vote, not a endorsement of him, but we must also factor in Mitch ran against a Black man, that was surely a consideration, as well.

Mitch?  You mean mitt rmoney?
You can't even consider them in the same breath.  This was an anti-hillary vote.  That's pretty much it.

Trump won mostly because he wasn't Hillary, and the push back against DC, and PC is huge and growing, not because he was viable.
Folks still don't like the guy personally.

No, and his polls show it.  He's lost 9% of his base voters.  If the election were held today, he would lose - but that's not even worth going into.

Bernie caught a lot of those who could not vote for either of those two idiots.
That was a big number too.

Given his campaign and how it was financed, I'd say he was way out in front.

Just too many aberrations in that election to take much away from it.....

I think if Liz Warren keeps clean from the $$$$$, and can explain herself re: policies, etc, she can possible be a very strong choice.
I liked the fact she kept away from Clinton until the very end, her support was very weak of that Clinton apparatus.....
Only when it became apparent  of a Trump or a Clinton, was she forced to choose.

I read a lot into that.
She will need to stay far away from the Clinton effective's in the DNC, that is a cancer.  

Look at her reaction to the Dona B story of corruption at the DNC.  That says a lot. She refuses to defend the democratic establishment.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/02/24 at 21:43:24

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Privately Financed Elections

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.