YaBB Moderator
ModSquad

SuzukiSavage.com
Rocks!

Camp Springs, Kentucky
Re: Front Tire Question
Reply #30 - 10/25/17 at 03:29:20

mpescatori wrote on 10/25/17 at 02:07:31:
...a bike mechanic expert at lacing wire wheels ?
You mean like pink elephants and that thing about being rarer than hens' teeth ?
Grin
Unfortunately... many mechanics don't even know how to setup points&condenser ignition, never mind lacing spokes...
Tongue

With all the bicycles you have over there....seems somebody would be good at making and lacing up wheel sets.  You could maybe find a bicycle mechanic who can do it for you.....hopefully he has a spoke torque wrench to get the spokes tightened up properly - the spoke maker can tell you the exact number - but I suspect it is around 45 in/lbs.

Someday I will be old......But not today!

IP Logged
justin_o_guy2
Serious Thumper

What happened?

East Texas, 1/2 dallas/la.
Reply #31 - 07/14/18 at 10:36:39

I dropped the money for Metzler 880, front and rear. After almost five Thousand miles the rear tire looks like it's gonna make fifteen or more.
Just put the front on less than two thousand ago. It's great. A little less grip on wet than I wanted, but I'm pleased overall.

The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.- Edmund Burke.
  IP Logged
faffi

A.S.A.N.

Norway
Reply #32 - 07/14/18 at 13:47:43

I have actually had great results from the Heidenau K34. It doesn't look that impressive, but is the longest-wearing front I have tried. In addition, it grips fantastic and mine is scrubbed from edge to edge (no, you cannot do that on a Savage, I have a different bike)  and it has never slid. That's more than I can say for a number of tyres I've used over the years.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print

« Home

« Home
SuzukiSavage.com
03/28/24 at 13:18:24

General CategoryRubber Side Down! › Front Tire Question

SuzukiSavage.com » Powered by YaBB 2.2!
YaBB © 2000-2007. All Rights Reserved.