Donate!
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register :: View Members
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sexual harassment......... (Read 63 times)
raydawg
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

pacific northwest
Sexual harassment.........
10/26/17 at 13:49:00

What I do know, is no charge will ever be forthcoming against me.
Having said that, I credit that to my upbringing, not that I am superior, etc.

There was no gray area, the boundary was distinct, and if crossed, consequences prevailed.

Oh I believe it has always exsisted, it was just covered up, but I wonder if this laxing of morality, etc, has allowed it to fester to this point if victims finally bucking the system?

Our culture seems to have no qualms about singing about sex, filming it, etc, to where I believe it has muddied those boundaries.

Not sure if I am explaining myself well, but it is an issue that should be addressed, for many reasons.

Your thoughts?

“The biggest big business in America is not steel, automobiles, or television. It is the manufacture, refinement and distribution of anxiety.”—Eric Sevareid (1964)
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Re: Sexual harassment.........
Reply #1 - 10/26/17 at 17:38:04

I think there will always be men in power who use their position to either abuse, assault or even rape woman. Look no further than our former President Clinton.

Worse than in the past? I don't think so. I think women have a bigger network of support now than in the past.

You also have to be concerned about false charges. The ease of which institutions can automatically pass judgments based solely upon the severity of the charge is a problem. Think Duke Lacrosse for example.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #2 - 10/27/17 at 06:32:54

WebsterMark wrote on 10/26/17 at 17:38:04:
I think there will always be men in power who use their position to either abuse, assault or even rape woman. Look no further than our former President Clinton.

Or our current president.

Worse than in the past? I don't think so. I think women have a bigger network of support now than in the past.

You also have to be concerned about false charges. The ease of which institutions can automatically pass judgments based solely upon the severity of the charge is a problem. Think Duke Lacrosse for example.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #3 - 10/27/17 at 06:51:10

It's about parenting and being involved in your children's lives.  You as a parent teaching right and wrong instead of having the television (or some other screen) teach your kid.

Showing compassion, truth and stability has more importance than people think.

I came from a single parent household.  I was show all these by my mom and emulated her.  She was by no means perfect, but she admitted that.  She sometimes failed, but always tried her best.

Several people I knew had "cool" parents.  Guess where they are now?  Living hand-to-mouth and eking out a living.  Not that I am rich by any means, but I'm not on a bar stool four nights a week either.

Suffice it to say, it may seem like things are worse now, but they're not.  We hear about the bad a lot more than we did when we were kids (just like our parents).

As I've said before, the news that conservatives tune into on a regular basis peddle fear.  How many times did bill-o run segments on "the war on Christmas"?  Look at our president's first press conference - calling out immigrants as "rapists".  Fear rules the conservative party.  They used to be the party of fiscal responsibility and a check to the dems.  Not any more.  They choose to make their base scared and point fingers at the people who are supposedly coming to get them.  Why did they stop fighting the war on poverty and start the war on poor people?

At any rate, and as it relates to sexual harassment, I think things are no better or worse than they were in the past.  We hear about it more because of the flow of information.  But "the casting couch" and the like have been around a long time.  And web is right - people in power tend to abuse more often than not.  But the support system and that same flow of information are beginning to turn the tide.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #4 - 10/27/17 at 06:52:30

TT, show anything to indicate RAPE and Trump in the same sentence.
Bill, easy enough.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #5 - 10/27/17 at 07:24:31

The lying media repeatedly paints a false picture about Trump while soft peddling and offering some level of protection for those on Team Democrats. No reporter is ever going to ask Chelsea Clinton how does it feel to be the daughter of a sex predator like they did Ivanka.

Whatever claims against Trump (all false so far) they pale in comparison to Bill who is still favored by the majority of our American press. So on one hand, I have zero sympathy for the Ashley Judd's of the world. Loudly proclaiming Trump guilty of something false while keeping their little secret in part to protect the enabler Hilary's chances knowing full well her success puts Bill back in The White House with power over women once again.

Power corrupts. Men in those positions are usually alpha males. They regularly fight against other males so why shouldn't they assume woman are there just for their needs?

My daughter is an engineer, a male dominated career if there ever was one. Sure I worry about this. I've told her before what to do if that situation occurs and this recent news will make it easier to do that.

But let's be clear on one thing, Trump is not Bill Clinton. Bill's a rapist. The only difference between Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby is one used drugs and the other used the power of his political office.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #6 - 10/27/17 at 08:59:17

WebsterMark wrote on 10/27/17 at 07:24:31:
The lying media repeatedly paints a false picture about Trump while soft peddling and offering some level of protection for those on Team Democrats. No reporter is ever going to ask Chelsea Clinton how does it feel to be the daughter of a sex predator like they did Ivanka.

Whatever claims against Trump (all false so far) they pale in comparison to Bill who is still favored by the majority of our American press. So on one hand, I have zero sympathy for the Ashley Judd's of the world. Loudly proclaiming Trump guilty of something false while keeping their little secret in part to protect the enabler Hilary's chances knowing full well her success puts Bill back in The White House with power over women once again.

Ahh, I see you also have on blinders, just like you accuse the dems of having.  Nice.  BTW, I NEVER defended Clinton.  He's no better (when it comes to sexual predatory behaviors) than tweety.  But don't gloss over our current president.  BTW, Clinton was never convicted, only accused - just like tweety.

