Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Things on a bucket list (Read 711 times)
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Re: Things on a bucket list
Reply #30 - 11/15/17 at 22:17:53

Gary , Dave , and whoever else .   When ya get ready let me know and if at all possible I'll meet ya'll there !  
If we plan a set date you know it will rain us out , but some week when the weather looks  good  we can just GO !  

I'll probably just ride the Savage following the GPS Fastest way till we meet up , then there will be plenty of back roads.  Smiley

One day there , three days to ride , one day back home !  1000 miles easy !    yeeeehaaaa    Grin

Any of those campgrounds looks just fine , and I will usually bring a tent even if I don't use it.   That Walnut Flats would be just dandy , but I don't mind paying for a campsite if necessary .
I carry those baby-wipe things so a shower isn't even necessary till my hair gets oily.     I guess one could take care of the hair problem at a bathroom sink ----   Wink

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
WWW MMRanch MMRanch   IP Logged
LANCER
Serious Thumper
Alliance Member

Savage Beast
Performance Parts

Oklahoma
Reply #31 - 11/16/17 at 04:31:51

Just dunk your head in a creek, you'll be fine ! 😉😁

IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #32 - 11/16/17 at 05:54:49

As 2018 approaches...we can set some target dates.  It might be best to pick the days in advance, then allow for a cancellation if the weather just doesn't work out.  My schedule is most likely going to allow for arrival Wednesday night  and departure on Sunday.

For the trips to the Kickstand Lodge and Two Wheels of Suches - the camping is cheap and the bathhouses are great.  I really need a shower after riding in those 90-95 degree summer days!

For a trip to the Back of the Dragon - it is pretty much an all day ride for MM, Oldfeller and I to get there.  I most likely will ride the Honda down for the trip and enjoy the back roads on the way. My route has some really fun looking roads to travel once I get to the southern half.
https://www.mapquest.com/directions/from/us/ky/melbourne/41059-9348/7256-kohl...

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #33 - 11/16/17 at 06:44:00

Filthy Biker Trash.  Grin

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #34 - 11/16/17 at 07:06:07

Ruttly wrote on 11/16/17 at 06:44:00:
Filthy Biker Trash.  Grin

With my full coverage helmet and armored jacket.....it is better described as "Sweaty and Sticky Biker Trash"....especially if we get stuck in traffic and can't maintain enough speed to keep me......"fresh"!

« Last Edit: 11/16/17 at 11:02:40 by Dave »  

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #35 - 11/16/17 at 10:06:54

Just part of it ! We all get that way ! Throwing the sportster around on some twisties for an hour or two and I'm ready for the rain room !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #36 - 11/16/17 at 19:23:20

Baby wipes are good in a pinch.    Wink    But I'm all for showers !  Smiley

I see and feel the Holy Spirit in the world , as does anybody who has eyes to see. How far Man's corruption reaches into Organized Religion , we may never know
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #37 - 10/12/18 at 17:20:33

Any body know anything about this place :

http://www.kytwisted.com/forums/index.php/topic/2511-hillbilly-triangle-2014/

Dave has been talking about the Boone National Forest .

Huh

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #38 - 10/13/18 at 04:01:48

Irvine, KY is on the north end and is about 2 hours from my house.  I found a report that said the roads are excellent, and the loop takes about 2 hours to complete if you don't stop much.

I don't know if the weather will allow a ride yet this year......last week may have been our Indian Summer with October temps in the 80-90's.  Weather forecasts for the coming week is lows in the 30's and high highs in the 50's.  A look at the extended forecast shows only a few days where they expect the daytime highs to be in the low 60's.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&ie=UTF&mid=102vc88T4sSK7Nk2H_PG5Dj...

I have done some volunteer work in this area (Booneville/Beattyville), and Owsley County is one of the poorest counties in the USA.  The coal mining and lumber industries died, and the folks that are left behind have very little opportunity for employment.  The land is very rugged and doesn't provide much opportunity for other uses.  A few years ago Booneville was trying to promote the tourist use of the area for ATV riders - I don't know if they succeeded in making anything happen.

