Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Fun With Math (and elections) (Read 39 times)
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Fun With Math (and elections)
11/09/17 at 11:48:38

So, a poll from our president's supporters came out recently and it shows that 91% of those supporters would vote for him again!

Wow - I'm amazed that tweety hung onto that many!  I mean, who'd have thought?  Of course, it is only the first year and all - but hey, whatever.

But wait.... that means 9% would NOT vote for him again... right?

OK then, let's take that 9% and throw it away.  DON'T give them to hillary. She only gets to keep her original votes - what do you think happens?  She wins Wisconsin by 100K.  She wins Michigan by almost 200K.  She wins Pennsylvania by about 150K.  She wins Florida by over 300K!  Voila - we have a completely different outcome. (I'll let you guess who wins the electoral)

Do you see the point I'm making?  Our president has lost his backing and the skin-of-the-teeth win he pulled off is no longer valid (and this is within his own base).  It's a shame it took these folks a year to realize their mistakes... oh well.

Now, before every con comes at me with "you love hillary!" - relax, I don't.  I only hate her less than the orange child we have in office now.

Now, you can take this with a grain of salt - as I'm sure the cons will - or you can begin to see the cracks in the (already porous) foundation of the president's support and the republican party in general.

Tuesday's vote was by no means a mandate for democrats.  But it sure as heck was a loss/kick in the side to the republicans.

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Re: Fun With Math (and elections)
Reply #1 - 11/09/17 at 12:51:13

If we're going to be theoretical, I suppose if the DNC were honest and they could put forth an honest primary and find a true leader against Trump, you wouldn't be such a sore looser.

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 11/09/17 at 13:03:27

verslagen1 wrote on 11/09/17 at 12:51:13:
If we're going to be theoretical, I suppose if the DNC were honest and they could put forth an honest primary and find a true leader against Trump, you wouldn't be such a sore looser.

I'm not a sore loser (that's how you spell it, btw).  I'm an upset constituent.  Big difference.  I hated both candidates.  But I hated one a little less than the other.  I was never "with her".

Oh, and remember the point of this little thread I started.  It's about fun with math and elections.  Not the DNC.  The people who voted for tweety have nothing to do with the DNC.

The fact is, he's lost 9% of his loyal base.  Guess you're not one of them, huh?  Grin

IP Logged
Serowbot
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

OK.... so what's the
speed of dark?

Tucson Az
Reply #3 - 11/09/17 at 13:12:06

Hilary wasn't great, but she wasn't stupid...
I can't get over the idea that I wouldn't trust Trump to make french fries...

Ludicrous Speed !... ... Huh...
  IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #4 - 11/09/17 at 13:30:59

T And T Garage wrote on 11/09/17 at 13:03:27:
The fact is, he's lost 9% of his loyal base.  Guess you're not one of them, huh?  Grin[/color]

You claim that (what did you claim?) 39% approve of trump?

39 / 50 (assuming 50% are republicans) = 78%
You claim 91% would vote for him again.
Looks like he's gained approval by 13%

Looooooooooooooooser

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 11/09/17 at 13:50:42

verslagen1 wrote on 11/09/17 at 13:30:59:
T And T Garage wrote on 11/09/17 at 13:03:27:
The fact is, he's lost 9% of his loyal base.  Guess you're not one of them, huh?  Grin[/color]

You claim that (what did you claim?) 39% approve of trump?

39 / 50 (assuming 50% are republicans) = 78%
You claim 91% would vote for him again.
Looks like he's gained approval by 13%

Looooooooooooooooser

Oh vers... how adorable.  This is why you should learn about something before you open your mouth (or in this case, type).  It's funny, you don't even see the err in your own statement.

Please - allow me:

Going back to my original post (try to follow along):

..a poll from our president's supporters came out recently and it shows that 91% of those supporters would vote for him again!

What that means is - of the people that originally voted for him, 91% would do it again.  This is not an approval poll.  How can you not see that?

Now, using math, we know the remainder to be 9%.  That 9% would not vote for him again if they had to do it over.  Are you getting this?  
Now, if you take that 9% off of tweety's totals, and at the same time, don't give it to hillary, he loses bigly.

That's the point I make.

You see vers, what you don't realize is that an approval rating poll is NOT taken from just tweety supporters - it's a cross section of all voters.  The poll I used was for tweety voters only.

Your math is not only off - it's fake.  Hey, look at you!  Fake News!!   Grin Grin

Now don't you feel silly for your snarky, and inept, response?

(I sure hope your day job doesn't include doing any math....)

IP Logged
verslagen1
YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

Where there's a
will, I want to be
in it.

L.A. California
Reply #6 - 11/09/17 at 14:25:58

loser

WWW   IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #7 - 11/09/17 at 14:39:42

verslagen1 wrote on 11/09/17 at 14:25:58:
loser

Grin Grin

Oh... so nice!

Well, at least you didn't delete the post on me.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #8 - 11/09/17 at 16:24:08

our president's supporters came out recently and it shows that 91% of those supporters would vote for him agai

That's as big of a load of BULLSHIT as Hillary polls trying to get people to think she had a chance.
Nobody ever wants to remember that hoopla surrounding the stores selling Trump women's accessories clobbering the other shops.

IF IN FACT THE GENERAL POPULATION IS LEFTY, THEY WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BUYING TRUMP STUFF.
You buncha GUTLESS mofos will not touch that.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 15:57:40

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Fun With Math (and elections)

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.