Power corrupts. Men in those positions are usually alpha males. They regularly fight against other males so why shouldn't they assume woman are there just for their needs?

Wait.... Are you seriously DEFENDING THIS BEHAVIOR???????

My daughter is an engineer, a male dominated career if there ever was one. Sure I worry about this. I've told her before what to do if that situation occurs and this recent news will make it easier to do that.

As you said right above, she should expect that and tolerate it, right?  "why shouldn't they assume woman (sic) are there just for their needs? "  With an attitude like that, why didn't you just try to arrange a marriage for your daughter?

But let's be clear on one thing, Trump is not Bill Clinton. Bill's a rapist. The only difference between Bill Clinton and Bill Cosby is one used drugs and the other used the power of his political office.

He is?  Did he get convicted of rape?  Ummm... Nope.  Just like our current president, he's been accused - and that's about it.

Of course, there has been this written about dear old tweety:

From Harry Hurt's "Lost Tycoon" - The part of the book that caused the most controversy concerns Trump’s divorce from his first wife, Ivana. Hurt obtained a copy of her sworn divorce deposition, from 1990, in which she stated that, the previous year, her husband had raped her in a fit of rage. In Hurt’s account, Trump was furious that a “scalp reduction” operation he’d undergone to eliminate a bald spot had been unexpectedly painful. Ivana had recommended the plastic surgeon. In retaliation, Hurt wrote, Trump yanked out a handful of his wife’s hair, and then forced himself on her sexually. Afterward, according to the book, she spent the night locked in a bedroom, crying; in the morning, Trump asked her, “with menacing casualness, ‘Does it hurt?’ ” Trump has denied both the rape allegation and the suggestion that he had a scalp-reduction procedure. Hurt said that the incident, which is detailed in Ivana’s deposition, was confirmed by two of her friends.

End of story.

Now, maybe someone else should get back to the topic at hand.

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #7 - 10/27/17 at 09:35:04

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
Eegore
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #8 - 10/27/17 at 10:12:12

In an attempt to keep this on-topic and not turn everything into an issue about Trump:

Sexual harassment requires education, and people standing up to it when it happens.  Just like everything else in the world practices to help reduce sexual assault and such will be abused, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't exist.

Education must be for both genders, for instance at our last ACOVA meeting we looked over a case study where a female was kidnapped at 9pm, taken to the woods and raped repeatedly until the next morning.  The person who raped her was cleared because the jury indicated the victim should not have been in a location to be kidnapped at 9pm.

3 females on that jury agreed that she should not have been out at 9pm.  It would help to educate our youth that there is no acceptable location to abduct and rape people.  It would help to reduce the "that would never happen to me" mentality through education.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #9 - 10/27/17 at 10:34:11

Is there anyone else who read my comments in context who believes I'm defending that behavior? No, of course not. Use silliness to pick fights with others, I'm not bothering anymore.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #10 - 10/27/17 at 10:56:50

WebsterMark wrote on 10/27/17 at 10:34:11:

Is there anyone else who read my comments in context who believes I'm defending that behavior? No, of course not. Use silliness to pick fights with others, I'm not bothering anymore.

Ok, I'll admit that was perhaps a little far... but it's no different than saying "Oh, he didn't know any better when he groped your daughter"...

In context:
"They regularly fight against other males so why shouldn't they assume woman are there just for their needs? "

Answer - Because they shouldn't, that's why.

See my point?

Perhaps you think you phrased it differently - you didn't.

IP Logged
WebsterMark
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #11 - 10/27/17 at 11:01:04

No, that's not context. That's out of context. My post in it's entirety was clearly against the practice. Again, you're just looking for a fight. Look elsewhere.

IP Logged
T And T Garage
Serious Thumper

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Reply #12 - 10/27/17 at 11:19:20

WebsterMark wrote on 10/27/17 at 11:01:04:
No, that's not context. That's out of context. My post in it's entirety was clearly against the practice. Again, you're just looking for a fight. Look elsewhere.

Grin - I'm not looking for a fight, I'm simply pointing out what YOU said.

What was the context then?  Show me where I'm wrong and I'll take total responsibility.  Like I said, you may have meant it some other way, but you didn't articulate it.

It would be no different than someone defending Clinton the same way.  "Bill Clinton regularly fights against other males so why shouldn't he assume women are there just for his needs? "

Lighten up web - no harm in admitting you were wrong....

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

Reply #13 - 10/27/17 at 13:37:37

last ACOVA meeting we looked over a case study where a female was kidnapped at 9pm, taken to the woods and raped repeatedly until the next morning.  The person who raped her was cleared because the jury indicated the victim should not have been in a location to be kidnapped at 9pm.

Wow,  that's so wrong. I almost hope those jurors get mugged and the jurors they are wanting justice from decide it's their fault for looking like they have valuables.
Good grief, get raped and told it's your fault?
Hey, judge, not My fault I stole the money, it's THEIR fault for letting me see it.
Look poor, be ugly, or it's your fault..

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
05/18/24 at 14:18:43

General CategoryPolitics, Religion (Tall Table) › Sexual harassment.........

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.