I am not sure where to stay.....Lago Linda Hideaway looks like it has some potential.  It says weekends are busy with rock climbers.....I betcha those folks are young and like to party and make a lot of noise after dark!  (I am pretty spoiled by places like the Kick Stand Lodge and Two Wheels of Suches where the campers/bikers go to bed early and don't make a lot of noise).
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/kentucky/beattyville/lago-linda-hideaway...

IP Logged
Ruttly
Serious Thumper

Thumpers Rule

Manteca , CA
Reply #39 - 10/13/18 at 12:27:11

I still want to do Pikes Peak even if they paved it all the way to the top ! And of course on my Savage/RYCA Tracker. Just to be there and take a run to the top would be huge fun , to qualify in a class would be a dream come true. To win that class , Priceless !

The Topic Terminator
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #40 - 10/13/18 at 20:58:09

The Bunk-House is only $40.00 + tax per night and sleeps 4 !  

That's as good as our spot in Texas .

This is a Nice Looking place in a Nice Location !   Camping $6.00 per-person , hot showers , flushing bath rooms , free Wi-Fi , all in a area that is catering to tourist.  

So , I just added it to my "Camp Ground" list .

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #41 - 10/22/18 at 08:03:55

Anybody interested in a trip to the Kick Stand Lodge either this weekend or next?  The weather is potentially doable...once we get later in the year I doubt it will be warm enough.

Next Wed/Thur/Fri/Sat all look good at this point (10/31 - 11/3).  Sun is threatening rain.  The mornings and evenings will be chilly - the afternoons will be OK and I would imagine the traffic will be light.

The other option that will likely favor MM and I riding together is to try the Hillbilly Triangle.  That ride is only a few hours of travel time for both of us.

The weather in that area is not real promising at the moment - but it could change in the next 10 days.

IP Logged
stewmills
Serious Thumper

Imagination is more
important than
knowledge

Auburn, AL
Reply #42 - 10/22/18 at 09:27:02

Hey, just caught this thread.  I would like to squeeze in one last trip but not positive about the schedule yet.  This weekend we're supposed to go to an event (we could change our mind and not go) and I sorta need to get some things done around the house with the current house project this weekend also.  Next weekend I don't think there is anything on the calendar.

Let me know what you're thinking and maybe I can plan ahead for next weekend?  May see if my brother wants to tag along.

2008 | 152/52.5–Air Mix 3/4 | RT6 w/Redline | Seat Lift w/Sheepskin | Speedo Rattle | Rear Pulley Shim | 140/90-15 Rear | Kaw Front Pulley | Relocated Rear Signals

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE!
  IP Logged
MMRanch
Serious Thumper

Evil flourishes if
Good Men do Nothing.

LYNCHBURG TN
Reply #43 - 10/23/18 at 19:10:42

I'm REALLY missing  them warm summer days.   I was just looking at the temps for the 29th-31st of Oct.

Makes my bones ache just thinking about the low 50's for the high temps.   The temps here tomorrow are forcast in the mid 60's so durning the middle of the day I'll get a ride in for 2 or 3 hours .    

Dave
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Reply #44 - 10/24/18 at 03:17:02

MMRanch wrote on 10/23/18 at 19:10:42:
The temps here tomorrow are forecast in the mid 60's so during the middle of the day I'll get a ride in for 2 or 3 hours .    

The afternoons here have been in the 60's and warm - night time has dropped down to the 30's.

Unfortunately I have been doing yard work and cutting/stacking firewood on those nice afternoons.  I am way behind on cutting my firewood for winter - I just could not get it done this summer as the 90+ temperatures just made cutting firewood too brutal.

It is going to be 67 degrees on the Dragon today!  It is a shame I can't be there.......... Embarrassed

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
04/19/24 at 21:05:31

General CategoryThe Cafe › Things on a bucket list

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.